Wtf???

It couldn’t have gone either way.

Respect to both men

The ref did not stop the fight, why does someone not being able to continue after the bout is over make him lose?

Merab needs to appeal. Bullshit.

Exactly. It boggles my mind how inept these commissions are considering this is a pro sport at the highest level

What do you mean? What's bullshit about a guy winning by TKO via submission after the bell in the 3rd round?

It was definitely weird, but I think he was out for a sec at the end.

He was out but the ref didn't call him out so how can that be a ref stoppage. He lasted the 15 minutes and was ahead on the cards, most likely.

Bell saved that guy's life. Simon deserves that win.

How the fuck do you figure? He had the blood "choke" in for a good 50 seconds and Merab was fine the entire time. Simon would have blown his arms out trying to finish that

It makes perfect sense. He didnt tap and was sleeping when the bell rang. He woke up a few seconds afterwards so its a technical submission.

Or maybe he was just resting because of the inhuman amount of energy he had spent to get to that point. Who wouldn't be completely exhausted right there ? And who would possibly think that he'd have to do anything at that point? The final bell had sounded.

The guy was out but his legs were just a reaction. The biggest indicator for Simon winning the fight is that the other guy was NOT DEFENDING his neck. We all know that if you get caught in a guillotine, the first thing you do is get a hand in on your neck. He did neither.. He couldn't get up after the fight because he was clearly OUT!

It was weird because I thought he was kicking his legs to make butterfly guard and get out the choke but I forgot when oxygen is taken completely out of you sometimes your body shakes the legs like that. I thought he toughed it out to the decision.

Just like Holly punching when she was choked out by Tate.

He was out but the ref didn't call him out so how can that be a ref stoppage. He lasted the 15 minutes and was ahead on the cards, most likely.

Once the final bell sounds, the fight is over. You can pass out, lay down, limp, cry out in pain, anything. The fight is over and goes to decision.

Yep that was a ridiculous call. How was he out if he was still kicking?
The human body does that when getting taken out of oxygen. Interesting how it still fights for you after youre gone. Id post a graphic video as an example but I think its against the rules. You can google all of this though

I can’t wait to hear uncle Dana talk about this one lol. That was the most mentally handicapped thing I’ve ever seen.

Back