Winner of last round should win decisions

i would go as far as making it double, and making 4 rounds and 6 rounds.

i believe it is much more important how one finishes a fight than how you start it. For example, I'm a BJ fan but felt he lost the first Frankie fight regardless of how the fight was scored. There is no way he won that fight when he was getting tooled in the 5th and probably finished if there was another round. Another example would be Gustaffson vs Jones. Extremely close fight, but Jones almost finished the fight in the 4th and 5th and Gus was barely able to stand.

I propose that the winner of the last round in any decision fight should be declared winner. It would force fighters to fight in the last round regardless of how the earlier rounds were scored. It would force fighters to go for the finish in earlier rounds to avoid going to a decision.
I agree, but I disagree. Why?

Because of the stupid take-down. You can crush an opponent for 2 or 4 rounds, slip on the 5th, he ends up on top of you, and you lose the fight.

The take-down requires so little skill, and yet it counts the most when there is no finish. Take-down defense which actually requires more skills, is not even counted.

I agree. I also think the winner of the last quarter in the NBA should win the game.

GSP won the last round. He wins the fight. Hendricks did absolutely nothing in the last round despite having had success earlier in the fight. He deserved to lose.

Scored it for Hendricks but I definitely can see your point

I hate this idea. But i do like the idea of getting rid of the judges all together. Either you finish and win or you draw. I hate point fighting with a passion

LMAO worst fucking idea i've ever heard

That's modern life for you. People sitting around coming up with absurd ideas that shouldn't make sense to anyone with any degree of critical thinking yet somehow get taken seriously by millions.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not here to bash TS. Everyone has a right to an opinion. And other have the right to have an opinion about that opinion. My point was that by modern standards this isn't the worst idea I've ever seen but more along the lines of the new normal. TS might not even believe it himself, he might just be bored and wanting to start a conversation.

Imagine a football game ('Murcan football, that is) where Team A scores a couple of touchdowns in the final five minutes because Team B was up by much more than that and had their backups in. It's a fairly common occurrence. Should the rest of the game be completely ignored and Team A be awarded the win?

I'm annoyed by third round cruisers as much as anybody, but it's on the fighter who's clearly down two rounds to finish. Period.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back