Would Fedor have beaten Bigfoot?

Fedor spent his career as a natural featherweight that never trained, lifted weights, and ate nothing but ice cream. He fell out of his prime when he was 17 years old. Big foot only won because he was engineered in a lab from birth to be an A level athlete with 700lbs of solid muscle.

That's not what happened. I'm not sure why that's how so many people remember it.

Fedor won the first. Silva got him in a really bad spot and pounded the hell out of him for most of the second...

BUT, not only did Fedor survive. He escaped on his own, and had a (slightly) advantageous position over Silva when the round ended.

It's not like he was saved by the bell. If Fedor avoids ending up underneath Silva, he wins handily. And that's not at all a moonshot.

It just happened that in this fight, in the second round, Silva did manage to get top position on Fedor and, although he didn't finish the fight, he caused enough damage that the fight was stopped (and rightly so) by the ringside doctor.
I just rewatched the fight to check if I was remembering things correctly and I have to concede to your point that Fedor won the first round. I had not remembered Fedor's good moments and that's bad on my part.

However, that second round was utter destruction by Bigfoot. He took Fedor down immediately and Fedor was in survival mode for the entirety of the round, save for the last few seconds where Bigfoot went for the submission and Fedor skillfully gained advantageous position himself. But before then, Bigfoot was Donkey Konging him and Fedor (who obviously showed tremendous heart) was desperately giving up his back to avoid it.

The first round was way closer than I remember, but after the second round, I'm not any more convinced that Fedor would have won. The chances were higher of Bigfoot taking him down again and doing the same thing to him.

I say this as someone who was rooting for Fedor too. That fight wasn't fun for me to watch.

i dunno man he was getting shredded and big foot must have shot up before fight

Fedor spent his career as a natural featherweight that never trained, lifted weights, and ate nothing but ice cream. He fell out of his prime when he was 17 years old. Big foot only won because he was engineered in a lab from birth to be an A level athlete with 700lbs of solid muscle.
This. Fedor GOAT.

I was there in the 11th row for that fight surround by Russian "businessmen". That was a tense scary moment.

I think it would have been a rough third round for a beaten and one-eyed Fedor.

I love Fedor so I'm biased. But I wanted to see a third round. If Fedor would of gotten taken down again he wasnt getting up, again. But until he was actually put back on his back I thought he had a shot. I'll leave it at that.

I love Fedor so I'm biased. But I wanted to see a third round. If Fedor would of gotten taken down again he wasnt getting up, again. But until he was actually put back on his back I thought he had a shot. I'll leave it at that.
The GOAT was willing to keep going. They should have fucking let him keep going. 80% chance he would have lost but there is always a chance he can pull a KO punch out of his ass. Bigfoot was gassed out of his fucking mind. Fedor was actually the fresher fighter, that's the crazy thing. If it wasn't for the doctors...

Bigfoot looked gassed after that round. Fedor could have won the 3 round and the fight. I remember 2 or 3 judges scored the first round for Fedor.

Big foot was not on TRT dipshit. This is a myth. The only fight Bigfoot had a TRT TUE for is the first Mark Hunt fight. He also had blood testing leading up to that fight. It was one of Fedor's stipulations that Fedor had for entering that GP.

Whether or not he was sneaking some Pride Vitamins on the side is highly debatable, but he didn't have a TRT exemption.

There comes the eyetest douchey.
He looked completely different than now when he stopped injecting that T in his ass.
He now gets KOed by every little gust of the wind.
Fedor will melt him if they fight now.

There comes the eyetest douchey.
He looked completely different than now when he stopped injecting that T in his ass.
He now gets KOed by every little gust of the wind.
Fedor will melt him if they fight now.

I'm not trying to say the Bigfoot wasn't on anything, but there is a difference between Doctor prescribed TRT and Steroids. Bigfoot was not on prescribed TRT when he fought Fedor that's all I was referring too.

After Bigfoot wrecked Fedor he went on to lose his next two fights to Cormier and Cain, so even when juiced up he wasn't some unbeatable HW. IMO he has a good excuse to take Testosterone. He has Acromegaly and has had two procedures to scrape growths off of his pituitary gland. After people with this condition have this surgery their body stops producing any significant levels of testosterone.

I'm not trying to say the Bigfoot wasn't on anything, but there is a difference between Doctor prescribed TRT and Steroids. Bigfoot was not on prescribed TRT when he fought Fedor that's all I was referring too.

After Bigfoot wrecked Fedor he went on to lose his next two fights to Cormier and Cain, so even when juiced up he wasn't some unbeatable HW. IMO he has a good excuse to take Testosterone. He has Acromegaly and has had two procedures to scrape growths off of his pituitary gland. After people with this condition have this surgery their body stops producing any significant levels of testosterone.

He didn't wreck Fedor. He had a dominant 2nd round. That's all. The fight was called off due to medical disapproval.
We don't know how a 3rd hypothentical round would have gone, even more knowing Fedor's history of unbeliavable comebacks.

He didn't wreck Fedor. He had a dominant 2nd round. That's all. The fight was called off due to medical disapproval.
We don't know how a 3rd hypothentical round would have gone, even more knowing Fedor's history of unbeliavable comebacks.

Lol... Whatever you say.

Who knows. He was no longer the Fedor of old which was visible in his physique. Even the way Hendo was able to take his back after Fedor was on top, he lost a few steps.

You want to walk with the blind man go right ahead but eyes are wide fucking open and Fedor got shredded 10-7 In that 2nd round.

No chance in hell. He was done.

Also this doesn't belong in the UFC section

He was getting smashed. The fight would have eventually got stopped by the ref.

Back