Why would Conor think he's worth 20 mil or more a fight?

I do not care about anything but the best fighting the best. I don’t care how much money he makes or the shit talk. Actions speak louder than words. He is a LW that fights smaller guys. Both Conor and his fans think that makes him the best. It does not and I hope he does fight Tony and Khabib but he is making it difficult.

It is funny that he is ready for Edgar who at this point is a contender but not defending his belt at LW. Please tell me I’m wrong. I’m done with the talk and it is about what have you done and what are you going to do. He knows Tony and Khabib can put an end to his overhyped status.

I don’t hate Conor I just think he has done very little to prove he is the best. He is a reality tv superstar no doubt and that not fighting is why he has made so much money.
So in this post you just discredited
Aldo
Holloway
Alvarez
Poirier
Nate

Terrible resume right there huh.
Hate on conor all you like but thats a badass resume

Lol yeah ok ... nate is the one who drew those numbers for sure
Wait he got a million ppv many times didnt he ..,
Fuck off
thats-just-like-my-opinion-man.jpg

What are you basing this on? I'm open to changing my opinion, if so, because everything I've seen seemed to indicate he made something in the vicinity of 100 million - do you have sources?
yes

mystic UL who has never been wrong

And FYI TS, Conor was reportedly making around 30 million in his last UFC performances. Diaz apparently made in the ball park 15 for his last outing. Mind you, yes, this was before he was champ-champ, MayMac happened and he then became the most searched athlete on the whole planet last year, ya dummy.

So in this post you just discredited
Aldo
Holloway
Alvarez
Poirier
Nate

Terrible resume right there huh.
Hate on conor all you like but thats a badass resume

I never said he had a terrible resume. He is a very good fighter but his size is his greatest advantage. You do understand this right? 99% of his career has been spent fighting smaller guys. We have never seen him fight an elite fighter that was not smaller than he is. By the way Nate still has the better of him.

I never said he had a terrible resume. He is a very good fighter but his size is his greatest advantage. You do understand this right? 99% of his career has been spent fighting smaller guys. We have never seen him fight an elite fighter that was not smaller than he is. By the way Nate still has the better of him.
Ok so now going on this point an elite fighter that was not smaller than he is. Hes never missed weight dummy thats the whole point of weight classes.
We get it you dont like Conor but he is a superstar no matter how you look at it

Conor makes what he makes because of the UFC, not in spite of it.

They built a successful brand from nothing and it went international. It's far more valuable than any fighter.

It's not like Conor walked in and they're just riding his coattails. Sure, he sells well and is wildly popular. He's paid incredibly well for that. However, every opportunity he's has comes at a cost, and if it was going to work your way, maybe the UFC could have spread those opportunities around and not put all their eggs in his basket. Then he'd be worth a fraction of what he's worth now.
UFC is a promoter. They book shows, produce shows, book promo tours and makes promo videos. The talent have to do the actual promotion behind the mic and build their and the UFCs brand by being charismatic. Its prooven time and time again that fighters who only show up to media dont become stars. Conor has put in more promo work than any other UFC fighter ever has. He gives it 100% and no one else is even close! Why should the promoter who only books shit but dont do the actual promo get most of the money? NBA pays out 50% to their talent, why is that unfair in Conor situation when its ok in NBA?

you should step in the room during theyr negotiation saying "enough with this bullshit!" and explain what's going to happen

they will either agree with you or call the security wich wil punch you behind the ear and throw you off the building

50/50
I would pay to watch this over ANY ufc card. You should start your own network. Would support 10/10.

Ok so now going on this point an elite fighter that was not smaller than he is. Hes never missed weight dummy thats the whole point of weight classes.
We get it you dont like Conor but he is a superstar no matter how you look at it

I don’t recall saying he missed weight. How about you try to read and understand my posts? I don’t hate Conor I just want to see him fight top guys that are his size. He is the LW champion that is not defending against the top guys. He would rather drop down and fight a smaller CONTENDER than defend his title at LW. I think everyone should have a problem with that.

And boxing will continue to have a greater talent pool, better fights and better athletes. Makes sense, it's a better sport.

Things are usually a lot more complex than they appear at first glance.

Compared to MMA, boxing is incredibly cheap to start training. It's taught to young boys in most western cultures in a way MMA will most certainly never be. I've heard that the number of professional boxers who make less than nothing is astronomical.

I don't know.

Boxing has more than a century of history. MMA as we know it is practically brand new.

UFC is a promoter. They book shows, produce shows, book promo tours and makes promo videos. The talent have to do the actual promotion behind the mic and build their and the UFCs brand by being charismatic. Its prooven time and time again that fighters who only show up to media dont become stars. Conor has put in more promo work than any other UFC fighter ever has. He gives it 100% and no one else is even close! Why should the promoter who only books shit but dont do the actual promo get most of the money? NBA pays out 50% to their talent, why is that unfair in Conor situation when its ok in NBA?

You're massively underestimating exactly what it is that the UFC does. Zuffa took a huge risk, invested heavily, lost a huge amount of money initially, and CREATED the North American MMA market. They spread the brand globally. They're the only reason Conor had a platform to show the world who he is.

I also think Conor makes a hell of a lot more money than any other fighter as a result of that effort he puts in (and his skill in the octagon), so it seems to be working. Pay across the board has been rising steadily every year despite the fact Sherdog never fails to shout about how the cards are crap and the UFC is dying.

The UFC doesn't just "book the shit". If you're a young fighter with decent but not exceptional skills and make it to a UFC prelim, and only fight there once before returning to regionals, your value TRIPLES in the regionals because you can be billed as a UFC fighter. UFC is the most meaningful brand in the sport, and it's power. Zuffa built that. If not for them, almost nobody would know who Conor is, and he'd make peanuts.

I don't think it's fair to compare the UFC to MMA, on many levels, at least for now. You're taking one of the major sports that has been around forever, a sport whose revenue DWARFS that of MMA, and comparing it to a brand new sport that is still mostly niche.

1.5m PPV buys * $65 = $97.5m PPV revenue / 2 = $49m just from PPV for the UFC.

Conor deserves at least $20m of that if not more.

Things are usually a lot more complex than they appear at first glance.

Compared to MMA, boxing is incredibly cheap to start training. It's taught to young boys in most western cultures in a way MMA will most certainly never be. I've heard that the number of professional boxers who make less than nothing is astronomical.

I don't know.

Boxing has more than a century of history. MMA as we know it is practically brand new.
It will never have the traction that boxing will, but when a guy like Rory is making $100k, it sure as hell isn't enough incentive for plus athletes to invest their time. The average boxer doesn't make much more than the average UFC fighter, but the ceiling is infinitely higher, so those with aspirations of being great still have more incentive to become boxers... or really any other sport.

Sherdog where dumb people pulling numbers out of their own asses. Love it.

Back