Woodley vs Diaz might be the worst idea I have ever heard.

T-Wood is terrified of Colby. Amazing duck

Sooooooo....let me just wrap my mind around this.

Nate Diaz who
(1) is a journeyman whose never beaten a great fighter other than Conor ( depending on your opinion of Conor as a fighter)
(2) hasn't competed at 170 in 6 years ( against an actual WW)
(3) who's last appearance at 170 was getting fucking rag dolled by Rory and Dong, with Rory in particular throwing him around like a small child......

and the UFC thinks its a good idea to put him in there with a wrestler at 170 who is just gonna ragdoll him and coast to a boring UD?

And lol at anyone who thinks Nate is a star. I mean seriously. He has never been a draw in his life. Conor literally can draw a million buys fighting a lamp. Those numbers had little to do with Nate.

Easily the most ludicrous idea I have ever since the Stipe-Maldonado fight.
Say what you want about Nate not being a star but the fact is, Nate vs Conor is the only time Conor fought someone and the crowd was split. Half of the people were there for Nate. Nate is the only time where Conor’s opponent was cheered at a press conference and not showered in boos when he would try to speak. Diaz has a very large, very loyal following. It was awesome seeing him get cheered on his way to both Conor fights.

He's saying a true WW. Conor isn't a true WW.

Feel free not to click on "all" the threads.
Conor cuts a shit load though so he fits into that category.

The fight is a friggen joke though lmao.

Diaz by TKO round 3........... they still haven´t figured out that 1-2 combo.
giphy.gif

DjEzRFI.jpg

K9Y98.gif

Feel as though we've gone way too far with this shit.

It should mean something, to be a Champion in the premier sporting promotion - same goes for the role of the challenger. They're far too concerned with making freak fights, rather than properly promoting other talent.

You guys don't see the bigger picture, they're setting up the next fight.

Scenario A, Woodley wins, Woodley vs. Conor fight gets made as a superfight, making Conor not have to defend his own belt and possible 3 weight champ.
Scenario B, Diaz wins, they set up Diaz vs. Conor for the WW belt instantly.

You guys don't see the bigger picture, they're setting up the next fight.

Scenario A, Woodley wins, Woodley vs. Conor fight gets made as a superfight, making Conor not have to defend his own belt and possible 3 weight champ.
Scenario B, Diaz wins, they set up Diaz vs. Conor for the WW belt instantly.

The UFC doesn’t need Woodley to win to make that happen they already can. As far as Nate winning, i would have been less shocked if Conor had beaten Floyd, than I would be if Nate beats Tyron.

The UFC doesn’t need Woodley to win to make that happen they already can. As far as Nate winning, i would have been less shocked if Conor had beaten Floyd, than I would be if Nate beats Tyron.
If Woodley beats Nate, he and Conor will have a shared opponent, Woodley will get more famous in the eyes of the casual fans, and it would just create more of a story.

In the unlikely scenario that Nate does win, Conor has an even easier path to his third title.

Matchmaking and selling pay per views are hard. With injuries,’contracts and egos. Good timing helps careers. 6 weeks away and there’s no main event. We need something. Cyborg and Holm would rather argue numbers than fight. Conor is acting a fool. Nobody wants a piece of Tony. I would buy this fight.

I'd rather see Nick fight Woodley but I would be interested in seeing Nate, imagine nate or nick vs Robbie lawler in 2018

Tony vs Nate would make a hell of a lot more sense.
Tony vs Woodley would be better than this. champ vs champ.

Back