Would the world be a better place if there was a significant decrease in population?

Reminder...
CK6aONG.jpg

Get out of the cities. That's where much of our problems are.

Have to kind of agree with rip here... the world isn't over populated its just the cities. If you go by landmass, the world is pretty underpopulated by humans.

Problem is the cities are where all the jobs are. Maybe in the future when telecommuting becomes a norm that will change, but for now there's not much we can do.

yes, it would inherently reduce the income gap as there'd be less of the poorer echelons to support

People living longer while not having much in the way of a retirement system is arguably the worst thing to ever happen to our society financially

nobody lives by me in the Mojave Desert....we got tons of space cheap land. I have a 3 bdrm, 2 bath house for less than 7 hundo a month for instance

Trust me, there's a reason why haha

Population reduction would be the fastest way to control climate change.

Inconcievable Mr Te. You are the last flesh i would imagine to subscribe to such nihilsitic thoughts.

In 50 years when we feel the full wrath of the automation age in North America and Europe, dramatic depopulation might just be the only practical solution. Somehow, rekindling a new age renaissance to keep people occupied doesnt seem all that feasible.

Of course it would, but how to do it? That is the question.

Most of the world is just breeding like rabbits, but nobody says how we should reduce it. We stopped breeding so much in the west, but everyone else is practically having a ball just creating more useless folk.

Of course it would, but how to do it? That is the question.

Most of the world is just breeding like rabbits, but nobody says how we should reduce it. We stopped breeding so much in the west, but everyone else is practically having a ball just creating more useless folk.

How about... a flood?

Of course it would be better. Talk to an old fisherman, its way out of hand with all these people eating everything in their path. It wouldn't take much either. Just a start carpet bombing over populated countries with condems and birth control.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back