WTF is wrong with Aoki?

Well, to be fair..Askren's defensive grappling Is really really good. Tough matchup for Aoki

not to mention hes like 30 pounds heavier

aoki is way past his prime.

Shinya beat a lot of cans most his career, and lost convincingly against top guys like melendez and Eddie

noob alert.

kitaoka, aurelio, kawajiri, hirota, joachim, shaolin, caol uno, jz

those were all elite fighters when aoki beat them.

not to mention your apparent lack of knowledge that he beat eddie alvarez.

Looks like he thought it would be a good idea to jump and pull guard on a gorilla strong wrestler who likes to pound peoples heads while they're on their backs.

Probably not the best idea.

aoki is way past his prime.

noob alert.

kitaoka, aurelio, kawajiri, hirota, joachim, shaolin, caol uno, jz

those were all elite fighters when aoki beat them.

not to mention your apparent lack of knowledge that he beat eddie alvarez.
VlgXG.gif

Aoki looked he just showed up for payday and wanted to catch an early flight. Gave up at the first opportunity.

Askren is goat that's what

tumblr_lyoh5kAH5X1rnpheko1_500.jpg

and for sure don't pull guard, you're unlikely to sub him and you're not getting back up to your feet either.

What else did you expect to happen?

He fought a bigger and stronger grappler.

I also do not see a work I see a guy who has had almost 50 pro fights over 14 years, who knows his best days are behind him, fighting a guy not only a full weight class heavier than him but one that is arguably still the best 170er outside of the UFC who he cannot take down and cannot out strike.

I think he actually went for the only chance he had: get it into a grappling match on his terms and hope Askren makes a mistake. Well, Askren did not, and instead of trying like hell to continue the fight he just sort of says "screw it".

He took home a nice paycheck and did not get brutalized in the process, which was probably his plan all along. So not a work, but not an honest attempt at winning the contest either. Sad really.

Shit makes old school Pancrase look like legitimate MMA.

Aoki did the same thing he always does, pulled guard. He just met a better grappler and got beat up. What surprise is there here?

yeah i'm not that kinda guy, but that fight looked shady as fuck.

aoki just laid there and let askren hit him, like didn't do anything at ALL.

i know askren is bigger and aoki is near the end of his career but i don't buy that fight being legit.

He looks as shot as Gomi.

Hmm, if Gomi isn't hanging things up then Gomi/Aoki should be a double retirement fight.

I watched a presser and Aoki looked defeated before the fight.
Aoki was a mythical creature a few years ago, beating second tier guys and a few decent guys but got old.
Askren has made his career beating second tier guys.
Askren is a WW, Aoki a LW.
Not a fix, just a super shit match up against an older mythical LW against a decent WW that hasn't really fought top competition.

Back