Women in knitting shops hate me

Same thing happened to me at the dollar store looking for some superglue in the craft aisle. Middle age lady walked into the aisle and got the most grotesque shock on her face that someone who isn't a middleage lady would dare to be there. She actually stumbled physically and made a hasty semi-run out of there. They're so used to it being their private area they think of it as a refuge, an embassy for only them and their kind.

There's another reason why it feels like such a gross intrusion to them-- a certain type of middleage women go to these places to talk down about everyone but themselves. It's their gossip hub and they are the self-appointed high priestesses of trashtalking everyone and thing but their own exclusive group. It could be at any place they've chosen, despite being in public space such as a library. Book club, craft store, etc. They're used to it being a spot that naturally dissuades others who aren't like themselves from joining or being near, so they have gotten used to banking on the idea that no one ever will..

Even if another woman (younger or better looking or even someone just like them) who they haven't seen before approaches, they get really uncomfortable because it threatens their worldview of themselves and their place within the group. It threatens the group's "power structure", lol. They know deep inside that their gossip and hierarchal talking down on things other than their own isn't based on reality-- it's a delicate, miserable but comfortable construction they've spend months, years building and a small breeze could bring the whole thing down.

It's how they feel good about themselves (and it's clearly not real), so you can see why they are so defensive about it. They don't want to be exposed for being bitter hags but neither the choice of acting to preserve it nor being passive about it will actually stop someone from accidentally destroying and exposing their group for what it is. That's why they just get horrified and tense but are paralyzed as to what to do about it. A simple good natured question from a well-meaning stranger could blow the whole operation, which is all they feel they have at this point.

If the group gets exposed, everyone's insecurity is out on display and the group is shamed forever. They can never live it down or pretend their way back into it. They either have to form new splinter groups or start behaving reasonably, sweetly and kindly to others to feel good about themselves.

I went into a maternity shop years ago to pick up a gift for my sister who was expecting her first, and I felt like I was intruding. All of the pregnant women stopped what they were doing and kind of stared. I was like "I know y'all have seen a man before".

Never occurred to me to make a thread, though.

Women HATE men, deal with it!

But in all seriousness, you sure you're not confusing their expressions for shock or confusion? The 2 could appear similar at times.

Any relation to the Knitting Circle in The Wheel of Time novels? These could be all witches.

The newest craze here is knitting.

Sometimes I stumble across knitting shops in a city, and if I am lost, I might just enter to ask for directions. If I am genuinly lost.

The women (all 40's to 50's) are shocked and in great dismay when I enter.

Like I entered a female changing room.

They are not very helpful either.

I have a theory that these are feminist women who hate men, and created a knitting shop so that they do not have to be around men. Because all their customers are women.

Thoughts?

Why do you want to do knitting? That's for women.

You really were lost. You were in a sandwich shop not a knitting shop. I've never heard of women doing anything different than making sandwiches
They should open a new Women's UFC division where they competively make sandwiches.

You should walk in there with a black Cobra Kai gi and scream "This a karate dojo, NOT A KNITTING CLASS! You don't come into my dojo, drop a challenge and leave, old lady. Now you get your girl on the mat, or you and I will have a major problem."

On your next visit for directions a punch to the ovaries will establish dominance.

Should have identified as a woman upon entry.

You done goofed.

You really were lost. You were in a sandwich shop not a knitting shop. I've never heard of women doing anything different than making sandwiches

He should have asked them if they were lost, and pointed them to the nearest kitchen.

Troll thread. Men don't get lost. TS is either trolling or a beta cuck

How in f@cks sake do you "stumble across a knitting shop"? I have never once in my life, inadvertently gone into a knitting shop or anything like it in all of my travels.
Is this you TS??

upload_2018-12-12_16-20-44.png

Where do you live? Knitting shops? Imo it's probably China.

Next time ask them if they can knit a sock for your kawk

Bob's Burgers just had an episode that is relevant to this discussion.

I've always held this theory about knitting shops and TS just proved it.

Good work TS. Keep fighting the good fight out there.

The newest craze here is knitting.

Sometimes I stumble across knitting shops in a city, and if I am lost, I might just enter to ask for directions. If I am genuinly lost.

The women (all 40's to 50's) are shocked and in great dismay when I enter.

Like I entered a female changing room.

They are not very helpful either.

I have a theory that these are feminist women who hate men, and created a knitting shop so that they do not have to be around men. Because all their customers are women.

Thoughts?
I thought your thread was going to be an ad for a great new product that aims to make knitting tops obsolete. So, my thoughts are disappointment. I guess that's an emotion.

Back