Would Fedor have beaten Bigfoot?

BigFoot was on TRT, but yeah.. Fedor's definitely the master of comebacks!!
Big foot was not on TRT dipshit. This is a myth. The only fight Bigfoot had a TRT TUE for is the first Mark Hunt fight. He also had blood testing leading up to that fight. It was one of Fedor's stipulations that Fedor had for entering that GP.

Whether or not he was sneaking some Pride Vitamins on the side is highly debatable, but he didn't have a TRT exemption.

Last edited:
Not at the time he wouldn't have won even if he was able to continue. Now with Bigfoot having one of the most sensitive chins in the business I'd say he could probably pull it off today

Possibly.

I also think Fedor would have beaten Werdum if the ref didn't see his tap and he's forced to go to sleep, wake up and fight again. Matt Hughes got KOed by himself in one fight and woke up. If Hughes can do it so can Fedor.

I don't care for your tone here Bolanos

Fedor is known for his heroic comebacks. I believe he would have comeback and beaten Bigfoot had the fight been allowed to continue.

I think Fedor would beat both Bigfoot and Maldonado if they rematched today.

I kinda think Fedor would have been the smart money pick to win the third round, which would have given him the fight. But it was a fair stoppage. His eye was entirely shut.

They should book the match after Bigfoot finishes his UFC contract of fighting the Black Beast, Francais Ngannou, and Rothwell.

Still I think it would be too early but in the meantime if BF finishes his UFC contract, let him fight Mitroine and Kharitonov before fighting Fedor

He definitely would have beaten Bigfoot had Bigfoot been tied to the cage by his hands and feet for the third round. That much I do know

There is a decent chance he could. Fedor's eye was fucked up but he was willing to keep going and Bigfoot was gassed as shit. I really really wanted to see that third round.

Not in that fight. Bigfoot sliced through him like warm butter.

That's not what happened. I'm not sure why that's how so many people remember it.

Fedor won the first. Silva got him in a really bad spot and pounded the hell out of him for most of the second...

BUT, not only did Fedor survive. He escaped on his own, and had a (slightly) advantageous position over Silva when the round ended.

It's not like he was saved by the bell. If Fedor avoids ending up underneath Silva, he wins handily. And that's not at all a moonshot.

It just happened that in this fight, in the second round, Silva did manage to get top position on Fedor and, although he didn't finish the fight, he caused enough damage that the fight was stopped (and rightly so) by the ringside doctor.

I believe Bigfoot would have continued beating the living shit out of him

This, and I am a Fedor fan. When you combine Fedor's never learning to shrimp, along with the fact that by that time, he was not lifting, doing stupid shit like fasting for religious reasons during training camps, not studying opponents and game-planning and instead leaving it up to God's will, well, evidently God was reminding him about helping those who help themselves.

Had Fedor not had his head up his ass for two years, then yeah, he would have been the shit out of Bigfoot, but when you are out of shape, have no plan and just rely on your blitz with someone who has you by 60 lbs. of muscle, you get the beating you deserve.

People are always so sure they know how things will work out on here. Fighters lose sometimes, even very good ones. It's mma.

not in a cage. Fedor beats all his SF loses in a ring.

A 300 lbs chemically boosted Bigfoot in full mount is not that easy to deal with...

Yes. Bigfoot was gassed. Fedor gas tank is god tier.

No, Fedor was done. It was hard watching a legend fall to a fighter the level of Bigfoot. Fedor should've fought at 205 when he was at Strikeforce. Around that time is when I like to think that the heavyweight division in MMA changed. Fighters got bigger and more athletic than in the past. Look at the guys today. Size wise Fedor couldnt hang with the top 3 in the UFC. Shit, Now even at LHW he cant hang. Fedor's legacy will forever be in question and doubt for never fighting in the UFC. At least in America

fedor1.jpg

But he didnt quit and he wanted to continue. Plus he showed he could have won if he had played it a little diferently ... no excuses tho , cause we all saw that he lost cause he rushed Werdum and even his coaches said this before his fight vs Bigfoot .. still he rushed ... he lost all his fights, including Maldonado , cause he rushed. But in all of his looses one can clearly see that he had the capability of winning. And thats enough for me.

Back