Would you like to see Aldo vs McGregor 2 before Aldo retire?

He was knocked into next week and finished definitively. I would agree with you if the fight ended in a close decision.
Well, JDS knocked Cain into next week and finished him definitively in the first fight and we saw how it played out in the next two fights. I think Conor beats him in a second fight but that first one was a little fluky because Aldo got emotional as fuck.

Aldo has always had great boxing. Especially head movement. Watch his WEC fights. He just rushed in at Conor coz he was frustrated. We need that rematch.
I'm not saying he doesn't, he's just at a size disadvantage against Max and Conor. Aldo doesn't really employ his grappling anymore, and in a pure striking match those men are simply superior. Just think about it like in Boxing, when two greats fight, the bigger guy usually wins. Aldo doesn't have anything particularly different or sneaky striking wise. He's technically adept, explosive, and powerful; however the man is textbook. Textbook can be exploited by more adept strikers. And in Aldo's case, has.

Jose Aldo was one of the most disrespected champs of all time.

- Champion for 6 years
- Most featherweight title defense in UFC history
- Did not get an instant rematch

Champs like Cody Garbrandt who never had a successful title defense received an instant rematch, Aldo was never even discussed for an instant rematch with Conor.
wtf are you talking about? Aldo got an immediate shot at the interim belt, then was gifted the FW belt, then was given and immediate rematch after Max destroyed him.

wtf are you talking about? Aldo got an immediate shot at the interim belt, then was gifted the FW belt, then was given and immediate rematch after Max destroyed him.

Take a moment and re-read what I said.

“Instant rematch with Conor”

Take a moment and re-read what I said.

“Instant rematch with Conor”
I know you were talking about Conor, but he was stripped so your point is moot. Also, he had his chance when RDA pulled out and he turned it down, yet again, your point is moot. All you got is excuses, you're probably brazillian so IS normal.

I know you were talking about Conor, but he was stripped so your point is moot. Also, he had his chance when RDA pulled out and he turned it down, yet again, your point is moot. All you got is excuses, you're probably brazillian so IS normal.

You must haven eaten paint chips as a kid.

I don’t think Aldo really wants to fight him again imo

Eh, honestly no.

I wanted to see it after the first fight but after seeing how Holloway tooled him twice on the feet, I think a McGregor rematch is a bad move for him

Not really. Seems like they’ve both made peace with each other.

I'm a life long fan of Aldo. And his title run was legendary. But I'm nervous about him fighting anymore.

When he beat Stephens he didn't even believe in himself anymore. The man's a legend, and I just want him to retire before he pulls a Shamrock and ends up looking like a joke at the end of his career. Either way always pulling for and supporting him in whatever he decides.

Jose Aldo was one of the most disrespected champs of all time.

- Champion for 6 years
- Most featherweight title defense in UFC history
- Did not get an instant rematch

Champs like Cody Garbrandt who never had a successful title defense received an instant rematch, Aldo was never even discussed for an instant rematch with Conor.
Cuz conor moved up. Aldo fought for belt bunch of times.

won't happen. connor has 3/4 fights left in him max: khabib, nate/gsp and maybe somehow if he manages to fight floyd again.

Yes please. There are few rematches I'd love to see more than that

I would but Conor sleeps the same Aldo that just starched Stephens. Calculated Aldo beats Conor, I have zero doubt. Anxious/aggressive Aldo sleeps 100% of the time. Conor is just too accurate and powerful on his counters.

If Conor gets embarrassed by Khabib, they might go back to that well to try to bring Conor’s stock back up.

It's not like he starched Stephens he's even older coming off two beatings from Max Conor is younger fresher and in his head I dont see a rematch going any better for Aldo. Aldo 5 years ago could whoop his ass. He doesnt move his feet hes a brawler now. Conor KO's him again.

This is a good fight to make if McGregor loses to Khabib. But if that happens, he'll probably retire.

Back