Woogie's MT and maybe lifting log take 2

well that is my style

Then let's trade? You can have my amateur fighter tags, i can have your modship.

...Didn't you just say that fighter tags are pretty much worthless? ;)

i could have had am tags if i wanted them, remember

actually some guys keep their screen names too it seems

I'll check into it

The guys who kept their names got in before the rule was made for Fighters to use their names (which sprung up because of credibility and impersonation issues). No name, no tag. One doesn't get the benefit of attention-grabbing tags and anonymity at the same time.

Trained tonight.

4x2 minute rounds of bagwork. Focusing on speed.

3 rounds hand sparring, working speed and defense, I love my uppercut and fake cross into a hook to the body combo.

3 rounds sparring, light kicks. Worked my uppercuts again when I had the pressure put on me, and worked my push kick and tried to make it quick.

2 more rounds hand sparring. this guy had real fast hands, I had to start cutting angles, worked the body more.

I need to work on my handspeed and defense.

When I throw that fake cross, then hook to the body, I want to start finishing with a hook to the head.

When I throw that fake cross, then hook to the body, I want to start finishing with a hook to the head.

I don;t know if this is something that's good or bad (as far as a habit) but I found when I started to do this I would be more succesful with the LH to the head if I grab the dudes head with my right first. Kinda "Dirty Boxin'" style.

Keep in mind I really like the clinch and have shitty, shitty (hands only) boxing.

I don;t know if this is something that's good or bad (as far as a habit) but I found when I started to do this I would be more succesful with the LH to the head if I grab the dudes head with my right first. Kinda "Dirty Boxin'" style.

Keep in mind I really like the clinch and have shitty, shitty (hands only) boxing.

Hmmm...I don't know, if I did that I think my first instinct would be to bomb a knee, but maybe the hook would catch him off guard cause he would be expecting the knee.

Ya, in sparring we use the knees pretty sparingly due to too many injuries, and this is during the "hands only" part of sparring.

Like I said, I don't know if it's a good habit to even get into, I just thought I'd mention it.

Only thing is, a lot of the power on the hook is generated as you rip your rear hand clockwise to really exaggerate the hip/torso twist that starts as you shift the weight from front to back and pivot hard on the front toe. Does holding the head interfere with your rotation at all, Dan?

Actually yea, I would think it would. I'll save the clinching for knees. I wouldn't want to grab someone's head then get killed with a knee while I go for a hook.

Back