Winner of last round should win decisions

It would be like Big 3 for mma. Cage fighting isn't really a sport guys. Come on.

You sound like Elizabeth Warren TS, stop posting please.

I propose that the winner of the last round in any decision fight should be declared winner.

Meaning you think all fights should be 1 round then? It wouldn't matter if someone almost got stopped in the first, battered in the second but if they finished strong and won round 3 you just give them the decision. What're you smoking dude?

Meaning you think all fights should be 1 round then? It wouldn't matter if someone almost got stopped in the first, battered in the second but if they finished strong and won round 3 you just give them the decision. What're you smoking dude?

dana-white-oh-yeah.gif

You just said, only score the last round

No, another round should be added. A baseball bat should be placed into the center of the octagon at the beginning of the final round.

Yes. It would prevent coasting and the fighter who was supposedly up would be trying just as hard as the other guy. If you lose the last round you shouldn't win the fight.

I REALLY don't think you understand what you're saying. A fighter would coast the first 2 or 4 rounds and concentrate their efforts on the last one, since after all, that is all that matters. You still never answered the question: Would you accept this as a win?

And what if the other guy who won the first and second round 10-8 wasnt coasting in the 3rd and the other guy just had a second wind and got a TD half in the 3rd and layed on the other guy who won the first 2 rounds hands down for the rest of the 3rd round?

You actually give the fucking win to a guy who got TOOLED in the first 2 rounds, and got a survival panick wrestling TD half way through the 3rd and never passed the guard and got warned a few times by the ref until the bell, stole the 3rd, and the winner, by makes-no-sense decision, the guy who got schooled until he got a TD in the 3rd!

Your idea is fucking stupid. Again, FUCKING STUPID.

No, another round should be added. A baseball bat should be placed into the center of the octagon at the beginning of the final round.

Put the bat on a ladder and you have a deal!

That's absurd. Why should the last round score more than the first 2 or 4? We need to just get rid of rounds (or at least make them longer and have less of them) and the 10 point system and let fighters fight. Fight until one of them can't go anymore. It would completely shake up the MMA world if fighters can't game the system and hope to "outlast" and "outpoint" their opponent
I don't like TS' idea, but yours might be even worse. You cant schedule PPVs, cards or TV-events like that.

Maybe if the event was just one fight, but a fight card can never have such a ruleset.

Good point but I was thinking it would push fighters to finish the fight earlier. You could be right though.

There is the same risk in coasting the beginning and exploding at the end as there is exploding in the beginning and coasting in the end.

Its still the safer route either way.

i believe it is much more important how one finishes a fight than how you start it. For example, I'm a BJ fan but felt he lost the first Frankie fight regardless of how the fight was scored. There is no way he won that fight when he was getting tooled in the 5th and probably finished if there was another round. Another example would be Gustaffson vs Jones. Extremely close fight, but Jones almost finished the fight in the 4th and 5th and Gus was barely able to stand.

I propose that the winner of the last round in any decision fight should be declared winner. It would force fighters to fight in the last round regardless of how the earlier rounds were scored. It would force fighters to go for the finish in earlier rounds to avoid going to a decision.

Interesting thread

Would like to hear your breakdown of GSP vs Hendricks?

Interesting thread

Would like to hear your breakdown of GSP vs Hendricks?

GSP won the last round. He wins the fight. Hendricks did absolutely nothing in the last round despite having had success earlier in the fight. He deserved to lose.

Ok I've got it.

Drop the 10 point system. No rounds, but 1 min. break every 5 minutes*. Break cannot be called if a fight is defending a submission attempt or barrage of punches. After the break, fighters resume in position prior.

5 judges score the fight using 3 seashells. At least 2 judges must be manipulating the appropriate shell for the win meter to engage/fill. The win meter is constantly in view for everyone on the scoreclock and bigscreen. At the end of the fight, the winner is whomever filled the meter more.

That's absurd. Why should the last round score more than the first 2 or 4? We need to just get rid of rounds (or at least make them longer and have less of them) and the 10 point system and let fighters fight. Fight until one of them can't go anymore. It would completely shake up the MMA world if fighters can't game the system and hope to "outlast" and "outpoint" their opponent
at least do this for title fights.

So only the last round is scored then?

Back