Why potential Indian fighters won't make it to the UFC

Clearly that research didn't include Satish Jha.

The man would single handedly raise the average of every metric measured by a standard deviation.

d5077b2ccd02edccc508c3d401ed9823.jpeg

The current One FC Middleweight and LHW double-champ is from my country, Burma.

Untapped talent pool there guys.

Large head, large bones and fast twitch mussles...
Rednecks of SE Asia.

Forget India,...go 100 miles next door and ya boys are waitin for that Gold.

I'm Indian (born and raised in America, though) and have lived in India for months at a time, so I might as well give a response. (Tl;Dr is at the bottom)

- Indians don't give a shit about sports other than cricket. And unlike China, India doesn't care much about getting medals in the Olympics and other major competitions.

- Even if India had the GOAT A-level athlete, it wouldn't matter because:
1. His parents will most likely push him away from sports as a youth so he can focus on his grades.
2. If he's from the countryside like the vast majority of Indians, he'll probably end up a farmer like his parents. Pursuing sports costs money, while most Indians are literally on the verge of starvation.
3. If he lives in the city, he's probably from the slums and has barely any opportunity to escape extreme poverty, much less pursue a sport.
4. If he's from a family with money, he'll be pushed to a stable job (aka doctor of engineer, which are the only two options Indian parents allow haha).
5. If the athlete is a girl, she'll be kept from sports because of her gender.
6. Corruption is rampant in even lower level sports. Many times the athlete who pays off his superior the most is allowed to progress, NOT the one with the best performance and results.

- The Indian diet really is shit for athletics. Many Indians are vegetarians, and even if they consume meat, it's a small amount. We do not consume much protein, which is reflected in our bodies.

- India can be good in other sports if it wanted to be. India was into field hockey and went undefeated in the Olympics from 1928 to 1960 with six gold medals, I believe. Now India doesn't care about field hockey, and we suck at it.

Tl;dr: If LeBron, Ronaldo, and Ronda were born in India, then LeBron would be a rice farmer, Ronaldo would be forced to be a doctor by his parents (or risk getting disowned), and Ronda would be married off at age 15 to some 40 year old dude. You'd never hear of them.

That was great! The end was the best.

More American parents should force their kids to become Dr’s and engineers instead of becoming some crappy aspiring fighter and crying about fighter pay on social media after they finally make the “big show” LoL

I agree that Indians will never make it to the UFC. But that video isn't why.

They are too far behind in every sport except cricket. They don't play sports growing up and they have the worst diets outside 3rd world Africa.

I plan on going to India for my first 5 fights to get a good unbeaten streak going.
There is 2 of Indians in the ufc, and one of them was born and raised in india and I believe trains out of India also. Indian isn’t at the level yet where they can compete at the highest level of mma, but I do believe there will be more Indians in the ufc 1 day. People say the same thing to Chinese fighters but look what the Chinese r doing in the ufc atm. Their literally fucking up White people and Brazilians in the ufc lol.

Indians gonna Indian. They have the worst genetics in the world bar none when it comes to elite athletic ability

Indians are the most unathletiv race on the planet. There is a reason the only sport they compete on is cricket (a non-athletic sport)
True. Disorganized and undisciplined are two other adjectives that I would add when referring to Indians as athletes regarding mma.

I dunno why everyone posts the Cain leg extensions gif... I have done a million leg extensions like that and have never had any issues, they are an excellent supplement to squats and perfectly safe

Oh wait, no one on Sherdog lifts

Just when you think cain velasquez training methods were damaging
9JOf1nv.gif

Potential fighters training in muay thai in Hyderabad India. This fucking coach is worse than Edmond. At least Edmond would say head movement, this guy "Naveed" be like head first to his students.

Enjoy ripping this apart.

I thought it was fake but it turns out its legit, found the facebook links to them

https://www.facebook.com/hydfighters/

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Naveed-Muay-Thai-Boxer-631085253695439/posts/?ref=page_internal

seriously wtf at 54 seconds

AhmedBux.PNG

download.jpg

Gama1916.jpg

use.gif

I dunno why everyone posts the Cain leg extensions gif... I have done a million leg extensions like that and have never had any issues, they are an excellent supplement to squats and perfectly safe

Oh wait, no one on Sherdog lifts
Exactly like that?
Lifting that heavy and with those type of repetitions will def snap your shit up..Only a matter of time.

Exactly like that?
Lifting that heavy and with those type of repetitions will def snap your shit up..Only a matter of time.

I have done max weight on many machines, pretty much like that, and have never had any knee problems... and I've been lifting fot 17 years. Now my shoulders are fucked... but my knees are fine

Why would it snap your knees? All you're trying to do is flex your quad. You can have tendonitis i guess if you have your knees too far apart and the angle is awkward but Cain doesn't in that pic, they are close together. He's swinging a bit but that is just cheating, wouldn't really increase injury risk in my experience

I dunno everyone is different but in my experience they are perfectly safe.

There was an Indian guy in the UFC in the last year or so but he did poorly on his debut. Strange that in a country of a billion people nobody is really into becoming an MMA fighter, especially when Thailand is in the same region and kickboxing is like their national sport.

Same can be said of China and China is literally the birthplace of martial arts

Hmm... that is pretty hardcore. I don't agree with the jumping on the stomachs.

I've trained Muay Thai for a couple of years so I know conditioning is part of training especially you are fighter.

So basically if these are fighters and they can handle this training then this is nothing wrong with it.

It isn't too different to what they do in Thai land and the actually fighters are much more brutal which knees and elbows.

hey man cricket is awesome as an australian it is one of the top sports here
Man cricket is the weirdest sport ever, I've tried to watch it and can't really say I dislike it but I have absolutely no fucking clue what the hell is going on or what they are trying to accomplish, haha.

Man cricket is the weirdest sport ever, I've tried to watch it and can't really say I dislike it but I have absolutely no fucking clue what the hell is going on or what they are trying to accomplish, haha.

It’s all about them wickets and runs baby, sometimes the test matches kill ya. They go three days sometimes

Does cricket require athletic ability? 1.6 billion and not one 7'7 dude in NBA at least? Haven't penetrated any major sport. No soccer team I've ever seen or heard of probably never qualified for world cup. They're really good at cricket though whatever that is. It's weird. Dr lawyer or businessman or gtfo out the family I guess.

It’s all about them wickets and runs baby, sometimes the test matches kill ya. They go three days sometimes
Seriously, 3 days for 1 match, haha. Thats crazy. No wonder its never caught on in North America where the average attention span is about 20 minutes, lol.

They need to sign the modern day Maharaja to move the needle.

How are they supposed to train for a sport when they can’t even afford food?

Back