Worst ref in mma history

Should one of his corner jumped the fence to stop the fight?

• Total voters
because, as horrible and long as it probably was in live, the twitter video is SLOWED EXTREMELY. Not that it takes away the obviously shit reffing. but it probably was a 15-30 second choke, not a 2 minute + choke like the video seems to imply.

Yeah that was bad but that video has been really slowed down...maybe 1/4 ..1/8 normal time

I'm not sure about that gents, it looked pretty real-time to me?

I'm not sure about that gents, it looked pretty real-time to me?
I think they're confusing the fucked up audio as and indication that the video is slowed. If you watch the movements it is in real time though.

Ref should be jailed.

Corner should have jumped in.

And fighter is a pussy moron too. You know it's over then let go. If they see an unconscious fighter they will know you won...

Ref should be jailed.

Corner should have jumped in.

And fighter is a pussy moron too. You know it's over then let go. If they see an unconscious fighter they will know you won...
Well...

Its possible the ref did not think that the choke was locked in. You can still see him moving so let’s not all blame the ref here. Everyone makes mistakes. Get over it. He’s still alive

Its possible the ref did not think that the choke was locked in. You can still see him moving so let’s not all blame the ref here. Everyone makes mistakes. Get over it. He’s still alive
Usually a ref will do something to check if the fighter is unconscious beyond just look at them. Like see if they are responsive to touch. Grab a hand, see if theirs resistance, or if it just flops/reacts unnaturally. This ref just watched and waited. And it was pretty clear even by just looking that he wasn't conscious. I understand cutting ref's slack, as it is definitely a tough job, but in this case, the ref simply did poorly at his job. A potentially very important job.

As other have mentioned, I also lay some blame on his opponent. He didn't have to keep the choke applied. He could have shoved him away and got to his feet and still secured the win.

yeah like it has been said, everyone is wrong. the ref is horrendous, the fighter could have realized he was out and told the ref or something, but most importantly, you're the corner you should care about your fighter. throw the towel (not allowed, right), jump in the fucking cage and stop the fight by DQ

Tell the fighter who's potentially brain damaged for life to get over it. What an idiot you are. Everyone did wrong here; his opponent, the retard corner and obviously the evil referee

Tell the fighter who's potentially brain damaged for life to get over it. What an idiot you are. Everyone did wrong here; his opponent, the retard corner and obviously the evil referee
How about you get in there and do the refs job. Can you imagine how much pressure referees are under in these situations? Easier than it looks. It’s not like this guy is dead or anything. Everybody needs to stop overreacting it’s MMA. Shit like this is a part of the sport

yeah seen this one before too, seriously people this dumb would be better off executed. Also the fighter should have just got up and walked away like Mark Hunt, he should have known better as to throw another punch on an already unconscious person.

Ref is an idiot and should be used in the UFC from now on.

If it's true that he was having 'seizures' (which causes the muscles to spasm/move), then it would seem to the other fighter that he was still fighting back. The ref is to blame.
But here's a nice take home message to everyone around bashing the fighters for "tapping early".

The fighter was just as much of a retard for not letting go knowing he was out.

yeah like it has been said, everyone is wrong. the ref is horrendous, the fighter could have realized he was out and told the ref or something, but most importantly, you're the corner you should care about your fighter. throw the towel (not allowed, right), jump in the fucking cage and stop the fight by DQ
Throwing the towel used to be a foul for which the penalty was disqualification, yielding the desired result in an assbackwards way.

I believe that has been addressed in recent rule changes and throwing the towel is considered to be asking the ref to stop the fight*

* (though it still may be the refs choice, maybe someone knows for sure, it is 5:16am, I'm going back to bed...)

Why do all messed up situations like this have distorted audio? Makes them seem sinister in nature. Creepy shit when you think about it.

Didn't think I would see something to top this this but here we are .

Back