Worst month ever for a UFC fighter: starts as champ, ends up choked and KOed by 2 WW

Kung Fu bb

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Literally it all happened in the same month. Worst month ever for a UFC fighter.

Georges-St-Pierre-def-Michael-Bisping-for-middleweight-title-submission-rear-naked-choke.gif

PopularPerkyHammerkop-size_restricted.gif

He got a 'money fight' he was trying to set up for months...

Essentially got paid BIG two times in one month...

Many no name fighters that got KTFO'd and cut in the same month had it worse, in seriousness.

But you know,

Those two WWs aren't too shabby.

Bisping probably made north of 5 million this month too.

The only thing that can possibly negate the assload of money is being shooped on Sherdog. Too many high level shoops and he might burn the money and have his dad call cyber police like that one girl back in the day

<15>

He was never that good anyway

Well, in other sports when people lose, their fans don´t come saying "yeah but he made x ammount of money in that match". It seems like in the new "Conor era" money is a valid argument for everything.

Hardcore fan: haha, Conor got choked the fuck out
Conor era fan: yeah, but he made 10 million

Hardcore fan: fuck Bisping, got KOed and choked the fuck out
Conor era fan: Who cares, he made 5 million

giphy.gif

Last edited:
I think jon jones has probably got that in the bag for the rest of eternity even though his demises happened outside of the cage

Last edited:
Gastelum is a ranked MW and has not fought at WW for awhile. He had serious trouble making weight and often missed weight and the UFC moved him to MW. GSP is a natural WW and moved up for the fight to compete for a belt. Bisping is 38 and that is old in combat sports. GSP is one of the best ever and Gastelum is a highly ranked contender. Bisping also fought just 3 weeks after his last fight where he was finished and received a medical suspension which was probably a big mistake for an opponent like Gastelum.

It appears that Bisping is highly motivated for pay days now that he is close to the end in terms of fighting. He has taken damage in several recent fights Silva, Hendo, GSP and Gastelum which adds up faster on an older fighter like Chuck Liddell for example. Better to leave combat sports earlier than later. Father Time is a cruel bastard to old people in combat sports. Machida and Belfort of late are not the same. Hendo lost a lot towards the end and was finished several times. Not a Bisping fan, but I appreciate his career and I hope that he gets a suitable opponent next and it's his retirement fight. Hendo and Couture fighting until 46 and 47 was crazy. Impressive, but still crazy.

No way he should have fought Gastelum, but for a payday. He got that, he is setting himself up for a nice post fight life.

Literally it all happened in the same month. Worst month ever for a UFC fighter.

Georges-St-Pierre-def-Michael-Bisping-for-middleweight-title-submission-rear-naked-choke.gif

PopularPerkyHammerkop-size_restricted.gif

bisping just did a huge ppv with gsp and then got paid again a couple weeks later. regadless, he always cashes massive cheques. i'd say a bad month for a ufc fighter is where his opponent pulls out 2 weeks from the bout and his fight gets cancelled, and he gets no show money, having just trained like a fiend and paid for an entire fight camp. then he is financially crippled which affects his next fight and he ends up getting cut. that kinda thing, you know?

then theres the guys who have their legacy taken away just because they took a simple dick pill

No way he should have fought Gastelum, but for a payday. He got that, he is setting himself up for a nice post fight life.

Exactly right - Bisping should have never taken such a risky fight. But, he is at the end of his career and got paid. Hard to argue with his logic.

He should retire, he cannot compete with the top guys at 185.

I work with some casuals. Monday morning at work I asked them if they saw Bisping get KOed. One of them said "No, but good. He's a fucking douche."

This pretty much sums up Bisping.

2 ass kicking ..... 1 month ..... getting millions that month. Not a bad month at all

News just in: ufc to return to China for an event next week.
Mike is good to go.

Gastelum is no welterweight, he used to fight there but seeing how he struggles to make middleweight these days...

I work with some casuals. Monday morning at work I asked them if they saw Bisping get KOed. One of them said "No, but good. He's a fucking douche."

This pretty much sums up Bisping.
About your friend who said that
7ac.jpg

The guy was widely considered gate keeper not so long ago,, and kept that status for years... Why is the level of fail surprising now unless the ones surprised are new to the sport?

Mikey caught lightning in bottle for one fight he luckily stumbled into, add some help with questionable decisions as he had one foot out the door and here we are. He knew that his window was closing fast and wanted to ca$h out in proper fashion, call it karma or just Father Time reminding him its all but over. In retrospect he can look back and be proud of what he’s accomplished for the past dozen years in a brutal and unforgiving sport. That being said he now needs to focus on the next chapter of his life, his health and family. If he does decide to take one more fight he needs to cherry pick more than ever to avoid being concussed one last time, big boys make decisions that bogel the minds of us normal folks looking in, but I’m sure at some point the financials of the Gastelum fight will surface and it was a calculated move that went south. One thing we should have learned long ago is while brash and polarizing, Mr. Bisping is far from the usual uneducated brute MMA fighter, he’s articulate and has great options for life after fighting. He will be fine once he leaves the gloves in the cage and hopefully does that sooner than later.... I’m not a fan of his but wish him luck and good health moving forward.

Back