Wonderboy vs Till is a mismatch!

Stephen should fight Colby.

Till should fight Ponz.

Nah Till is gonna go through WW. It's similar to when Jon Jones or Conor first appeared and people wanted to rationalise this idea that they just weren't as good as the top guys. He's very long for the division like those guys and has the same kinda mentality.

If the UFC wasn't too busy trying to give WW title shots to Nate Diaz then I think we'd see either Till or Usman with the strap by the end of 2018.

There's a good chance that Wonderboy will just counter him, Till will start to try being a calculated fighter and do almost nothing for the rest of the fight because Wonderboy will just be better than him.

Wonderboy is just like Lyoto was, highlight KOs but can be superboring also.

Don't forget that Till's style can be slow and boring, too. Hence his draw with Dalby. MT guys and boxers (like Masvidal) can be inactive and passive, too. It's not just karate stylists...whom I personally like to watch even if they're patient counterstrikers.

he beats RDA quite easily too as far as im concerned, RDA is like a 160pounder or 165pounder, Thompson is too big
I bet they are the same weight in cage or rda even has a couple in him. He was bigger than lawler

Yeah, I don't get it either. Maybe Till is the next great thing, but he needs to prove it first. He KO'd Cerrone...wonderful, so did Pettis, who's lost 5 of his last 7 fights at FW and LW. What other significant wins does Till have? None.

Wonderboy has KO'd Whittaker (top current MW) and Hendricks and has a win over Rory and a draw with the current WW champ. That's a pretty amazing resume for a guy with only 17 MMA fights.

It's not about his record or wins. Guy has trained fighting since he was little kid and drop out of school at age of 13 to made life as a fighter. K-1 European Champion at age of 16. His movement & striking is simply on another level than any other fighter in WW.

It's not about his record or wins. Guy has trained fighting since he was little kid and drop out of school at age of 13 to made life as a fighter. K-1 European Champion at age of 16. His movement & striking is simply on another level than any other fighter in WW.

And that's why he had a draw with Dalby and his next two fights against unranked guys went to a decision...because he's a super-hero striker and living, breathing KO machine?

I'll grant that you have to look at other factors like you mentioned. The biggest edge Till may have is being 10 years younger than Wonderboy. But Wonderboy hasn't taken too much damage--nowhere near what Lawler has taken. I'd pick either fighter over Lawler for that reason (and for how Lawler has looked in his last 3 fights).

Last edited:
Wonderboy should be facing non-contenders like Till, Usman, Ponzi, etc. Of course he wants RDA since he's supposedly next in line. But by doing this there's a solid chance of yet another Woodley vs Thompson fight. Make new match-ups, make Thompson go the long road since he already had 2 shots.

I keep hearing about how this will be a good matchup and how Till has a really good chance to beat Wonderboy. I simply disagree, I don't even like Thompson his style is really annoying and I blame him completely for that terrible fight with Tyron, he has a style where he looks like he is being aggressive but he is ironically extremely passive his long as reach and stance just give him the ability to look like he is "pressuring". With this said Wonderboy is a fucking animal, you watch that guy fight and he seriously looks unbeatable what he did to Masvidal and Rory was extraordinary! Wonderboy finishes Till late if its a 5round fight or he wins a decision if its 3. Everyone has a chance in a fight but Till just has low chances against Thompson.

easiest to go point by point:
  1. WB is a very good fighter who will never get a title shot against the current champ
  2. which puts him in an unenviable position
  3. all he can do is try to stay relevant until the belt changes hands
  4. he does that best by fighting and winning
  5. fighting the biggest names with the least chance of beating him is probably his best move.
therefore, if you like WB and think Till is a severe underdog against him, you should be thrilled.

he beats RDA quite easily too as far as im concerned, RDA is like a 160pounder or 165pounder, Thompson is too big

and therefore, if you like WB and think Till is a severe underdog against him, you should be thrilled.

And that's why he had a draw with Dalby and his next two fights against unranked guys went to a decision...because he's a super-hero striker and living, breathing KO machine?

I'll grant that you have to look at other factors like you mentioned. The biggest edge Till may have is being 10 years younger than Wonderboy. But Wonderboy hasn't taken too much damage--nowhere near what Lawler has taken. I'd pick either fighter over Lawler for that reason (and for how Lawler has looked in his last 3 fights).

He had injury in his fight against Dalby. Next two fights he absolutely dominated. Guys had iron chin, otherwise they would been knocked out.

Till is young fighter and improving every day. Wonderboy is 10 years older and slightly sliding out of his prime. His reflexes ain't that good forever.

As an alternative Till could be fighting Santiago pinocio or Masvidal

I understand people have a hardon for Wonderboy and he Is legit but

Till would fucking murk him.

He's the best striker In the division from where I'm sitting.

Thompson's shit boxing would get exposed.

That Karate style Is legit but It will always get figured out by more experienced strikers.

Wonderboy has a lot of holes that the guys he's fought so far mostly haven't been able to capitalize on that a guy like Till would.

Tl;dr

Until Wonderboy produces the power of flight, it doesn't do anything for us.

think this went over everyones head haha, not mine though, brilliant, well played sir haha, think this every time I hear his name

"its levitation holmes"

Wonderboy is getting up there in age and Till is just starting to peak. 50/50 fight imo.

It is what it is when injury hits you. Those guys had absolutely iron chin and Till pick them apart. Till is still young fighter and already made much improvements from those fights. He has been striking since he was little kid. If you look his fights you can see that he has way better hands than anyone else on division.

Till didn't lost even single fight in his kickboxing career. Record says 44-0. And he was just a kid fighting against grown men. 33 wins came by knockout. Like i said Till has way better hands than Wonderboy. I think he would just walk him down and knock him out in first.

till would beat wonderboy. wonderboy doesnt have a chin, till is just as long as him and his striking is elite. till would find his chin with that left and put him away. you heard it here first folks.

I don't really think so. Thompson loves to fight hands down and that would be terrible mistake against Till. Wonderboy said in interview that he would definitely fight Darren Till at Liverpool somehow he still chicken out from fight.

Till is way better striker than anyone Wonderboy has faced in UFC. He has excellent feints and i think they would be too much for Wonderboy.

Wonderboy is also a better striker than anyone till has ever faced. The guy has one good win over cowboy who is a notoriously slow starter with bad striking defence. Thompson got wins over masvidal, macdonald, cote and whittaker. All of them are way more accomplished striking wise than till. I think its an interesting fight but its understandable that thompson who is legit top 5 in that division wants a bigger fight.

Back