Why potential Indian fighters won't make it to the UFC

I am an Australian and I have a few indian colleagues at work. I believe I can weigh in on this matter. Indians from certain states seem strong and tall on average like the punjabis and some Tamils. People from other states in the east and west india seem far weaker on average. The punjabis in particular are very strong people but they do lack stamina in my opinion. Even in cricket I don't recall them have genuine pace bowlers. Lot of these people are vegetarian and have poor diets. They also do arranged marriages and often tend to marry within their communities. Sometimes they even marry their own relatives and it has been proven by various medical studies that offsprings of inter family marriages has a high chance of being diagnosed with cystic fibrosis. Anyway from my observations, Indians lack interest in sport on average, have poor diets which has been adhered to religiously for centuries now and has clearly impacted their athleticism. However like I said before Indians from certain states are big, strong and tough. They do have some good wrestlers who have done well recently in the world wrestling championships. They need to change their attitude towards sport because most schools in india probably don't have access to proper facilities and infrastructure to conduct sporting events.
they do have a large population however they have a very small talent pool to choose from because not many have the time to play sport as they are too busy being nerds. It's actually very true. In Australia, I have noticed the younger generation of indians do seem to have a lot more interest in sport. As far as I know they aren't quite involved in mma but Moreso in boxing, football, cricket and hockey.
if Mexicans and Chinese people can do well in combat sports then I am sure anyone can.

Indians gonna Indian. They have the worst genetics in the world bar none when it comes to elite athletic ability

What makes you say they have "the worst genetics".

Did you go and observe,.meaaure them or are you relying on the stereotypes?
I'm willing to bet the latter.

Btw India has a bunch of pretty different ethnic groups.

haha hes a cunt but man is he run scoring machine...how you think hes gonna do down under this time?

He’ll do just fine, he’s the best bat in the world, hope they don’t prepare all of those fucking flat pitches for him again.

I am an Australian and I have a few indian colleagues at work. I believe I can weigh in on this matter. Indians from certain states seem strong and tall on average like the punjabis and some Tamils. People from other states in the east and west india seem far weaker on average. The punjabis in particular are very strong people but they do lack stamina in my opinion. Even in cricket I don't recall them have genuine pace bowlers. Lot of these people are vegetarian and have poor diets. They also do arranged marriages and often tend to marry within their communities. Sometimes they even marry their own relatives and it has been proven by various medical studies that offsprings of inter family marriages has a high chance of being diagnosed with cystic fibrosis. Anyway from my observations, Indians lack interest in sport on average, have poor diets which has been adhered to religiously for centuries now and has clearly impacted their athleticism. However like I said before Indians from certain states are big, strong and tough. They do have some good wrestlers who have done well recently in the world wrestling championships. They need to change their attitude towards sport because most schools in india probably don't have access to proper facilities and infrastructure to conduct sporting events.
they do have a large population however they have a very small talent pool to choose from because not many have the time to play sport as they are too busy being nerds. It's actually very true. In Australia, I have noticed the younger generation of indians do seem to have a lot more interest in sport. As far as I know they aren't quite involved in mma but Moreso in boxing, football, cricket and hockey.
if Mexicans and Chinese people can do well in combat sports then I am sure anyone can.

Mate only a punjabi himself would make a post like this. i am aussie too and we all know indians are weak and unathletic. punjabis are the ones with the biggest egos and little to show so i am not surprised one of you would make a self comforting comment

Its genetics and supported by science. There may be the odd outlier or exception but on average they are predisposed to being less atheltic. The studies conducted in new zealand and canada the samples were punjabis so there goes your theory

Mean lean muscle mass (kg)

black males = 65.6kg

White males = 62 kg

Hispanic males = 59.9 kg

Asian males = 59.6 kg

Indian males = 53.3 kg

Body mass index bias in defining obesity of diverse young adults: the Training Intervention and Genetics of Exercise Response (TIGER) Study
Andrew S. Jackson,1,* Kenneth J. Ellis,2 Brian K. McFarlin,1 Mary H. Sailors,2 and Molly S. Bray2
Author information Copyright and License information Disclaimer

Canadian study with punjabi or north indian sample

"At any given body fat mass value, South Asians had significantly less lean mass than each of the three other groups after adjustment for age, height, humerus breadth, smoking status, physical activity, and diet. Aboriginal, Chinese, and European men had 3.42 kg [95% confidence interval (CI) = 1.55–5.29], 3.01 kg (95% CI = 1.33–4.70), and 3.57 kg (95% CI = 1.82–5.33) more lean mass than South Asian men at a given total fat mass, respectively"

Ethnic Variation in Fat and Lean Body Mass and the Association with Insulin Resistance
Scott A. Lear Simi Kohli Gregory P. Bondy André Tchernof Allan D. Sniderman
The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism, Volume 94, Issue 12, 1 December 2009, Pages 4696–4702

Study from NORTH INDIA

"Asian Indians tend to have more abdominal adipose tissue, less lean body mass (LBM) and higher magnitude of insulin resistance (IR) despite falling in the normal range of body mass index (BMI) [1]. The high value of waist hip ratio in Asian Indians may be due to less lean mass of the hips and greater fat at the levels of waist [2]. Another study showed that Asian Indian men have low muscle mass and 30% more total body fat (BF) than other ethnic groups [3]. Low lean mass is also evident in Asian Indian neonates as compared to white Caucasian neonates [4]."

Association of the Myostatin Gene with Obesity, Abdominal Obesity and Low Lean Body Mass and in Non-Diabetic Asian Indians in North India

• Surya Prakash Bhatt, Priyanka Nigam, Anoop Misra , Randeep Guleria, Kalpana Luthra, S. K. Jain,

"Asian Indians had more fat, both total and in the abdominal region, with less lean mass, skeletal muscle and bone mineral than all other ethnic groups"

Body size, body composition and fat distribution: comparative analysis of European, Maori, Pacific Island and Asian Indian adults.
Rush EC1, Freitas I, Plank LD

STUDY FROM NEW ZEALAND WHERE MOST THE INDIAN POPULATION IS PUNJABI

"Asian Indians have different body phenotype from Europeans (36). The major differences are in high
body fat, high truncal, subcutaneous and intra-abdominal fat, and low muscle mass."

Ethnicity and type 2 diabetes in Asian Indian migrants in Auckland, New Zealand
Jowitt Ljiljana
University of Auckland, Department of Surgery, Auckland, New Zealand

Mate only a punjabi himself would make a post like this. i am aussie too and we all know indians are weak and unathletic. punjabis are the ones with the biggest egos and little to show so i am not surprised one of you would make a self comforting comment

Its genetics and supported by science. There may be the odd outlier or exception but on average they are predisposed to being less atheltic. The studies conducted in new zealand and canada the samples were punjabis so there goes your theory

black males = 65.6kg

White males = 62 kg

Hispanic males = 59.9 kg

Asian males = 59.6 kg

Indian males = 53.3 kg

Body mass index bias in defining obesity of diverse young adults: the Training Intervention and Genetics of Exercise Response (TIGER) Study
Andrew S. Jackson,1,* Kenneth J. Ellis,2 Brian K. McFarlin,1 Mary H. Sailors,2 and Molly S. Bray2

"At any given body fat mass value, South Asians had significantly less lean mass than each of the three other groups after adjustment for age, height, humerus breadth, smoking status, physical activity, and diet. Aboriginal, Chinese, and European men had 3.42 kg [95% confidence interval (CI) = 1.55–5.29], 3.01 kg (95% CI = 1.33–4.70), and 3.57 kg (95% CI = 1.82–5.33) more lean mass than South Asian men at a given total fat mass, respectively"

Ethnic Variation in Fat and Lean Body Mass and the Association with Insulin Resistance
The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism, Volume 94, Issue 12, 1 December 2009, Pages 4696–4702

Study from NORTH INDIA

"Asian Indians tend to have more abdominal adipose tissue, less lean body mass (LBM) and higher magnitude of insulin resistance (IR) despite falling in the normal range of body mass index (BMI) [1]. The high value of waist hip ratio in Asian Indians may be due to less lean mass of the hips and greater fat at the levels of waist [2]. Another study showed that Asian Indian men have low muscle mass and 30% more total body fat (BF) than other ethnic groups [3]. Low lean mass is also evident in Asian Indian neonates as compared to white Caucasian neonates [4]."

Association of the Myostatin Gene with Obesity, Abdominal Obesity and Low Lean Body Mass and in Non-Diabetic Asian Indians in North India

• Surya Prakash Bhatt, Priyanka Nigam, Anoop Misra , Randeep Guleria, Kalpana Luthra, S. K. Jain,

"Asian Indians had more fat, both total and in the abdominal region, with less lean mass, skeletal muscle and bone mineral than all other ethnic groups"

Body size, body composition and fat distribution: comparative analysis of European, Maori, Pacific Island and Asian Indian adults.

"Asian Indians have different body phenotype from Europeans (36). The major differences are in high
body fat, high truncal, subcutaneous and intra-abdominal fat, and low muscle mass."

Jowitt Ljiljana

lol nha. I am in brisbane and i am literally surrounded by asians and indians in my suburb. I am kiwi but i was born in australia.
lol I am not surprised. look at what they eat. curry and all that fried stuff isn't going to build muscle and make you explosive/fast for sport.. Like I said even in cricket they don't have one genuine fast bowler iirc. Even if they did that said bowler can never bowl fast for long periods. It's because of their diet. Lot of them are vegetarians and eat crappy food.
punjabis are tall and strong dude. I have seen too many tall punjabis. the ones from other states seem average.

lol at that study having Hispanics at an average of around 59 kilos of lean muscle. Some of the biggest pipsqueaks in the world are Hispanic people. They so have good stamina though due to all that beans and burritos. Have you ever seen a naturally big strong ripped Hispanic? very rarely.
Asnyway, kiwis are the biggest guys naturally. On average islanders are stronger than any other race on this planet.

lol nha. I am in brisbane and i am literally surrounded by asians and indians in my suburb. I am kiwi but i was born in australia.
lol I am not surprised. look at what they eat. curry and all that fried stuff isn't going to build muscle and make you explosive/fast for sport.. Like I said even in cricket they don't have one genuine fast bowler iirc. Even if they did that said bowler can never bowl fast for long periods. It's because of their diet. Lot of them are vegetarians and eat crappy food.
punjabis are tall and strong dude. I have seen too many tall punjabis. the ones from other states seem average.

lol at that study having Hispanics at an average of around 59 kilos of lean muscle. Some of the biggest pipsqueaks in the world are Hispanic people. They so have good stamina though due to all that beans and burritos. Have you ever seen a naturally big strong ripped Hispanic? very rarely.
Asnyway, kiwis are the biggest guys naturally. On average islanders are stronger than any other race on this planet.

I was actually born in wellington and am part cook islander. And yes islanders are on average the strongest

but you are wrong about punjabis, they are tall but they lack explosiveness, power and speed. they are very weak for their size. Me and my mates have had many brawls with bouncers and it is the islanders and wogs that are the hardest to fight. punjabis are piss weak to be honest, they just look big, they got glass jaws aswell and are very slow.
regarding hispanics there are heaps of athletic hispanics, there is a reason they excel at mma and boxing. can't say the same about these MYTHICAL punjabis. Always here about them from indians but they only seem to exist in bollywood and in their own imaginations

type into youtube punjabi fights. of dozens of videos none of these guys can fight. no speed, no coordination and no explosiveness. they are always ganging up on people because they can't fight

type into youtube mexican fights, alot of these guys are out of shape but are explosive, tought and can fight

mexico alone has had more boxing champions than 1.7 billion south asians

I refuse to believe you are a kiwi. Maybe an indian kiwi. there is no way a white kiwi or maori would say a nindian or punjabi is strong. almost laughable really

Last edited:
I was actually born in wellington and am part cook islander. And yes islanders are on average the strongest

but you are wrong about punjabis, they are tall but they lack explosiveness, power and speed. they are very weak for their size. Me and my mates have had many brawls with bouncers and it is the islanders and wogs that are the hardest to fight. punjabis are piss weak to be honest, they just look big, they got glass jaws aswell and are very slow.
regarding hispanics there are heaps of athletic hispanics, there is a reason they excel at mma and boxing. can't say the same about these MYTHICAL punjabis. Always here about them from indians but they only seem to exist in bollywood and in their own imaginations

type into youtube punjabi fights. of dozens of videos none of these guys can fight. no speed, no coordination and no explosiveness. they are always ganging up on people because they can't fight

type into youtube mexican fights, alot of these guys are out of shape but are explosive, tought and can fight

I refuse to believe you are a kiwi. Maybe an indian kiwi. there is no way a white kiwi or maori would say a nindian or punjabi is strong. almost laughable really

Bro I am kiwi. Believe what you want. I have no reason to lie to you about my ethnicity. My mum is from neway though.
Hispanics are weak. That's why they only excel in lower weight classes. They are not naturally big and strong like islanders. No race is. That a fact. white kiwis are weak compared to real Maoris. Hispanics are tough because they live in a rough environment. They are tough and know how to fight. that's the difference. physically they are weak. wogs like Italians, turks, Lebanese and Maltese people are all physically weak. They get bullied in every sport. Hunting in packs doesnt make them strong lol.
Regarding punjabis, maybe you are right. I am just going off what I have seen. The few indian buddies I have are punjabi and they are physically strong because I have seen what they can do in the gym. They can lift heavy. I never mentioned about them being tough and skilled. Totally different topic. They lack the heart, skill and toughness to fight. However in terms of physicality, the ones I have seen at strong. They lack explosiveness and speed because they have poor diets. look at what they eat. I agree with you there.

Yeah an Aussie guy died a couple years ago because he took one straight to the neck. Its actually a prettty technical sport but its fun watching a guy bowl a 95-100 mph and try to take another guys head off people dont normally die but it seems to cause serious psychological damage because thats a hard ball coming at your face and most batsmen actually find a way to smash those ones.
Haha, crazy man. If it's anything like an Indian rubber ball (lacrosse) I sure as fuck wouldn't want to get hit by it at that speed, things are hard as hell!!

Biggeat thing is diet. South asian diet is very carb and calorie heavy with loads of sugar in each one of there sweets along with very little protein

Its a day and night difference in terms of fitness with south asians who have a good healthy diet vs typical south asian diet

You have to be French to perfectly execute that technique.
giphy.gif
He's Algerian...

black males = 65.6kg

White males = 62 kg

Hispanic males = 59.9 kg

Asian males = 59.6 kg

Indian males = 53.3 kg

Study from NORTH INDIA

Jowitt Ljiljana

I honestly think it's the vegetarian diet they have been on for hundreds and hundreds of years. A man needs his steak and liver!

indian diet is so carb heavy calories heavy so that needs to be fixed

but they have a lot of wrestlers from the state of Haryana rising in the last decade and boxers as well

Haryana has a very blue color farm and labour working culture. they make up less then 2 percent of india population but make up more then 95 percent of the international wrestlers and boxers that come out india

Back