Women and social media

Nesruk

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I'm single and trying to date. One of the things I look for is that the woman isn't obsessed with social media/using her phone. It seems to me that almost all women are very into social media and finding one that isn't is very hard.

What are you guys' experience? Do you know any women who doesn't really care about being on the phone/social media?

My girlfriend has a Facebook but that's it, no Instagram, WhatsApp, twitter etc and goes all day without checking her phone.

I know a girl at work who's quite hot, does crossfit and has zero social media.

This is a very tiny minority though.

How are you finding girls to date without social media?

My girlfriend has a Facebook but that's it, no Instagram, WhatsApp, twitter etc and goes all day without checking her phone.

I know a girl at work who's quite hot, does crossfit and has zero social media.

This is a very tiny minority though.

How are you finding girls to date without social media?
Do you mean how I find dates at all or how I find women who don't use social media? If its the first: I try to ask out women when I'm out and about in the daytime. If its the latter you can't really know before you get to know them a little bit.

That’s what dating is for. You go on a few dates and find out if she is compatible. Turns out for you a strong social media presence is deal breaker. It probably would be for me too.

my gf doesn't really care for social media. god bless her.

my ex, on the hand, was always concerned about her social media image.

My wife doesn't really go on social media a lot, but she does like to read gossip sites and news on her mobile... that's usually when I'm watching something on TV that she isn't interested in.

One of my guilty pleasures is going on SM and laughing at friends, who are with girls that are obsessed with it, being forced to pose for pics in places they don't even want to be.

Why do you have a problem with social media? I mean I wouldn't pass on a possible could partner just because they check their facebook a few times to much.
After you are married for five years, you wish she just spent more time on the internet and left you alone anyway.

That’s what dating is for. You go on a few dates and find out if she is compatible. Turns out for you a strong social media presence is deal breaker. It probably would be for me too.
Ye, its a value thing. I don't put any value in social media and personally think that most people that do and spend a lot of time on it either don't have any hobbies or interests or are very simple minded. I need to find a woman who is her own person and not a sheep, which is hard nowadays.

Why do you have a problem with social media? I mean I wouldn't pass on a possible could partner just because they check their facebook a few times to much.
After you are married for five years, you wish she just spent more time on the internet and left you alone anyway.
Just wrote it in another reply but I think its often because they don't have a lot of interests and are too concerned about how their "image" looks to strangers who means nothing.

Ye, its a value thing. I don't put any value in social media and personally think that most people that do and spend a lot of time on it either don't have any hobbies or interests or are very simple minded. I need to find a woman who is her own person and not a sheep, which is hard nowadays.

I don’t jump to those conclusions. It’s so ingrained in our culture now that it’s simply a part of it. If my partner had a bunch of social media, the content would matter. For example, staying in contact with distant friends, fine. Promoting your business via Instagram, fine. 150 different bathroom mirror selfies, deal breaker.

I don’t jump to those conclusions. It’s so ingrained in our culture now that it’s simply a part of it. If my partner had a bunch of social media, the content would matter. For example, staying in contact with distant friends, fine. Promoting your business via Instagram, fine. 150 different bathroom mirror selfies, deal breaker.
I'll admit that this of course matters. Though spending every waking moment on the phone, even when we are together I can't excuse.

I’m glad I grew up before all this bollocks existed. I fear for my kids, who will never know a world where public self-obsession, the need for validation and outright narcissism is considered normal.

Just wrote it in another reply but I think its often because they don't have a lot of interests and are too concerned about how their "image" looks to strangers who means nothing.

Well, I guess social media would be their interest or hobby in that case. Everyone likes different things.
I personally don't do much social media. But I don't think there is anything wrong it. If you care about your image or what strangers think its fine with me.
Also I don't do it. But as someone that likes to watch two people punch each other in the face for money on a Saturday night, I can't exactly blame someone for loving social media or are concerned about their image.

I just personally wouldn't disqualify a woman just because they like to do something or enjoy something that's not for me.
Assuming, of course, everything else is ok heavy social media is fine with me.

I know a lot of guys that are obsessed with it as well. Most girls I know seem to be really into snapchat cause that sorcery makes them look way hotter then they actually are.

Well, I guess social media would be their interest or hobby in that case. Everyone likes different things.
I personally don't do much social media. But I don't think there is anything wrong it. If you care about your image or what strangers think its fine with me.
Also I don't do it. But as someone that likes to watch two people punch each other in the face for money on a Saturday night, I can't exactly blame someone for loving social media or are concerned about their image.

I just personally wouldn't disqualify a woman just because they like to do something or enjoy something that's not for me.
Assuming, of course, everything else is ok heavy social media is fine with me.
I guess it's because often women that are obsessed with social media crave validation because they are insecure about themselves. Which everyone is to some degree of course but someone that need constant validation and attention isn't for me.

My wife doesn't really go on social media a lot, but she does like to read gossip sites and news on her mobile... that's usually when I'm watching something on TV that she isn't interested in.

One of my guilty pleasures is going on SM and laughing at friends, who are with girls that are obsessed with it, being forced to pose for pics in places they don't even want to be.

SM ?

Once again dudes on the internet obsessed with the opinion of women

Back