Woe is me, Serena Williams has a meltdown at the US Open

People are going crazy on Twitter (what else is new?) calling the cartoonist and editor racists and misogynists.

It looks like a caricature calling her out on her spoiled behavior. It's not the cartoonist fault that she looked like baby Hulk throwing a fit. Was he supposed to make her look less ridiculous? Less angry? Less muscular? Less black? I don't get it.

Last edited:
People are going crazy on Twitter (what else is new?) calling the cartoonist and editor racists and misogynists.

It looks like a caricature calling her out on her spoiled behavior. It's not the cartoonist fault that she looked like baby Hulk throwing a fit. Was he supposed to make her look less ridiculous? Less angry? Less muscular? Less black? I don't get it.

Kind of a weird choice to make Osaka a blonde white girl though.

I don't understand all you dudes getting all up in arms about this.

Male tennis players do this all the time. But you only get all angry when it's Serena. There's a lot of resentment toward women on this forum and it shows.
Okay, that's ridiculous. She broke the rules and then lied about it, and threw a tantrum and further broke the rules, leaving the judge no choice.

I don't either. You exaggerate already strong features for a caricature, that's what a caricature fucking IS

I don't understand all you dudes getting all up in arms about this.

Male tennis players do this all the time. But you only get all angry when it's Serena. There's a lot of resentment toward women on this forum and it shows.

Do they? I've seen some guys lose points for way less.
I think I remember a point between Agassi and Muster where Agassi managed to outplay Muster and shouted "TAKE IT!" and umpire penalized Agassi for disrespectful behaviour.

I've seen some guys misbehave and get disqualified.

I still have to see a guy act the way Serena did and still play victim afterwards. But well, i was too young when McEnroe and Connors were in their prime

It's a caricature of Serena, not of Osaka or the ref. Cartoonist just represented a generic looking ref with a generic looking opponent. It was all about Serena

I figured he was using the Kim Clijsters incident as inspiration rather than the new one.

Also OMG what does it matter what colour they are! I bet you're mad about black James Bond too you Nazi!!!!!!!1!

Am I doing that right?

It's a caricature of Serena, not of Osaka or the ref. Cartoonist just represented a generic looking ref with a generic looking opponent. It was all about Serena
I do find it a little odd. He chose yellow for the hair when just inking it black would have made more sense

Quite a big assumption to make. Almost bigger than assuming it's racist.

I do find it a little odd. He chose yellow for the hair when just inking it black would have made more sense

Not really, considering she died her ponytail blonde.

Osakatrophy-9-8-18.aspx

another reason we havent seen much of the racist card. the umpire wasnt white
He looks very white.

And he is a racist because he stole unfairly the slam to Serena Williams, one of the most beautiful, non-doping and righteous athletes in the world.

and his coach was coaching her; the dude even admitted it

He admitted that all coaches coach every point of every game their players play, including the coach of Serena's opponent. He even said he didn't think Serena was seeing his coaching. It's not like he stood up and said "I did it!", it's more like he was saying "we all do it all the time including the other coach this time."

It was probably a bad call.

The two other calls, however, were fine, including the penalties. A professional should act professionally.

It's ridiculous how the media seems to be treating this.

Lol at the woman who hid in a panic room rather than be drug tested calling someone else a, "liar and thief"<45><Lmaoo>
LOL didn't even know about this. Serena is Jon Jones of tennis. Except she is hiding in panic room unlike poor Jon who has to hide under the cage for 8 hours

Wait

People are actually bringing up the thing with Mcenroe that happened like 30 years ago?

LOL!

Reaching a bit?

I'm guessing Tennis is a lot like the Tour De France or Golf for people. The general public only know a name or two based on whoever is the dominant champ, and struggle to name someone other than Lance Armstrong or Tiger Woods.

As such, the general population probably only knows a few famous tennis names, and it's easier for those to reach the public mindset if they are famous for something that transcends the sport. See Anna Kournikova being among the most famous non-Williams female tennis players of the last 25 years.

So McEnroe being brought up because he was famous in the general public for throwing tantrums, and got shows based around this fame, is not entirely a stretch, but instead something a lot of people can look to as a comparison of familiarity.

It's not like the McGregor bus incident being compared to the Renzo Gracie/Eugenio Tadeu riot.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back