Woodley vs Diaz might be the worst idea I have ever heard.

XThe GreatestX

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Sooooooo....let me just wrap my mind around this.

Nate Diaz who
(1) is a journeyman whose never beaten a great fighter other than Conor ( depending on your opinion of Conor as a fighter)
(2) hasn't competed at 170 in 6 years ( against an actual WW)
(3) who's last appearance at 170 was getting fucking rag dolled by Rory and Dong, with Rory in particular throwing him around like a small child......

and the UFC thinks its a good idea to put him in there with a wrestler at 170 who is just gonna ragdoll him and coast to a boring UD?

And lol at anyone who thinks Nate is a star. I mean seriously. He has never been a draw in his life. Conor literally can draw a million buys fighting a lamp. Those numbers had little to do with Nate.

Easily the most ludicrous idea I have ever since the Stipe-Maldonado fight.

Last edited:
Tyrun Wouldflee loves the idea of an easy matchup. At least he might get a finish this time around. Or not.

159.gif

WME = Worst Management Ever

Yeah, this fight is a complete crock of crap. I doubt it's going to sell well either.

Except didnt' he just fight Conor at 170..

<{Heymansnicker}>

Couldn’t this have been posted in one of the many threads that already exist on the subject? We don’t need everyone starting a new separate thread to post their opinion.

If someone would have told me two weeks ago that Nate Diaz was going to get the next WW title shot, I would have laughed in their face. Now all of a sudden this is a very real possibility. I'd love to hear Dana try and defend this.

I get the complains, but Nate only fought at welterweight in the last 2 years, he is not fighting at 155 at UFC 219, he is too big.
He badly missed weight against Dos Anjos and against Michael Johnson he was ripped like we never saw before, on relatively short notice he is not making 155.

Stipe vs Maldonado wasn't a bad idea, it was a super short notice replacement, the fight was Stipe vs JDS.

Holy crap. I havent been on Sherdog since earlier this afternoon so I'm just seeing this news. This fight seems like a mismatch at first glance.

Somebody in matchmaking smoked a lil too much crack.....

He fought both Conor fights at 170

Woodley by stoppage on the ground.

UFC is getting worst than eva,, no-sense fights all their cashcows are on drugs,, whats worst

This is complete, total 100%, Grade A+ Bulls****

I am talking about climate change not being taken seriously though, maybe also the possibility of nuclear war but don't mind me, y'all keep talkin' about footsie slappy.

This is complete, total 100%, Grade A+ Bulls****

I am talking about climate change not being taken seriously though, maybe also the possibility of nuclear war but don't mind me, y'all keep talkin' about footsie slappy.

*face-palm*

am cool with this fight.nate will force t wood to actually fight again and not be boring.nate might actually get koed this time if woodley lands that big right hand.hoping for submission win for diaz

ferg vs diaz would be bigger. nobody cares about woodley.

Sooooooo....let me just wrap my mind around this.

Nate Diaz who
(1) is a journeyman whose never beaten a great fighter other than Conor ( depending on your opinion of Conor as a fighter)
(2) hasn't competed at 170 in 6 years.
(3) who's last appearance at 170 was getting fucking rag dolled by Rory and Dong, with Rory in particular throwing him around like a small child......

and the UFC thinks its a good idea to put him in there with a wrestler at 170 who is just gonna ragdoll him and coast to a boring UD?

And lol at anyone who thinks Nate is a star. I mean seriously. He has never been a draw in his life. Conor literally can draw a million buys fighting a lamp. Those numbers had little to do with Nate.

Easily the most ludicrous idea I have ever since the Stipe-Maldonado fight.

I agree with most of this except for the draw part. After MCG/Diaz 1, he is a draw. He holds the highest PPV record with their second fight. Now before you say Conor is responsible, let me point out that his fight with Eddie at MSG and had higher stakes because he was going to make history as the first two time champ, did 1.3 and came in 4th place. And this fight came months after Diaz 2, so why did Diaz 2 do better than a history making fight in MSG for the first time and had three title fights on the card? Because of Diaz, that's why. The guy has been all over talk shows like Jimmy Kimmel ect.. Legit star.

why is nate fighting at 170? the whole conor thing was so it he can make it easier for him to cut weight.

Back