News Wilder vs Zhang

I think they’re a bad match up for each other in some ways. Zhang is southpaw, hits very hard and is technically a good boxer.

Even though wilder is absolutely awful he has a decent chance against anyone with slow feet, and zhang is a plodder with a huge head/target. This is why he looked great against brezealle, helanius, and why he finally caught Ortiz in their 2 fights. However zhang hits harder and is way more proven than any of those guys. The fact that wilder is long and his signature punch is the straight right, is also beneficial against a southpaw though he probably won’t have the longer reach, which he usually always does have

I wouldn’t pick against zhang though, he probably catches and ko’s him within a few rounds, but wilder will always have a chance of catching him the longer the fight goes. If wilder gets past the half way point, I’d possibly favour him from there?

My guess is this fight won’t happen. Wilders spent his whole career following the path of least resistance. Even Parker looked done after Joyce battered him which is probably why wilder agreed to their fight. If wilder is gonna take a risk, I think this is more winnable than hrgovic or rematching Parker because of zhangs slow feet. However I think Parker vs zhang may be more likely and would be a much better fight as well

I would think Zhang would also use the clinch and his size to tire Wilder out like Fury did.

I would think Zhang would also use the clinch and his size to tire Wilder out like Fury did.

Yeah he could but he doesn’t have the foot speed of fury or Parker when closing the distance so could get caught on the way in? And being a long rangey southpaw gives him plenty of opportunity to counter wilders right hand, and a bit more time to react to it

If they fight who knows what strategy he’ll employ. Fury got the better of wilder fighting on the back foot in the 1st fight and being aggressive in the next 2. Zhang can do the same, he’s a far better fighter. Just not sure which is the riskiest strategy?

Hmm I will take Zhang after Wilders last performance. But will never completely write Wilder off.

Last edited:
This is sounding like a crazy card if true. Hrgovic vs Sanchez would be really interesting but with how long it's going to be for any of them to get a title shot they may be trying to build towards that.
Hrgovic vs Dubois … yeah … at this moment this guys I don’t think they are even remembering the title picture … just focus is the ridiculous money Saudis are paying … since they don’t know for how long they are going to do this …

Hrgovic vs Dubois … yeah … at this moment this guys I don’t think they are even remembering the title picture … just focus is the ridiculous money Saudis are paying … since they don’t know for how long they are going to do this …
Speaking of money, do you know about how much guys like Hrgovic and Dubois are making from the Saudis?

What a card. Biev vs Biv is one to tune in for by itself. Hrovic vs Dubois is perfect as well to see were they stand.
Hate to say it but Dubois is def back into contention after his last performances. If he takes out philip another shot at the title is justified imo.

Against Wilder? I doubt it, Zhang could repeat the clinch strategy Fury used and Wilder's a small HW and Zhang is huge, all that weight on him would wear out Wilder faster.
Wilder's plenty strong though, it's not like he's a weakling and that doing this will cause zero effort by Zhang who himself has some of the worst cardio if not the worst among ranked heavyweights. I've also never seen Zhang do this in any fight, and he's a very lazy guy. I wouldn't expect him to employ a tactic like this that he's never really done before

Back