WR what's your definition of racism? How do you spot one?

rac·ism
[ˈrāˌsizəm]
NOUN

The belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.​
The problem with that is if its changed from all to most, its true.

Treating or judging someone unfairly based on their race, rather than their actions and content of their character

Notice it's not always based on genetics. I think it's racist when people do things like want to make special rules for certain races, under the assumption that they are inferior and need extra help. Even if the racist uses nongenetic excuses like "historical disenfranchisement", "institutional racism", "long term effects of colonization" etc. it still boils down to "I expect less from you because of your race"

I think race should only be used as a physical descriptor like hair color or blood type and should otherwise be ignored

It' the warroom... they look to the opposing side and point a finger.

Anyone who disagrees with me.

If you disagree with this, don't bother replying because I don't care to hear your racist opinion.

When they intentionally enunciate "vinegar" inappropriately.

I am not a racist. I am racially conscious as everyone should be.

Everyone has their fair share of racist feelings or at the very least we tend to hold stereotypical views on various people or groups of people.

It becomes a problem when you base your way of life on those beliefs and fail to adjust how you deal with people on an individual basis.

Its usually a cultural thing.
That is true accross the board. Cultural, and sub-cultural differences account for a lot of things that we refer to as racial.

When white liberals don't believe that minorities should be fully accountable for their actions and feel that many wrongdoings today can be justified by past aggressions from hundreds of years ago.

Back