Will We Ever See The 'Perfect' Fighter?

we had one... it was the man, the myth, the living legend:
TQ7XJXc.jpg

ubereem

Jones and Fedor

Fedor is the closest to perfect fighter that we've seen so far imo if you are eliminating Jones because of peds
Let get some discussion Sherdog Goat... I think Jones is a great fighter, but agree his consistent bending of the unified rules shouldn't be ingnored, while I think without the cheating he's clearly the GOAT anyway, he is honestly his own worst enemy and the biggest threat to his own GOATness is Jon. Also worth notable mention is his lack of self control this also can sometimes be seen during fights (although I suspect JWJ work cheating into his game plans). Sad thing is I'm not even beginning to talk about USADA stuff, honestly I think there is no perfect fighter mainly because humans and fans are quite imperfect and flawed.

On a postitive note I will agree to this point and time Fedor has been the closest we've seen as far as the complete package.

we had one... it was the man, the myth, the living legend:
TQ7XJXc.jpg

ubereem
Big Reem fan, but his defensive boxing and durability kind of take him out of this discussion.

CM Punk not perfect enough?

You guys aren't going to like this answer but the closest to perfect fighter the sport has seen is Demetrious "Mighty Mouse" Johnson.

Demetrious-Johnson-without-equal-after-impressive-UFC-191-performance_546091_OpenGraphImage.png

He has it all. Speed, Power, solid chin, great endurance, Boxing, Kickboxing, wrestling, BJJ, takedowns, transitions, submissions, sub defense, a clinch game, footwork, etc. No fighter in MMA history has shown a deeper set of skills.

You guys aren't going to like this answer but the closest to perfect fighter the sport has seen is Demetrious "Mighty Mouse" Johnson.

Demetrious-Johnson-without-equal-after-impressive-UFC-191-performance_546091_OpenGraphImage.png

He has it all. Speed, Power, solid chin, great endurance, Boxing, Kickboxing, wrestling, BJJ, takedowns, transitions, submissions, sub defense, a clinch game, footwork, etc. No fighter in MMA history has shown a deeper set of skills.

You're right i don't like this answer. He lacks finishing ability just like GSP.

But he is up there. I think Aldo is another guy whos pretty strong all round but we don't see his ground game enough.

You're right i don't like this answer. He lacks finishing ability just like GSP.

But he is up there. I think Aldo is another guy whos pretty strong all round but we don't see his ground game enough.

What are you talkin about? 5 out of Johnson's last 8 fights were finishes.

OrnateOblongAiredaleterrier.gif

Uh what? 3 of his last 5 were finishes.

And then there's this lovely little dose of flatline:

Last edited:
What are you talkin about? 5 out of Johnson's last 8 fights were finishes.

I don't mean to say he's incapable of finishing, he's just not known as a fighter who goes for the finish and makes it happen. He is very much a pressure and decision fighter. The above example is a rare exception for MM like this one was for cruz:

mizugaki%2Btko.gif

ahaha

guy is the height of a middle schooler

the "perfect fighter" can't be 5'1

i honestly believe dana white could kick his ass.

Uh what? 3 of his last 5 were finishes.

And then there's this lovely little does of flatline:

ahahahahahaha look how tiny they are

why do they fight in a normal sized octagon? isn't there a crib or something they could hire?

big john looks like he's about to scoop up his misbehaving toddler after an altercation at the playground

ahahahahahaha look how tiny they are

why do they fight in a normal sized octagon? isn't there a crib or something they could hire?

big john looks like he's about to scoop up his misbehaving toddler after an altercation at the playground

Sorry to hear that men of their size emasculate you so dearly.

Back