Would a prime Rich Franklin be a top ten MW today?

nick jacoby

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
37101396_1930807507217634_238392713815261184_n.png

He'd probably KO Salt Rockhold

But damn I didn't realise how black Israel Adesanya actually is... :eek:
Luke is a much better version of Rich

he'd be top 10

Top 10... sure. Plus no Anderson...

I'd think he'd KO Salt Rockhold

And if you thinking about making jokes about number 9 and his lack of picture don't. I already tried it.

Honestly I can't see him beating many of those guys.. Perhaps Derek Brunson and David Branch.

No way he doesn't beat at least Tavares. At 185, Franklin has only lost to Anderson and to Cung Le at the very end of his career.

As long as he stays away from Anderson, absolutely.

I can picture prime Franklin beating everyone. He's a bigger version of Whittaker.

he'd be top 10
Disrespectful. Franklin has a chin and much better boxing. I'll give the ground game and kicks to Luke. Prime Franklin though would box Luke's head off.

Last edited:
Ace was a beast, he'd be 6-10 imo...

Rich seemed to struggle mainly against accurate powerful southpaw strikers while fighting at MW. I think a prime version of him would survive in the current top 10 but likely would not dominate any of them and probably would not be a big favorite over anyone aside from Tavares and maybe Brunson and Israel but I could see both those guys also giving Rich problems.

Rich would be champion in Today's division

Whittaker would bow down to the greatness of ACE.

Fighters like Prime Wand and Prime Chuck have nightmares about this guy

he'd be top 10
They don't fight anything alike besides they are both big for weight class and like to kick.

Prime Rich was a hell of a striker and pursuer of the finish. Good power and footwork. Great Cardio. Decent wrestling and ground game. More durable than people give him credit for.

Definitely top 10, maybe top 5 - He could out hustle a lot of current guys.

I can see him beating Brunson, Branch, and Tavares. So maybe somewhere 5-10.

Prime Rich Franklin would be a Top Ten MW... But he'd never make it past USADA...

if guys like tavares is top 10 than rich def could be

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back