Wonderboy vs Till is a mismatch!

Ragnus

K-1 Heavyweight Champion
@Green
Reaction score
I keep hearing about how this will be a good matchup and how Till has a really good chance to beat Wonderboy. I simply disagree, I don't even like Thompson his style is really annoying and I blame him completely for that terrible fight with Tyron, he has a style where he looks like he is being aggressive but he is ironically extremely passive his long as reach and stance just give him the ability to look like he is "pressuring". With this said Wonderboy is a fucking animal, you watch that guy fight and he seriously looks unbeatable what he did to Masvidal and Rory was extraordinary! Wonderboy finishes Till late if its a 5round fight or he wins a decision if its 3. Everyone has a chance in a fight but Till just has low chances against Thompson.

Tl;dr

Until Wonderboy produces the power of flight, it doesn't do anything for us.

I think Till would go right at him and Wonderboy wouldn’t have the timing to set his attacks up. Great match up though, hard to choose a winner but I’m leaning toward Till

he beats RDA quite easily too as far as im concerned, RDA is like a 160pounder or 165pounder, Thompson is too big
Wonderboys dad says no to the Till fight unfortunately.
“We’ve talked to no one [about fighting Till],” Ray Thompson said. “Not sure how this is a ‘done deal.’ As for Till, he needs to fight through the murderers' row at welterweight like ‘Wonderboy’ did to get to the top.”
From Bloodyelbow

I think Wonderboy would out class Till. Till looked great against Cowboy, but so have lots if people. Who has looked great against Wonderboy?

After that Masvidal fight I'm ok if Wonderboy just sticks to his kids karate lessons

Looks like he wants RDA.

If Wonderguy has some strategic sense, he wouldn't ask for that fight now. He won't get another crack at the belt as long as Woodley is champ, so his best bet would be to let RDA fight Woodley, pray that RDA wins, and THEN he is a legit and interesting contender again. Just saying´.

I keep hearing about how this will be a good matchup and how Till has a really good chance to beat Wonderboy. I simply disagree, I don't even like Thompson his style is really annoying and I blame him completely for that terrible fight with Tyron, he has a style where he looks like he is being aggressive but he is ironically extremely passive his long as reach and stance just give him the ability to look like he is "pressuring". With this said Wonderboy is a fucking animal, you watch that guy fight and he seriously looks unbeatable what he did to Masvidal and Rory was extraordinary! Wonderboy finishes Till late if its a 5round fight or he wins a decision if its 3. Everyone has a chance in a fight but Till just has low chances against Thompson.

I don't really think so. Thompson loves to fight hands down and that would be terrible mistake against Till. Wonderboy said in interview that he would definitely fight Darren Till at Liverpool somehow he still chicken out from fight.

Till is way better striker than anyone Wonderboy has faced in UFC. He has excellent feints and i think they would be too much for Wonderboy.

Last edited:
RDA is not fighting Till, he only wants Tyrone, if he fights Till he knows he will be destroyed and will lose the chance to fight for the belt.

RDS vs Thompson is a dumb matchmaking, Thompson should not fight Woodley again unless Thompson is the champ and he could very well derail RDA title shot for nothing, I think a fight with Till makes most sense

Till is strangely over hyped lately, now Till is ranked #1, Dalby is #2, Donald Cerrone #3, Woodley is probably #4 or #5 because he hasn't beat Cerrone or fought Nicholas Dalby yet..

how about you fight someone that's a legitimate top 10 ww before you call out the #1 contender? that'd make more sense to me, beat Ponzi or Masvidal who are both very beatable and I'll put you in my top 10

It's a very possible analysis, but who do you prefer to match up with Wonderboy?

Till is strangely over hyped lately, now Till is ranked #1, Dalby is #2, Donald Cerrone #3, Woodley is probably #4 or #5 because he hasn't beat Cerrone or fought Nicholas Dalby yet..

how about you fight someone that's a legitimate top 10 ww before you call out the #1 contender? that'd make more sense to me, beat Ponzi or Masvidal who are both very beatable and I'll put you in my top 10

Yeah, I don't get it either. Maybe Till is the next great thing, but he needs to prove it first. He KO'd Cerrone...wonderful, so did Pettis, who's lost 5 of his last 7 fights at FW and LW. What other significant wins does Till have? None.

Wonderboy has KO'd Whittaker (top current MW) and Hendricks and has a win over Rory and a draw with the current WW champ. That's a pretty amazing resume for a guy with only 17 MMA fights.

I agree. Till beat a shop worn Cowboy. People naturally are overreacting to it. How quickly people forget that Wonderboy beat Rory not too long ago.

There's a good chance that Wonderboy will just counter him, Till will start to try being a calculated fighter and do almost nothing for the rest of the fight because Wonderboy will just be better than him.

Wonderboy is just like Lyoto was, highlight KOs but can be superboring also.

Personnaly I hate counterstrikers, I like volume and pressure fighters but I respect them and their skills

People don't understand that Woodley had the money to bring in a karate champion and sage Northcutt for his wonderboy camp. Plus access any time to his own American top team gym.
Wonderboy is a solid opponent, it's gonna take a lot to beat him

Back