will hendricks get better or worse from that ass whooping wonderboy gave him..

I gave hendricks the GSP fight when I watched it live.

however, I did not give him the second lawler fight, because he got t-bagged the entire time. if he was in any other sport im sure his ball control would be appreciated. but not in mma

When he lost to Rick Story, he went on a win streak before losing to gsp. he then picked one up and then dropped one to lawler as I said before this happened

3CwdvpPYKDLEI.gif

hendricks came back from decision losses, but this was the first time he was stopped and it was brutal.

what happened when he lost to gsp? he cried. Okay, close fight, big moment taken away, I get it.

when he lost to lawler? Cried. okay, maybe you really thought holding on to legs is what wins fights.

when he lost to Wonderboy? Cried, and even said wonderboy "ran", when he literally destroyed Johnny in a round.

Can hendricks really come back from that, especially being perhaps the weakest fighter mentally in the UFC ever?

Hendricks, has lost his edge. He is no where, near close to the lion, that he used to be. Probably will never be the old self again...

Completely agree with everything you said. And when GSP walks away, and mentions poor drug testing being one main reason, I do think he is (mostly) referring specifically to Johny. Like he knows something we don't.

I think he was referring specifically to a lot of people

I don't know. Depends if he'll be past 70%. Or maybe he'll get the right training partners this time. Or maybe he can get thicker hand wraps.

Yeah quite perplexed by his decision there. Seems he would have been well served getting into a gym with some other coaches after his last performance. His decision making has always been questionable tho.

One interesting note from the Submission Radio interview - he made a point to say he was sparring frequently, as opposed to his Wonderboy preparation, where he ironically hardly sparred at all.

If anything if will probably make him want to hump the leg even more now.

I think at this point his problems are mental. Physically, he never looked better heading into the fight with Wonderboy

hendricks-500x550-1454514100.png

He's done. His only advantage is power and he can't pull the trigger anymore.

Hard to say.

Sometimes a loss like that is the beginning of the end for a fighter.

I dislike his style and character but I wish him the best

The problem for Hendricks was leaving his camp/focusing on making weight. He'll be better but it has nothing to do with thomas, rather his adjustment to his new camp and being comfortable making weight. I'll bet Sig or money if anyone's interested

I think he beats Gastelum.

Gastelum is gonna take what little soul he has.

I don't know. Depends if he'll be past 70%. Or maybe he'll get the right training partners this time. Or maybe he can get thicker hand wraps.
He actually left his camp so training partners we're likely a problem. Hendricks v Condit/ gsp/lawler 1 even lawler 2 besides the ducking stuff ? Hendricks gets alot of undeserved hate he's had plenty of times were has shown up and performed great and maybe 10% of the time he hasnt

If Hendricks gets his weight cutting in check, yes, its not like he's past his prime... He just needs to let his body adjust to the IV ban, and he needs to control himself better between fights.

It may be BS... but I think that taking away IV f*cked Hendrix up... He hazn't looked the same since. Not just fighting... but even just the way he looks. he looks flushed.

Now that he'z got his diet coach & iz getting better at it... I hope to see him back in full form. I don't think we got to see the real Hendrix against Wonderboy honesty. He'll be back if he can get his weight cut straight.

Not taking anything away from Thompson though.

Very true!. you know what would be such a easier solution to all of this?.is if he goes to MW, it would make life so much easier!.

Very true!. you know what would be such a easier solution to all of this?.is if he goes to MW, it would make life so much easier!.
Great call! I've wondered why he doesn't do that. Got to think he doesn't want anything to do with that division!

gif scared.gif

Great call! I've wondered why he doesn't do that. Got to think he doesn't want anything to do with that division!

View attachment 113207
HAHA Spongebob is back!! brings back memories of when me and you dressed up as Spongebob and Patrick, remember that? haha fun times!!.

Yeah he might be a little short for MW but I was thinking will it hurt him any more than this crazy drastic weight class where he has no energy left??..

tumblr_inline_n43d7xwoSX1qj2u6c.gif

Back