Would you care if Jones vs. Gustafsson rematch never happened?

Dream20

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Since Gus is fighting Glover very soon I'm guessing the winner will fight DC or Jones.

I think Gus will win. With Jones it's difficult to know what kind of shape he is in.

If it's the old Jones he will most likely win.

But would you be sad is we never get to see Gus/Jones 2?

It was fight of the year if I'm not mistaken.

i would prefer it to happen. it's one of only 3 great fights at 205 right now.

I wouldn't mind seeing the rematch.

Gus gave Jones all he could handle, and that decision could have gone either way.

A lot of the intrigue is gone but I definitely still want to see it.

Yes. I would be pissed if the rematch never happened. The first fight is one of the two greatest UFC LHW title fights of all time.

It would be a shame if they never fought again, there are only so many interesting match ups at 205.

Couldn't give a fuck.

out of curiosity, why wouldn't you want to see a #1 v #3 rematch, after the first one was dead (on 2 of 3 scorecards) going into the 5th?

especially considering the huge gap in talent after 3 fighters (assuming Gus beats Texiera)? i mean, if Jones beats DC, who DO you want to see him fight?!?

Last edited:
Meh I don't think Jones comes back the same and Gus looked like shit in his last fight.

Well, it is up to Gus for it to happen, I think there is a good chance he gets KO'd by Glover and if that happens then the rematch might never happen, unfortunately.

Yes. I wish Johnson vs Jones happened also.

I don't really see it happening, but would I watch it if it were to go down?

giphy.gif

as a jons fan, i would love a rematch the shut up the haters. its the only ammo they have unless theyre trying to attack his personal life
<JonesDXSuckIt>

I think any fight fan would and should appreciate this fight.

Even tgough Gus has lost pretty much all of his luster after that loss to Jones.

I think Jones should have fought Gus for his return and champion contender

out of curiosity, why wouldn't you want to see a #1 v #3 rematch, after the first one was dead (on 2 of 3 scorecards) going into the 5th?

especially considering the huge gap in talent after 3 fighters (assuming Gus beats Texiera)? i mean, if Jones beats DC, who DO you want to see him fight?!?

The Killer Machine Jimi Manuwa

<DrakeLaugh>

Yes. Gus won that fight IMO, but i don´t think he can repeat that performance. That was a perfect fight exibition. Todau Gus, won´t do that to a more mature Jones.

205 losing Rumble killed my interest in the division honestly.

Last edited:
Back