Will the UFC allow Jones to hold onto the belt and duck Aspinall for two consecutive fights?

blaseblase

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Jones is set on facing Stipe and is now talking about fighting Pereira. If the UFC allows this they are fucking up the future of their heavyweight division for a short term gain. Not only that, they are wasting a year of Aspinall's prime and what could have been 2-3 title defenses.

They've done it before. They did this for Bisping and screwed over Romero for a year. But the difference is Aspinall is young and looks like the future of the division. You would think they would want to build the guy up. The obvious way to do that is to set him up to fight the legend on the verge of retirement. Or at least give him the belt and let him start defending it.

If Aspinall were to be the first guy to beat Jones it would set him up to be a big name for them. I don't see what letting Jones crush Stipe and wrestlefuck Pereira does for anyone but Jones. It's just odd considering how reluctant Dana has been in the past to let a fighter get one over on them (angry at GSP for retiring, begging Khabib to come back).

Jones is set on facing Stipe and is now talking about fighting Pereira. If the UFC allows this they are fucking up the future of their heavyweight division for a short term gain. Not only that, they are wasting a year of Aspinall's prime and what could have been 2-3 title defenses.

They've done it before. They did this for Bisping and screwed over Romero for a year. But the difference is Aspinall is young and looks like the future of the division. You would think they would want to build the guy up. The obvious way to do that is to set him up to fight the legend on the verge of retirement. Or at least give him the belt and let him start defending it.

If Aspinall were to be the first guy to beat Jones it would set him up to be a big name for them. I don't see what letting Jones crush Stipe and wrestlefuck Pereira does for anyone but Jones. It's just odd considering how reluctant Dana has been in the past to let a fighter get one over on them (angry at GSP for retiring, begging Khabib to come back).

How can one duck a fight he was never officially offered ..

Just cuz someone says hey i want to fight that guy...doesnt mean its a real fight..

This is professional fighting ...a business...

Contracted offers are the only thing that matters when talking about ducking

How can one duck a fight he was never officially offered ..

Just cuz someone says hey i want to fight that guy...doesnt mean its a real fight..

This is professional fighting ...a business...

Contracted offers are the only thing that matters when talking about ducking
You are the narrowsighted fan that Dana adores.....

Jones fighting a geriatric stipe, who hasn't won a fight in 4 years over the interim champ... whats the point of the "interim" champ or even the champ then, you cannot tell me that this is merit based or that this is for the stingy excuse of "money", Stipe was never a superstar in the ufc.

To add the cherry on the top, if he ends up fighting Poatan instead Tom afterwards thats another big fuck you to all the intermin holders in the past and the HW division. The notion of some guy being able to propel his way to a title shot because of popularity desipite only having a singular title defense in a lighter weight division and never fighting a hw....These are the clownish type antics that holds this sport back.

Jones probably will get exceptions because of his history in the sport. Not starting good with waiting for his first defense.

Jones probably will get exceptions because of his history in the sport. Not starting good with waiting for his first defense.
he's singlehandely ruining the hw division with his bullshit. its not fair for the rest of those guys working their asses off for jones to just hog the belt and fight senior citizens to get the thumbs up on his resume for this win from people that just look at espn stat pages.

I don't think jones will be fighting two more times as he is entering Priesthood soon. Meeting up with other religious leaders to achieve world peace and spread the teachings of Jesus is his true destiny.
He’s especially good at teaching that one parable about the saint who crashed his vehicle into a pregnant woman, took off running from the scene, and only went back to grab his cocaine.
Or the one about the steroid cheat who hid under an octagon for 8+ hours to avoid getting caught.
What a disciple of Jesus he is.

he's singlehandely ruining the hw division with his bullshit. its not fair for the rest of those guys working their asses off for jones to just hog the belt and fight senior citizens to get the thumbs up on his resume for this win from people that just look at espn stat pages.
To be fair the belt has been fucked at HW since Cain atleast, maybe even Randy. Every champ had issues at HW staying on top. The whole belt is cursed. It sucks to go from Ngannou sitting out his contract to Jones injury, but I'll see a real HW champ when it comes.

s-l1600.gif

They moved an entire event so Jon could still fight when he was pulsing so yeah, i have no doubt they will let him keep fighting non contenders and retired geriatrics while they make Aspinall keep defending his interim belt against killer after killer.

jon moving with aspinall like canelo moves with benavidez boo !!

The UFC has bent over again, and again for lowlife Jones.

How is Dana not the second favourite hero of Jones fans? Without Dana that asshole Jones would have been gone a LONG time ago. For his indiscretions in, and out of the cage. They cancelled a ppv for him. They moved another one on a week’s notice to a different state.

It’s bizarre how they adore Jones. But don’t have the intelligence to realize Dana enabled ALL OF IT. Including this Stipe fight, ffs.

Of course they’d allow it.

Edit.

Added some stuff.

Last edited:
At this point I feel like they might be afraid that Jones will beat Aspinall, to be honest. I agree that it doesn't make sense to protect Jon Jones at this point. He's got 1, maybe 2 fights left as a big draw. This is the time when you pit him against a young lion like Aspinall to build up the next generation.

It's always possible that Jones is ducking Aspinall, but that doesn't fit Jones personality. Jon is a narcissist, and there's no way Jon will allow himself to believe he would lose to Aspinall. I hate Jon as much as the next hater, but I just don't see Jones ducking Aspinall. I also don't see Jones going out of his way to fight Aspinall. Jon Jones wants money, so fighting big money fights makes sense for him.

If they truly allow Jones to fight Stipe and then Pereira, I can only see it being to protect Aspinall from losing to Jones, so he can be built up as the next big HW star.

No. They would if they could, but Jon's been fighting less than once/year for over a decade and doesn't even have the Stipe fight booked, and Pereira isn't sitting out a year and half for a Jones fight. I doubt he'll even be LHW champ by the time Jon signs another fight. Pereira/Aspinall fighting each other is more likely than either of them fighting Jones.

Back