Wouldn't it be funny if Wonderboy took Till down?

It's not about a better ground game. The person on top almost always has the advantage (unless you're GSP vs Bisping). It's far easier to learn top control BJJ and submission avoidance, than it is to learn to throw submissions off of your back.

In other words, I'm not arguing that Till would have more success with top position on Wonderboy, than vice-versa. But if Wonderboy can secure takedowns, Till will be a decided disadvantage on the bottom.

Yeahhh man makes sense I was just high AF when I wrote that

It's not about a better ground game. The person on top almost always has the advantage (unless you're GSP vs Bisping). It's far easier to learn top control BJJ and submission avoidance, than it is to learn to throw submissions off of your back.

In other words, I'm not arguing that Till would have more success with top position on Wonderboy, than vice-versa. But if Wonderboy can secure takedowns, Till will be a decided disadvantage on the bottom.
It's just not his game, he probably would get kneed in the face or guillotined trying some telegraphed takedown against a better grappler. He's better off staying in his lane.

Till had to grab the cage against Ayari to avoid the TD.

And Ayari has a base in soccer.

Didn't Till say the ground is a possibility this fight? I'd imagine Till going for a few takedowns to keep Wonderboy on his toes, since a striking only match with Wonderboy is a probable death sentence.

Back