Would it be morally wrong? Immigration question

brody_in_ga

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Hi all,

Would you guys consider it morally wrong to suspend all immigration? It seems that we have plenty of people from all walks of life. Wouldn't it be sensible to close the borders and focus our resources on fixing the multitude of problems we face?

Thanks!

Hi all,

Would you guys consider it morally wrong to suspend all immigration? It seems that we have plenty of people from all walks of life. Wouldn't it be sensible to close the borders and focus our resources on fixing the multitude of problems we face?

Thanks!

Do you consider legal immigration to be a problem? I don't see why we can't focus our resources on fixing the multitude of problems we face while allowing people to come here. What do you think?

I'll hang up and listen.

Hi all,

Thanks!

No. legal immigration is vital. Imo.

I do not think it would be wrong 'morally' I think it would be bad financially.

My gf is an immigrant between statuses at the moment.

Fun fact, all the illegal immigrants she knows(she works in the restaurant industry) commit social security fraud. She doesn't cause she's super close to getting her papers and it's not worth the risk.

Also the ticket on marrying an illegal immigrant so they can become a citizen is 20k. Who wudda guessed?

As a legal immigrant, I'd say please keep LEGAL practices in place.

As far as ILLEGAL immigration... I never understood the argument. Do you guys see the first word? Lol.

That's not to say I do not have empathy/compassion for those people trying to find a better life (I'd probably do the same given worse circumstances)... Amnesty for those who are are here (provided they are upstanding citizens). Deportation should be saved for violent offenders or repeated infiltrations (whatever you want to call it).

Illegal immigrants getting rights and treated like citizens just doesn't make any kind of sense and there's no argument for it. Voting them into office (California...) is about as crazy as it gets. What's the point in being a citizen at all?

I swear, we need mandatory military service, 2 yrs. Would shape this fucking country right the fuck up, if implemented correctly.

The snowflake Millennials would probably desert/flee just from THAT (much less a war) lol.

How about economically wrong?

Working age population growth in the US has slowed dramatically since WW2 - we NEED immigrants to help drive our labor force.

Morally, I don't believe in affirmative action, so, best man for the job it is.

It wouldn't be immoral but it would be a bad idea if we want to remain the dominant nation in the world. We overwhelmingly benefit from the international brain drain both as a boon to us and a detriment to other nations.

For the most part, legal immigration is a good thing. The bad part is bringing in the 3rd world savages who don't contribute to society.

No, it is not morally wrong.

Last edited:
No, it is not morally wrong. In fact, it is morally wrong not to suspend all immigration.

Our forefathers fought for their independence from the rest of the world so that they and their children could live in peace, in a nation which reflected their own values and traditions. They anticipated that their great, great, great, great, great, great grandchildren, and their descendants in perpetuity, would inherit this country, and that they would be guaranteed rights to life, liberty, and pursuit of private property so long as they found themselves within its borders. They anticipated that population growth would derive predominantly from their own families, and the families of their civic-minded countrymen, and not from foreign journeymen seeking wealth. They designed the government so that it would reflect the will of citizens, and so that power could not be easily usurped by opportunistic outsiders. Indeed, this may be said of almost every nation on Earth. Loyalty to one's own, to the exclusion of others, is the essence of nationhood.

Nevertheless, our government (speaking specifically of the USA) had one fatal flaw: it did not clearly outlaw birthright citizenship for immigrants merely present on our soil. Over time, it allowed populations with zero appreciation for this country's freedoms, and zero affinity for its founders, to propagate and congregate in large masses. These groups now wield political power, though they have little historical connection to the country itself. Naturally, as minorities, they are aggrieved. Because their ancestors did not build this country, they perceive this country's history as that of "dead white men." Thus, our history, customs, traditions, holidays, etc. – all of it is easily discarded, as it is utterly meaningless to them. Because their ancestors fled, rather than fought for their homelands, they perceive firearms and offensive speech as inherently evil, rather than as deterrents against evil. Because their ancestors came here expecting personal wealth, they value their citizenship only so far as it guarantees them personal wealth. For many, their concept of government is purely transactional: "what can the government give me?" In this regard, their relationship to government is akin to that of a child seeking an allowance. If they receive no allowance, they will throw a tantrum. They will never feel at home in this country, no matter how many time-honored institutions they destroy. They will always perceive persecution from the majority, even as their own numbers grow, and as the majority shrinks to a mere plurality.

In short, we will never be united. By leaving open the floodgates of the third-world, we have doomed our descendants to fight yet another bloody war for independence. There is definitely something "morally wrong" with that.

Very well said.

My gf is an immigrant between statuses at the moment.

Fun fact, all the illegal immigrants she knows(she works in the restaurant industry) commit social security fraud. She doesn't cause she's super close to getting her papers and it's not worth the risk.

Also the ticket on marrying an illegal immigrant so they can become a citizen is 20k. Who wudda guessed?

Honestly most of those illegals are paying into a system they most likely will never benefit from (Social Security).

Not trying to support that just wanted clarify that they aren't benefiting from the SS program. But they are benefiting from employment in the US.

It has nothing to do with morals

Last edited:
Hi all,

Thanks!

No, because we objectively don't have "plenty of people." In reality, our population is like most very top-heavy in age demographics and we have a worker shortage and a coming social security crisis.

If that weren't the case, it would not be morally wrong to freeze routine immigration, but it would be morally wrong to reject asylees, refugees, and immigration based on pressing humanitarian concerns.

Not american. but no

´´morals´´ are always decided by whoever is in power to move people to there way most time. catholic church did this and so has everyone. ¨´óh it not moral´´´´. Please people in west slaughter many sentinent beings (animals who feel pain and want to live) yet consider it ímmoral´to eat a dog which are the same thing to the chinese or koreans.

the only thing people throughout history seem to agree on is do not rape kids, or rape (except in war) then that get justified or excused. In 100 years Americans if USA exist will have ´different´morals just like did 200 years ago! but the rest like genocide always justified so is whatever else!

No, it is not morally wrong. In fact, it is morally wrong not to suspend all immigration.

Our forefathers fought for their independence from the rest of the world so that they and their children could live in peace, in a nation which reflected their own values and traditions. They anticipated that their great, great, great, great, great, great grandchildren, and their descendants in perpetuity, would inherit this country, and that they would be guaranteed rights to life, liberty, and pursuit of private property so long as they found themselves within its borders. They anticipated that population growth would derive predominantly from their own families, and the families of their civic-minded countrymen, and not from foreign journeymen seeking wealth. They designed the government so that it would reflect the will of citizens, and so that power could not be easily usurped by opportunistic outsiders. Indeed, this may be said of almost every nation on Earth. Loyalty to one's own, to the exclusion of others, is the essence of nationhood.

Nevertheless, our government (speaking specifically of the USA) had one fatal flaw: it did not clearly outlaw birthright citizenship for immigrants merely present on our soil. Over time, it allowed populations with zero appreciation for this country's freedoms, and zero affinity for its founders, to propagate and congregate in large masses. These groups now wield political power, though they have little historical connection to the country itself. Naturally, as minorities, they are aggrieved. Because their ancestors did not build this country, they perceive this country's history as that of "dead white men." Thus, our history, customs, traditions, holidays, etc. – all of it is easily discarded, as it is utterly meaningless to them. Because their ancestors fled, rather than fought for their homelands, they perceive firearms and offensive speech as inherently evil, rather than as deterrents against evil. Because their ancestors came here expecting personal wealth, they value their citizenship only so far as it guarantees them personal wealth. For many, their concept of government is purely transactional: "what can the government give me?" In this regard, their relationship to government is akin to that of a child seeking an allowance. If they receive no allowance, they will throw a tantrum. They will never feel at home in this country, no matter how many time-honored institutions they destroy. They will always perceive persecution from the majority, even as their own numbers grow, and as the majority shrinks to a mere plurality.

In short, we will never be united. By leaving open the floodgates of the third-world, we have doomed our descendants to fight yet another bloody war for independence. There is definitely something "morally wrong" with that.

JFC, you're a fucking dip shit. Do you realize how ludicrously few US citizens are descendants of the Founding Fathers? Hell, all of English Americans make up only 7% of the entire US population. Yet you are arbitrarily imputing some moronic patriotism and quasi-traditionalism to millions of German, Irish, French, and Italian American communities because....well, because you're a dip shit.

The level of simultaneous historical ignorance, delusions of philosophical grandeur, and revisionist white anxiety in this post is staggering. You have absolutely no concept of the illusory historical artifact of government in this country and how generations of Americans viewed and revered (or failed to revere) it.

Also, LOL @ thinking the US government arbitrarily or philanthropically opened itself to immigrants: the entirety of US immigration law has bee historically based in economic utility. And it worked: the United States became the most productive economy in world history during the 20th century.

For real, this is probably the most pathetic, vitriolic, and discernibly Hitler-esque post I have seen here. And I do not believe I have ever compared a poster to Hitler before.

For all the rhetorical respect for the country's past, anti-immigration reactionaries sure don't seem to buy into the fact that our immigration regime was meticulously crafted to maintain certain important population traits and economic indicators. Of all US statutory regimes, immigration is by far the most detailed and finely tuned, having been the subject of millions of hours of congressional tuning over centuries, and yet certain citizens feel fully qualified to say "fuck it, let's just flip over the entire board."

Not sure it's immoral, but it's neither smart nor warranted.

Based on....?

workingagecomparison.png

immigration1.png

BN-NP433_PARTIC_J_20160418125008.jpg

No it would not be morally wrong. The guy in the video below believes the United States of America should suspend all immigration for a few years.

Last edited:
Back