Would you rather have an immediate rematch or have one of these fight AJ next?

Badr Hari

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I'm for a rematch but not immediately. Tyson Fury was tbh only in slightly better shape than for what he was against Seferi and Pianeta in the summer. He managed to outbox Wilder because of his skills and heart. I think physically he has to work even harder and longer to reach his peak.

Let's make AJ vs Wilder for the undsiputed title on april 13th and have the winner facing Fury in late 2019.

I want to know what do you fellas like to see not what do you think will happen.

Rematch. Fury seems to be getting back to old form, and while I'm not thrilled about someone like him holding a title belt, it's better than the alternative. Wilder, for all his athleticism, great right hand and improvements recently, is still garbage.

both is fine, but after this fight i'm thinking AJ fucks them both up.

Joshua missed the boat.
That was litteraly the worst possible decision for him.
He wanted to be difficult in setting up a fight with Wilder, Tyson steps in and now he is gonna sit the sidelines again.

Fuck him....he highlights what exactly is wrong with boxing.
Champs hand pick opponents, don't want to defend and unify, the sport is a joke because of it.

The only fight to make is the rematch. AJ ain't gonna fight anyone coming off a draw.

Any of the 3 options is good in my book. I'd say a rematch between Fury and Wilder is more urgent. Thanks to the draw there will be room for a third fight at some point.

Also, after a rematch we'd have a unification of the lineal and all 4 major titles. This is something I'd greatly enjoy watching.

Fury beats both from now on in and AJ wilder is 50 50.

I dunno man I think AJ is gonna knock Deontay into the netherworld now.

Fury vs AJ is the spicy one.
Yeah maybe. I wouldn't be surprised.

I honestly think Tyson will get even better and school both of them from now on in. As long as he decides to stay in the game.

Fury beats both from now on in and AJ wilder is 50 50.
for all his defensive prowess, fury did get clocked cleanly at least twice by wilder, and AJ is a lot more technical. wilder threw like 5 technical punches in 12 rounds, and 3 of those dropped fury.

joshua isn't as explosive and has a different feel to his power, but he is a lot more savvy and capable of adjusting, while still having more than enough power to put anyone to sleep. i think he puts fury to sleep late in a very entertaining fight.

as for AJ vs wilder, deontay has a chance in any fight with that right hand... but fury was landing the 1-2 all night and even stunned him a couple of times. if AJ lands that same combination on him, he goes to sleep. before this fight i'd call it 50-50, today i'm leaning heavily towards joshua.

TBH Wilder has a beard and decent recovery, we saw that against Ortiz. Furthermore, AJ is far from showing the same lateral movement, with as much quickness and diversity, as Fury. He's also shorter ; he'll stay in Wilder's hitting zone way longer than Fury. And he doesn't move his head as weIl. Far from it. I think AJ-Wilder would make a very interesting fight, with equal odds as far as I'm concerned. This one doesn't go the distance.

Last edited:
Joshua missed the boat.

This might be the best result for AJ, in that the winner of the Wilder/Fury rematch will have had their profile raised considerably internationally, moreso than if they'd had a single fight with a clear outcome in either guy's favour. That means that the eventual showdown with Joshua is going to do bigger numbers and be much more financially lucrative for those involved. Joshua wasn't going to fight either one in April anyway so there's no extended "sitting on the sidelines". Joshua's making the most money in the division, he still doesn't need any fighter in particular to make bank. But now at least a fight with the winner of Wilder/Fury II would be able to generate enough money to make it worth the risk involved.

Joshua missed the boat.
He wanted to be difficult in setting up a fight with Wilder, Tyson steps in and now he is gonna sit the sidelines again.

Champs hand pick opponents, don't want to defend and unify, the sport is a joke because of it.

Mate come on, don’t be naive.

Either of those 2 get offered 40% up and they bite Hearns hand off.

He’s missed fuck all.

Also how can a guy win the majority of the belts then get accused of not wanting to unify.

Last edited:
before this fight i'd call it 50-50, today i'm leaning heavily towards joshua.
I feel like people were saying the same kind of thing after some of AJs fights saying they had less confidence in him. It's easy to pick holes when someone goes 12 rounds but AJ and Fury just don't fight anything like each other so I don't think this is much of an indication.

Anyway I almost always prefer a new match up to an immediate rematch so I'd like to see Wilder and Joshua fight next but I know that won't happen.

I think they could make AJ vs Fury now and it would be huge based everyone knowing who really should have gotten the decision last night. And Wilder couldn't even beat this version of Tyson Fury, so I'm not sure people are very excited to see him against Joshua. And he probably wants no part of a rematch against Fury, knowing full well how that fight is likely to go. I don't know if there's a rematch clause, but if not we may very well see Joshua - Fury next. I wouldn't mind that, although I do think it's a fucking shame that someone like Deontay Wilder is holding a championship belt. It would probably be good for the sport if that belt found a new home soon, so rematch first is still the way to go. That also gives Fury more time to recover from abusing himself and not boxing for a couple of years, something that you are probably not likely to recover quickly from.

Fury won, he should fight Joshua. Then I can quit watching boxing again.

It's been like that for over 20 years. It's never going to change

I'd like to see Fury vs Joshua next. Last night was great but I know who really won and I don't need to see a replay. The question is: will Eddie Hearn want to make that fight? It would have enormous commercial appeal but it's a real risk for AJ. I imagine he'd rather fight Dillian Whyte in April, followed by Usyk in the Fall.

After last night Fury can probably do whatever he wants. A rematch would pay him a pile of cash, of course, but he can make a lot marketing himself as the lineal champ and fighting lesser fighters in the UK.

I'm not sure what Wilder would do if Fury decided to forego a rematch. He still has his title but his marketability took a bit of a hit. A gift draw won't give him any leverage in negotiating with Joshua, and his performance last night may have dulled enthusiasm for that fight.

I don't think either would be willing to fight AJ next.

Fury will be confident of getting the right result in the rematch, as long as he doesn't go off the rails.

Wilder will be the home fighter again in the rematch, and this time Haymon will ensure he has more than one judge in his pocket.

Meanwhile AJ is clearly still the toughest available opponent for either of them. Wilder defensively is too easy to hit. Joshua would seriously hurt him if they fight. Fury would give Joshua the harder fight but he has never been interested in fighting Joshua, and I can't see that fight ever being made.

Rematch.

AJ can rematch Whyte in the meantime.

Win win.

Back