Will Joanna come back humbled?

ILove4MinutesHyuna

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I remember when she first burst on to the scene she seemed like a cool girl to me. Head and shoulders above the other WAMA strikers. She was also respectful and mannered and timid her first couple of fights. Then probably during the second Gadelha fight, she started to become more outspoken. More trash talky. Less respectful. It really reached its climax with Rose. Who came across as such a sweet heart and Joanna straight up bullied her, was basically mean to her for no reason. So my question is, will she continue down this path and fully embrace the dark side? or will she go back to letting her skills do all the talking. I hope its the latter cause I'm not really willing to support her if she doubles down on her "boogeywoman" persona.

Joanna will KO thug rose. She got caught on a bad day. Mark my words, 3rd round TKO via leg kicks.

I can't see her mean mugging during staredowns until she becomes champ again.

Rose is a better fighter than JJ; beats her 4 of 5 times

Thug-Rose-Ninja-Kick.gif

JJ is def miles above Rose in terms of technique and experience she had every right to be as cocky as she was. JJ was fighting Muay Thai well before her MMA days but I think wear and tear on her chin caught up. She will need to be more technical the next time around but she can def win .

I doubt it. She is a bit like Rhonda. She has that ego that will never go away.

Fuck noooo, she is going to come out even tougher and swag a lil' harder.

That will be her doom.

I doubt it. She is a bit like Rhonda. She has that ego that will never go away.
She does have the skill to back it up. Have to go with JJ in a re-match, the way she handled that loss. She is a true champion. Loved seeing Rose get that belt though.

JJ let her head get waaaaaaay too big. She's been a mess since that loss; denial, crying after loss, blowing it off like she was lucky, etc etc. Guess she's the mental case :/

JJ let her head get waaaaaaay too big. She's been a mess since that loss; denial, crying after loss, blowing it off like she was lucky, etc etc. Guess she's the mental case :/
This is why she won't be Rose in the rematch - she knows deep down she got her soul taken

JJ said she will come back even cockier and meaner. That's fine, whatever works for you... but the real issue IMO is she needs to fix her distance management. She was swinging at air for the vast majority of the rose fight. I was shocked at how often she threw punches that weren't even close

No, she won't be "humbled" because she has lost before (in KB & MT) and will lose again. There's nothing new about Joanna being aggressive and cocky during fight week. It's her warrior persona. She was doing it before she transitioned to MMA ffs :D

Joanna's a lovely girl when she's not about to fight someone in a cage for money :)

Back