Would a prime Rich Franklin be a top ten MW today?

Top 25 probably

Top 10 most likely. Def not cracking the top 3, but he could upset guys. People forget how well rounded Rich was, not to mention pretty huge.

Absolutely, he was an incredibly well rounded fighter back then let alone today.

You are pretty naive to think that Rich or ANY of the UFC Champs pre-USADA weren't "Juicing". But whatever delusions help you make it through the day :)
All I can tell you is I trained with Rich the summer before the first Anderson fight and I saw nothing to make me think he was juicing. He was recovering from hand surgery after The Crow fight so maybe he changed up due to that, but that summer was the only time I trained with him so I have no reference to compare to. I won't address your delusions comment. Whatever.

Without a doubt a top 10. Most guys here don't remember or weren't into the sport when he was, at the time, rated the top middleweight in the world for good reason. Only Silva really beat him in his prime, otherwise only lost close decisions to Hendo and Forrest, and got finished by roided up Vitor. Had Silva not been around, Rich could have easily put 6-7 title defenses under his belt and been called MW GOAT.

He was one of the most well rounded fighters we'd ever seen, great cardio, good boxing/kicks, knockout power, good wrestling, very good top game, and a decent chin. I think he was a better version of Rockhold, with a higher fight IQ. At one point he was like 24-1, and all were finishes. That is impressive.

Also to come back after the beating he got from Silva took some guts. After that fight he went against Jason Macdonald who was a hot prospect on a good win streak. Rich beat the holy shit out of him. Same as Okami, was on a 4-5 win streak, the next big contender, and Rich outworked him pretty handily.

If you think that rich franklin wont beat someone like elias theodorou you are just crazy.

Back