women's mma is no longer exciting

Seattlekid25

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
because there is nothing else left to see what might happen

ronda rousey already got beat up twice

cyborg is mildly exciting to see what will happen on dec 30th but holly holm was already winning the entire fight with miesha tate. holly holm did a stupid game plan against germaine de randamie, anyone that was even watching on the tv could see the telegrams as did germaine. valentina shevchenko is a 125er and you lost to her yet you're going to be fighting for the title at 145. rocky pennington could have easily gotten a decision but you got lucky. You know what, holly holm is not exciting anymore, she already did her job by bouncing ronda on the canvas, THE END.

rose namajunas isn't even a fan of mma, she's just good at it. rose was the favorite to win the show but just because esparza got top position, she panicked and gave up. and why couldn't you do the same thing that claudia gadelha did to karolina kowalkiewicz? karolina is a ground bum when it comes to top level grapplers like rose, you gotta do your job and take care of business let alone you lost a close decision to karolina? no thank you, i'm not interested anymore, already seen enough, been there done that with rose namajunas.

cynthia calvillo is very good. except why did you do a stupid game plan against jo jo with no setups to go for the takedown? jojo is extremely slow, i don't understand how you didn't train at team alpha male for that fight to do the striking you were doing the entire fight except why couldn't you get any takedowns? so many 115ers are better strikers than calvillo, that's fine so what you can do is train in the type of striking so that can let you get takedowns. i know cynthia calvillo won the fight vs jojo but that's not my point. You're not going to beat gadelha, andrade, or joanna for that matter plus you're already 30 so no thank you.

tecia torres is a point striker who's also a ground bum. since michelle waterson is an atomweight nothing happened after that first takedown in the first round. i have absolutely no idea how tecia submitted julianna lima that has got to be the luckiest thing to happen EVER. and don't forget that tecia lost to randa markos so any grappler who focuses on nothing but takedowns is going to get tecia extremely worried and confused that she won't be able to do her usual point striking, sorry but tecia torres doesn't excite me at all.

michelle waterson got a mulligan from me when she fought lacey schuckman and then another mulligan when she fought herica tiburcio. in between there she got EXTREMELY lucky with jessica penne on that submission plus she took way too long to finally finish angela magana. She fought rose namajunas and went down early, and then couldn't take down tecia torres in the first round and got point stricken to death by tecia the rest of the fight, wow has michelle waterson turned out to be a huge disappointment to me pretty much nothing else left for me to see with her anymore.

felice herrig is a total ground bum got submitted by randa markos and let paige van zant beat her up like that. How do you let cortney casey put a kimura on you when you have top position and you easily let her use the kimura to sweep you and now you're all of a sudden on bottom? felice herrig whines and complains too much, there isn't much left for me to see anymore with her, i have seen ENOUGH to know that she is not championship material.

andrade would beat rose and joanna in a rematch, that's my opinion but she doesn't excite me much at all.

mackenzie dern mildly excites me but it's not strong enough for me to continue keeping track of womens mma because amanda nunes doesn't have anybody to fight and it's really sad. The only one coming off a win closest to the top was #7 ketlen viera at a 3 fight winning streak and then it was announced she was going to fight cat zingano. valentina is going to 125, holm is fighting cyborg for the title at 145, julianna pena is pregnant, raquel pennington broke her knee when the jeep she was in rolled on over some embankment or whatever, ronda already got beat up the last 2 straight times, cat zingano got beat by julianna pena and has a very low fight iq and then you have sara mcmann who broke miesha tate's eye socket in the first round and still could not win the fight, how retarded is that?

look at the entire roster of 135 pound women, there is literally no one for amanda nunes to fight, her ufc contract probably only calls for dana to offer her 2 fights a year and there isn't even anyone in other promotions who might be a draw at 135 at this point, the entire women's mma is in total disarray on top of 90 percent of the fighters who went on tuf who are total SHIT.

The Lioness era is very exciting.

giphy.gif

Then stop watching it that is what I do when I don't like looking at something. Their is no way in h*^$@# I would sit and watch something that did not excite me.

that's your 12th post in a 2008 account and you choose this shit to rant on? impressive

"No Longer" ?

I must have missed the other era where it was.

Cyborg vs Nunes is the fight to make next. Nunes can make 145 easily.

dude i just read your entire post and i wanted to say thank you, oh my god it was really funny

I dont even know who the champions are in WMMA.

Those name mean nothing.

Well that op shows know 100x more about wmma than i so ill just take your word for it

I'm not reading all that :eek: But I still find WMMA very exciting and can't wait to see how 125 shakes out.

Was it ever?

I think one issue is that earlier on WMMA whilst not deep in terms of talent pool did have a few fighters with quite individual skill sets were as now its advancing into an era were its full of "jack of all trades" types who are much less interesting.

Torres/Waterson was I think a good example of that, beyond looks Waterson is I think a much more interesting fighter with some creative kicks and aggressive sub grappling, Torres is IMHO a fairly dull wrestle boxer who beat her by picking over her flaws.

Rousey back when she was tossing people around and armbaring them quickly was very fun to watch.

Back