Worst champ in UFC history with minimum 1 title defence?

Definitely shitty. A win is a win. Beating tough competition is impressive even if it's not dominant.
Lots of these posters have never even been off of their couch, never mind putting in work at a gym.
Saying Lawler is the worst because of decision wins in the UFC says all you need to know about the posters opinion.

Kevin Randleman is my pick. Even though not getting KO'd by Hizzo is impressive back then.

Came to post this. Lesnars has the lowest skill level of any male or female champ. His fights are sad but he is a brute so he gets away with being low skilled

he isnt well rounded, but i wouldnt say hes low skilled.

Sylvia or Bendo.
Bisping didn´t have an illustrious championship ride, but his record is impressive.

I say Woodley...just because his defenses have been the most boring stuff i have watched in a long time

Yup, imagine him and Hendricks in a fight. Hendricks would have his head stuck between Woodley's legs against the fence and both would be perfectly happy to stay like that for 5 rounds and they would both think they won convincingly.

Wait, didn’t he win it from GSP then defend and lose his belt? He unsuccessfully defended it against GSP

A defense is considered winning a fight while already being champion, not just fighting as champion.

Tim Sylvia's name has to come up in that conversation for damn sure

Came to post this. Lesnars has the lowest skill level of any male or female champ. His fights are sad but he is a brute so he gets away with being low skilled

My pick was also Brock, but I think saying he's the lowest skill level is a bit harsh. He just wasn't well rounded and benefited from favorable matchups, plus he was lucky that going fetal against Carwin ended up being a viable strategy.

I like the minimum 1 defense qualifier. Makes the question much harder. I don't think Robbie is a terrible answer honestly. Did big rig defend?

Lets see who all actually read the OP. Disqualifying Bisping because he will be the obvious pick for a lot of guys.
Bisping.

I disqualify your criteria for disqualification. (If you know many people will pick him, then it is because he was indeed the worst champion ever).

Second one was Lesnar.

Couldnt even remember her name(had to google Holly Holm fights)

098_Germaine_de_Randamie.0.0.jpg
real champ

HW - Maurice Smith
LHW - hard to say between Chuck, Machida, Rampage, Shamrock, Jon, DC and Tito.
MW - Bustamante
WW - Miletich
LW - also, very hard to say... probably Sherk, stripped for steroids
FW - none, only Max and Aldo, both are top fighters
BW - none
FLW - there can only be MM

From all these, probably HW Maurice Smith.

Why?
(just curious, not a fan)
Sherk hands down. 5 UFC wins, all decisions.

Back