Women’s Featherweight, time to go?

sdpdude9

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
A few facts about this division.

-26 total fights in approximately 6 years.
-Approximately 4 fights a year.
-7 total title fights all involving fighters that primarily fight at 135 or have since retired/changed promotions.
-Belt last defended 2 years ago with no obvious fight on the horizon.
-Currently only 3 fighters that primarily compete at this weight class.
Norma Dumont (3-2)
Zarah Fairn (0-3)
Danyelle Wolf (0-1)

So what do we think? Time to fold this division?

Last edited:
Realistically it's been time for a while. All I can think is they're still thinking about whether they want to ignore her last fight and sign Kayla when her contract expires in October.

Even BWs rough. Amanda hasn't defended against anyone not Pena in 4yrs

It’s time. Dana was planning on canning men’s flyweight while Mighty Mouse was an active champ… no reason to keep women’s featherweight around when there isn’t even a top ten on the roster.

Not until Cyborg retires.
Dana won't let her ever have the claim to being the #1 FW in the world.

It's always been a joke of a division.

Cyborg was the only reason it was started, and she had a messy exit from the UFC in 2019

They keep hoping it will improve and catch a wave of interest like men's flyweight did.

It's not going to happen. No one gives a fuck about 145 lb fighter women

Women's MMA, time to go?

sml-jeffy.gif

I mean if there's no fights, I don't see why they have to explicitly remove it. Maybe it can remain dormant until some real 145lb fighters come over. I'm fine with them just leaving it empty until there is something real to book there.

How can she claim that when Amanda decapitated her?

If there's no UFC FW division, then that would make Nunes "not a FW anymore;" sort of.
Not saying that I agree with it; but you know that's what the narrative would be.

We've been saying it for years: they just made that division for Cyborg. Now she's gone so ditch that division and make atom weight (which actually does have a plethora of good fighters worldwide...though ONE has kind of poached all the talent because Dana was too slow).

Jarl

Realistically it's been time for a while. All I can think is they're still thinking about whether they want to ignore her last fight and sign Kayla when her contract expires in October.
Can that female tree trunk even make 145? I thought it was tough for her to make 155? I don't see the point either considering she'd be doing just what she's already doing and fighting scrubs outside of a Nunes fight.

Dana knows a hot 145lb chick will turn up eventually, and he will make her a star in exchange for some ass.

It's just there so they can market Nunes as a double champ.

The division is a joke, and has been for a long long time.

Back