Will Holm vs Shevshenko be a good 5 round fight?

Shevchenko has no business being at 135lbs, she's very short, I think if you compared her to Tate then you'd be surprised

Another poster who said he sees her every day (probably trains with her) swears she is 5'5 as listed which is an inch shorter than Miesha/Ronda/Cat.

It'll definitely be a good one and I bet Holly won't be as complacent and will actually fire off more strikes. Not sure if she'll get the finish but I'm expecting a good fight. Shevchenko will most likely be gunning Holly down if she doesn't let the pressure of fighting a former champ in the main event on FOX get to her.

It'll be a 5 round fight. Whether it will be a good one or not is up for debate.

Another poster who said he sees her every day (probably trains with her) swears she is 5'5 as listed which is an inch shorter than Miesha/Ronda/Cat.
She's seemed noticeably out sized in both of her fights where both of her opponents were smaller and physically weaker than Holm, don't take the listed height so serious a lot of the time it's way off. If she was a legit 135lber she would have been able to close the distance against Nunes in the first 2 rounds before Nunes ran out of gas, there's no path to victory for her in this fight.

Definitely can be. Valentina can steal some rounds but I see Holly winning. If Valentina can mix in her grappling we saw in the Kaufman fight, she can win it. Easier said than done though especially after she's fought Kaufman who trains with Holly.

It will be interesting.

I'd like to get your thoughts @ghostmann ! ;)

Hahaha. I think it will be a great fight.

She's seemed noticeably out sized in both of her fights where both of her opponents were smaller and physically weaker than Holm, don't take the listed height so serious a lot of the time it's way off. If she was a legit 135lber she would have been able to close the distance against Nunes in the first 2 rounds before Nunes ran out of gas, there's no path to victory for her in this fight.

Best height comparison pic I could find of her and Kaufman:

Sarah-Kaufman-vs-660x400.jpg

Kaufman is thicker but that's a different issue, Kaufman is known to be a big BW (in weight) anyway.

I'm not picking Valentina over Holm or anything, I'd probably have Holm as a 2-1 favorite but your impression of her shortness is overblown, it seems completely based on Nunes (who is listed as 5'8) towering over her. She's not a midget at BW, Holly is a very big BW though.

Best height comparison pic I could find of her and Kaufman:

Sarah-Kaufman-vs-660x400.jpg

Kaufman is thicker but that's a different issue, Kaufman is known to be a big BW (in weight) anyway.

I'm not picking Valentina over Holm or anything, I'd probably have Holm as a 2-1 favorite but your impression of her shortness is overblown, it seems completely based on Nunes (who is listed as 5'8) towering over her. She's not a midget at BW.
Kaufman is one of the shorter bantamweights isn't she? Not really sure but the difference maker is that size differently affects your style of fighting, Shevchenko who is a Muay Thai fighter who likes to get in the clinch and make it a dirty fight but because she's one of the smaller women in the division she struggles to close the distance which would really work against her if she fights any of the top 5, she is a bona fide 125lber, going to be pretty crazy to think she will have fought the 2 best strikers in the UFC across both weight classes.

They are really trying to "kill" one of these... both could fight for the title.

They wanna get rid of Holly, I think she will outpoint her though through distance managing against a muay thai fighter. I like valentina a lot though as well.

Kaufman is one of the shorter bantamweights isn't she? Not really sure but the difference maker is that size differently affects your style of fighting, Shevchenko who is a Muay Thai fighter who likes to get in the clinch and make it a dirty fight but because she's one of the smaller women in the division she struggles to close the distance which would really work against her if she fights any of the top 5, she is a bona fide 125lber, going to be pretty crazy to think she will have fought the 2 best strikers in the UFC across both weight classes.

Kaufman is 5'5 so she's slightly on the shorter side but not ridiculously so like Nakai or Andrade. You might be right when it comes to the taller strikers like Holm and Nunes but there isn't a huge height difference between Valentina and the other 3 top 5's. If anything she might be under-weight for the division like Tate was pre-bulk when she walked around at 142, she could stand to gain some bulk.

After Rotterdam you'll have a proper super short BW to talk about again since Elmose is 5'3 fighting a 5'9 De Randamie lol.

Also Shevchenko should fight Jessica Eye, both under-weight BW strikers. Shev would finally get to fight someone her size while Eye would finally fight another striker lol.

Also Shevchenko should fight Jessica Eye, both under-weight BW strikers. Shev would finally get to fight someone her size while Eye would finally fight another striker lol.
Eye vs. Shevchenko would be a decent fight but I can't see Eye getting passed McMann and I don't see Shevchenko getting passed Holm either so it could be a good fight late 2016, so weird that they gave Shevchenko a fight like Holm when they're both coming off losses, Shevchenko could be built up and used for European cards, she should have got the Pennington fight.

I like all fights to be 5 rounders, but especially striker vs striker matchups. 3 rounds is way too short sometimes for the better striker to establish his superiority, allow body shots, low kicks, etc to become a factor.

What?!

They have Cyborg and Ronda and they match Holm up with this lady?!

Fire Joe Silva.

Based on what we have seen from both recently, yes .. this match up has the makings of a boring stale mate between two hesitant counter strikers who will mostly stare at each other while feinting for most of the fight.

Of course I hope it does not actually go down like that, but right now I have no reason to believe that it won't ..

You would think Holm should win this,but who knows,most people dont wanna stand too long with valentina,now she has this chance,im curious to see how it will go

Shevchenko has no business being at 135lbs, she's very short, I think if you compared her to Tate then you'd be surprised, Shevchenko fighting at WBW is like Benson fighting at WW, she'll maybe find some sort of success against the lower ranked girls of the division but against the elite the size difference is too much, she has no path to victory against anybody in the top 5.

She is not very short o_O She is 5' 5", one inch shorter than the current champ ...

What?!

They have Cyborg and Ronda and they match Holm up with this lady?!

Fire Joe Silva.

Holm turned down that fight when it was offered to her i believe. She is trying to get her title back,not take a fight at a weightclass with no belt

She is not very short o_O She is 5' 5", one inch shorter than the current champ ...
Size affects style, don't take her height that's listed by the UFC so seriously, she's about 5"4 and Tate is about 5"6. She looked much more undersized against Nunes than Tate will.

Size affects style, don't take her height that's listed by the UFC so seriously, she's about 5"4 and Tate is about 5"6. She looked much more undersized against Nunes than Tate will.

And Claudia Gadelha is 5' 3"/4" and Joanna Jedrzejczyk is 5' 6" .. I mean, that is just a nonsensical argument and point, and I can't believe that you are seriously trying to make that stick o_O

Valerie is not short, she is a legit 5' 5", and she is certainly not too short for BW. If this was a men's fight we would not even be talking about this ..

And Claudia Gadelha is 5' 3"/4" and Joanna Jedrzejczyk is 5' 6" .. I mean, that is just a nonsensical argument and point, and I can't believe that you are seriously trying to make that stick o_O

Valerie is not short, she is a legit 5' 5", and she is certainly not too short for BW. If this was a men's fight we would not even be talking about this ..
SIZE AFFECTS STYLE, Claudia Gadelha is a powerhouse and her height helps her ability to change levels so quick to shoot for a takedown which is also the case for Tate, because of Shevchenkos size disadvantage to Holm she'll be stuck in dead space trying & failing to close the distance while Holm is just jabbing and circling her way to a UD, Shevchenko has nothing for the top 5 at BW because her size puts her at a disadvantage due to her style. Why are you talking about Valerie? This is a conversation about Valentina.

Back