women's mma is no longer exciting

U-OK1.png

Didn't read but I'm assuming you're talking about how there aren' nearly enough nip slips. I totally agree TS.

I think one issue is that earlier on WMMA whilst not deep in terms of talent pool did have a few fighters with quite individual skill sets were as now its advancing into an era were its full of "jack of all trades" types who are much less interesting.

Torres/Waterson was I think a good example of that, beyond looks Waterson is I think a much more interesting fighter with some creative kicks and aggressive sub grappling, Torres is IMHO a fairly dull wrestle boxer who beat her by picking over her flaws.

Rousey back when she was tossing people around and armbaring them quickly was very fun to watch.
I enjoyed her finish of Davis even more.

it never was exciting.

give me 2 weeks to get into better shape and I'd bismirch the entire WMMA roster.

The Lioness era is very exciting.

giphy.gif

can you imagine if steve mazzagatti was the referee here? i guarantee you he would have told ronda "DO NOT GRAB THAT CAGE" fight would have been able to go a lot longer

I'm not reading all that :eek: But I still find WMMA very exciting and can't wait to see how 125 shakes out.

i don't want to bore you too much more about the 125ers but i was a big fan of barb honchak. but then she lost to nicco montano and of all people lauren murphy and that makes me SICK.

and so i had to minus the mulligan i gave to barb for losing to ANGELA MAGANA

time for barb honchak to retire, it's all done for and i am very sad for her

can you imagine if steve mazzagatti was the referee here? i guarantee you he would have told ronda "DO NOT GRAB THAT CAGE" fight would have been able to go a lot longer

hahaha awesome

Was it ever?

i don't want to bore you too much more about the 125ers but i was a big fan of barb honchak. but then she lost to nicco montano and of all people lauren murphy and that makes me SICK.

and so i had to minus the mulligan i gave to barb for losing to ANGELA MAGANA

time for barb honchak to retire, it's all done for and i am very sad for her
but she was robbed against Lauren, she won that.. 2-1 to me
Nicco Montano looks solid, she beats Roxy who improved a lot last years too

and 125 will get better with time, specially since good fighters like Jennifer Maia, Aga Niedzwiedz, Ariane Lipski and Weili Zhang are out there and will probably come one day

PS: you sounds like the most passionate fan ever, LMAO, i love it

Jesus fucking christ that's a lot of words

This thread is very apocalyptic if you catch my drift

but she was robbed against Lauren, she won that.. 2-1 to me
Nicco Montano looks solid, she beats Roxy who improved a lot last years too

and 125 will get better with time, specially since good fighters like Jennifer Maia, Aga Niedzwiedz, Ariane Lipski and Weili Zhang are out there and will probably come one day

PS: you sounds like the most passionate fan ever, LMAO, i love it

so barb honchak won that fight in your mind against lauren murphy 2 rounds to 1 ? did you know that barb honchak entered the 3rd round against nicco montano without the possibility of winning a decision based on the judges scorecard? man i am so bummed about everything with barb.

anyways these judges 90 percent of the time look at being on your back as a loser unless you do elbows or something from the bottom that draws blood.

it is so rare that mma judges give a decision win to the fighter that was on bottom too much (sarah moras vs alexis dufresne) comes to mind LOL

i gave rounds to lauren murphy against barb as much as i hate whiners and people who complain, damn i am totally bummed about her STILL.

even on the barb honchak fight vs rachael ostovich in the house, barb had trouble getting her down, luckily ostovich was a ground bum compared to her because all ostovich knows is wrestling takedowns and looking good being on top unless it's a girl who knows jiu jitsu and is a threat to sweep anytime.

plus barb looks like she's a 115er, i don't understand why she didn't go down there long time ago but anyways it doesn't matter she's 38 now

Back