Wouldn't it be funny if Wonderboy took Till down?

Alpha_T83

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
The one thing about Wonderboy, is that he's very intelligent -- similar to GSP and Anderson. I think Wonderboy realized that one of his big weaknesses against Woodley was ultimately his wrestling. He was so worried about stopping the takedown that he left himself open to Woodley's big right hand.

I'm wondering if Wonderboy hasn't secretly been working his wrestling. It would be brilliant if Wonderboy could mix in takedowns on Till. That threat alone would have Till guessing, and open up even more striking opportunities later in the fight.

I can see Wonderboy getting a nice back mount TKO

<mma4>

Till has a better ground game btw

Last edited:
Wonderboy via GnP KO

And Maia via Spinning heel kick KO his next fight

Till via confidence*

(*not to be confused with cockiness)

He stuffed a few takedowns attempts from Hendricks.

The Weidman effect is real.

Till had a better ground game btw

It's not about a better ground game. The person on top almost always has the advantage (unless you're GSP vs Bisping). It's far easier to learn top control BJJ and submission avoidance, than it is to learn to throw submissions off of your back.

In other words, I'm not arguing that Till would have more success with top position on Wonderboy, than vice-versa. But if Wonderboy can secure takedowns, Till will be a decided disadvantage on the bottom.

Till via confidence*

(*not to be confused with cockiness)

I think Till will take the strategy most analysts say is his best chance: Get in the pocket and make the fight ugly. Till will get picked apart long range (most likely) against Wonderboy. However, he could definitely beat Wonderboy by pushing into the pocket and forcing messy exchanges. But if Wonderboy identifies this, he could counter with a takedown.

I predict that Till will push forward into the pocket, and Wonderboy will change levels and use Till's forward momentum to secure takedowns, followed by nasty GnP.

it would be a big waste of energy if he did that. even if hes on top, he wont have the top control or even the top game to inflict damage.

Like Conor once said, there's a panic wrestler in all of us

Don't be surprised to see that Thompson has developed a legit ground game. He's still a striker first, but be looking for it ...

Cowboy couldn’t even take till down and he takes lots of guys down by surprise. What the hell is Wonderboy gonna do? He’s gonna win by tko or decision.

Till has become so overrated on Sherdog its ridiculous. We have a full blown hype train on our hands.

Reminds me of Cro Cop vs Barry - striker vs striker and then BOOM Cro Cop wins via submission,.

This is also bc Cro Cop has a very underrated ground game.

Wonderboy via GnP KO

And Maia via Spinning heel kick KO his next fight

We already got K1 Maia though

2v807b9.jpg

Btw it will be a shame, most interessing striking matchup since Shogun v Machida

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back