Will the UFC allow Jones to hold onto the belt and duck Aspinall for two consecutive fights?

The HW title lost a lot of it's prestige when Francis left the UFC and the division has like 4 real contenders. The division is a bit of a joke so who cares?
So your answer is to further plunge it into stupidity and basically keep the belt on someone incapable/unwilling to defend it against any active hw fighters?

Nobody gives Barao credit for his interim title defenses. He should be considered a 3 time defending champion. If the champion can't defend within a year they should be stripped. What happened with Jiri and Hill was the right way to do things, not make the interim champ clean up their division with defenses that history won't count the same.
Then Barao does deserve credit.

So your answer is to further plunge it into stupidity and basically keep the belt on someone incapable/unwilling to defend it against any active hw fighters?
How did you extrapolate that? Alex fights 3 times a year, more active than Tom. He'll defend the belt after he knocks Jon out and if he doesn't Jon is most likely retiring. Jon would have defended in November if he hadn't got injured anyways.

For what it's worth, the longest Jon has ever went in his career without defending a title when he held it is like 7 or 8 months, minus getting injured and having to delay.

Last edited:
The HW title lost a lot of it's prestige when Francis left the UFC and the division has like 4 real contenders. The division is a bit of a joke so who cares? I want to see the biggest and best possible fights. I don't think Tom presents anything Jon hasn't seen before and Jon has beat better fighters like DC. I don't think Jon has ever fought a more dangerous striker than Pereira.

There's still a lot of moving parts. Jon has to beat Stipe. Alex has to beat Jiri. Tom has to beat Blaydes. Then the UFC will have to make a decision.
I disagree with your assessment of the threat Tom poses to Jon. Jones seems to agree as well. Tom is a legit HW at 6"5" tall, 261 lbs, 78" reach. He has good wrestling and TDD, BJJ, excellent striking and actual HW power. Jon had a lot of trouble with Alex Gustafson who is 6"5" with 79" reach. Aspinall is a superior version of Gus and 55 lbs heavier and a true and "Clean" HW. Jon has never faced anyone like Tom Aspinall.

Aspinall should insist that if he defends the Interim Title he faces the winner of Jones vs Stipe. He should have a massive payment if the UFC books either of those fighters against anyone else before him.

Reactions: JKS
How did you extrapolate that? Alex fights 3 times a year, more active than Tom. He'll defend the belt after he knocks Jon out and if he doesn't Jon is most likely retiring. Jon would have defended in November if he hadn't got injured anyways.

For what it's worth, the longest Jon has ever went in his career without defending a title when he held it is like 7 or 8 months, minus getting injured and having to delay.
Mr "I don't wanna see any HW fight for the title"

Tons of logic in here

Mr "I don't wanna see any HW fight for the title"

Tons of logic in here
Alex has asked more than once to fight at HW. He tried to fight at HW in Glory as well. I also never said I don't wanna see any HW fight for the title. If Alex fights Jon for the HW title is he not a HW at that juncture?

Alex has asked more than once to fight at HW. He tried to fight at HW in Glory as well. I also never said I don't wanna see any HW fight for the title. If Alex fights Jon for the HW title is he not a HW at that juncture?
Dawww he asked! Changes everything

Dawww he asked! Changes everything
Yeah UFC isn't keen on it because he's the reigning LHW champion. I'm pretty sure the Rico fight in Glory didn't get made because Rico got injured but I'm not positive on that.

Jon is holding the "Undisputed" title
Yes, as Jon went through beating every HW fighter since his 2013 announcement.​
Orwellian Legacy Speak. SMDH. Even if paid big bux, you should be F'n ashamed.

Yes, as Jon went through beating every HW fighter since his 2013 announcement.​

Orwellian Legacy Speak. SMDH. Even if paid big bux, you should be F'n ashamed.
Ashamed of what? Facts? It's true, the longest Jon has ever went without defending a title when he held it is 7 or 8 months. You can readily check that info out for yourself.

This would also farther destroy Aspinall's interim 'title' since jones would defend against 2 different ppl before facing aspinall.

Back