WTF is wrong with Aoki?

Aoki has always been the type of fighter that doesnt make comebacks and quits when the going gets tough ala Crumble, Vitor, BJ, Paul Harris, Corasani, Ellensburger etc.

First sign of adversity/resistance they usually fold and quit

R u sure? I remember someone in sherdog telling me askren barely cuts weight to make 185. So whose the liar or whose the guessing boy?
Barely cuts to 185? the fight was at 170

Bwahaha did Ben even break a sweat?

Lmao.

He lost to an undefeated wrestler one weight class above him.

Had he won, this thread would've been titled, "WTF Is Wrong With Askren?"
This, and Aoki is arguably 2 weight classes smaller due to his already non-existent weight cut. Askren rocked the shit out of him with that full body weight slam aswell.

Not really all that strange.

Real or fake, I don't see how anyone had any expectations of this fight other than what happened.

I understand that Ben is probably that good but come on that was not the Aoki that we know, that was ridiculous, he didn't even tried.

Probably he's going through a mental thing ? Something similar to Filho?

There's level to this. You notalgic dorks need to learn that your favorite prehistoric fighters were never that good,.

Askren is so overrated LOL!! Did u see that first weak ass punch aoki landed, looked like it stunned ben for a moment.

He's really old and way smaller. This shouldn't have shocked you.

Why isn't this in the bush league forum?

Aoki is just not that good and he never was. He was a flash in the pan when he beat a young Eddie Alvarez, Kawajiri, and maybe one other guy, but he was never this incredible dude that people made him out to be. He was just a high level grappler fighting low level guys.

Flash in the pan lol, he was a top 10 LW for half a decade. On top of Eddie and Kawajiri, he also beat Hansen twice, JZ, Shaolin amongst others.

Against Ben he looked like a dude collecting a paycheck. If Aoki showed up with any sort of motivation, it could have been a great fight.

He's a one dimensional LW from an era long passed and he always crumbles when things don't go his way. Lol at people calling Askren GOAT though. Dude hasn't fought anyone decent since Hieron and Lima 5+ years ago. I mean, I guess you could give him Koreshkov as well.

Looked about right to me. Askren would do that to plenty of ufc fighters as well

lol?

Aoki fought his entire career at LW

Ben publically admitted he cuts from nearly 200 pounds. He's 25 pounds heavier than Aoki and he's an elite fighter. Nothing fake about it dumbass

Just go look at how Alvarez tooled him a few years back and imagine a bigger, stronger, better wrestler.

He was totally out matched
I think he meant in the way that Aoki pilled guard, then literally did nothing else. He didn't break his own guard at all to go to any sort of Z guard/leg transition like he would usually. Its not like he got caught and KOd with one punch on the canvas...he sat there literally just absorbing shot after shot and then turtles up before he was even hurt.

It was a mismatch to begin with, and we all knew Askrin would steamroll him, but Aoki has never quit like that.

Nothing fake about it. Askren is bigger, stronger and a much better fighter than Aoki.

Last edited:
Back