WSOF To Crown New BW Champ, Moraes Leaving, Branch Has Big Announcement

CC27

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
WSOF will crown a new BW champ at WSOF 35 on March 18th which means Moraes is leaving the org for the UFC or Bellator.

Last week a rumor about Branch fighting in UFC on the Buffalo card circulated and now Branch tweeted he has a big announcement on Monday.

Sounds like he might also be leaving WSOF for UFC or Bellator.

Gaethje is a free agent this month and could sign with Bellator or UFC.

Fitch is likely retiring due to health issues

WSOF might have just lost 5 champs.

Will WSOF survive?

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/1/2...ormerly-wsof-sue-acak-lampman-others-mma-news

Damn, but I read an article the other day they are pretty much going under this year. Credit for lasting this long.

Gaethje, Branch and Moraes would be beasts in the UFC, hopefully they sign with them instead of Bellator. I wanna see them against the best and how they match up with them

I doubt they go to Bellator.
They are all managed by Ali and Ali hasn't send fighters to Bellator.

Either WSOF is done and they're letting some fighters go early or they're trying to revamp their product in a completely stupid way.

Either WSOF is done and they're letting some fighters go early or they're trying to revamp their product in a completely stupid way.

This is probably what it is. Even though to us the hardcore fans if Justin/Moraes are fighting it makes the card more interesting it might not mean as much at the gate or ratings.

So if WSOF can get similar ratings/gates with a card like WSOF 35 and they dont have to pay Justin/Moraes/Branch 6 figures its probably the better direction to go in.

<{pray-uh}><{pray-uh}><{pray-uh}>

This-is-so-Exciting-Pineapple-Express.gif

Gaethje, moraes and branch are all Ali abdel aziz fighters' and in all dominance mma does not have a single fighter in Bellator' I think they are Akon going to the UFC

Not a WSOF fan but Branch needs to get out of here with that #hostage crap.

They gave him 10 fights out of their 34 events and let him pursue two belts and revitalized his career.

Most of their champs could be leaving at the same time. Wonder how they will deal with this if they plan on moving forward with the org.

Branch will be a third rate fighter in the UFC just watch. Guy hasn't improved since his ufc days he's just been fighting tomato cans in WSOF. Gaethje and Moraes have legit potential tho

Losing what appears to be 3 of there tops guys who hold 4 belts. Fitch and Shields are more or less done at this point even if neither knows that.

The icing on the cake there NBCsports deal is just about over and by all indications will not be renewed. If a miracle does happen and its renewed you know it will be for even less money as they proved what they could do. This also goes for any other media deal they maybe pursuing. The product has track record of what it can do.

My prediction is they shrink and sign a deal to be on Fightpass. Never to really be heard from again on any level of I got watch this card.

oh man I excited as hell about those 3 guys fighting in UFC

Branch will be a third rate fighter in the UFC just watch. Guy hasn't improved since his ufc days he's just been fighting tomato cans in WSOF. Gaethje and Moraes have legit potential tho
I think he should rematch Gerald Harris and if he doesn't get KTFO again he can go back to the UFC

This is probably what it is. Even though to us the hardcore fans if Justin/Moraes are fighting it makes the card more interesting it might not mean as much at the gate or ratings.

So if WSOF can get similar ratings/gates with a card like WSOF 35 and they dont have to pay Justin/Moraes/Branch 6 figures its probably the better direction to go in.
Sounds about right. If they go with this approach, I'm pretty much done with the WSOF. Why watch it anymore when we can watch those guys duke it out in the UFC? If they're going to become another Bellator, I have no reason to watch it.

With that said, Fitch is probably regretting all the shit he talked about the UFC lol. I hope they book Moraes vs Lineker and Branch vs Whittaker or Anderson/Brunson winner.

Last edited:
Not a WSOF fan but Branch needs to get out of here with that #hostage crap.

They gave him 10 fights out of their 34 events and let him pursue two belts and revitalized his career.

Also paid him 6 figures.

Last edited:
Sounds about right. If they go with this approach, I'm pretty much done with the WSOF.

Im good with wsof making few events a year as long as they stack their cards as they are doing lately.
Branch and Moraes have had 10+ fights with brilliant performances in wsof and they are now widely considered top class in their division. It's a great run, I dont know what did you expect but these kind of champions will most likely leave to ufc eventually out of any promotion.

Why watch it anymore when we can watch those guys duke it out in the UFC? If they're going to become another Bellator, I have no reason to watch it.

wsof is not going to become another Bellator, they dont have the budget for 20 events a year and such a deep roster or that Rory money.
I like wsof is more serious with matchmaking than Bellator. Bellator is just not interested on top grapplers in their welterweight division for example. Good to have wsof around since there isnt a better showcase in North America

Awesome to hear. Both will make some waves in the UFC.

I'm fine with letting them all leave. You can only get so many viewers with straight mma so why continue fighting that losing war. Even the ufc with their marketing machine, money, mma media control, and top fighters skill wise knows you need the storylines and characters to make the real $ and that mma on its own isn't a big seller.

Bring in a cornette or heyman, let the expensive guys go, and with that $ bring in a whole bunch of guys who can talk and play a gimmick while also being able to brawl it up in an entertaining way.

Back