Why not Khabib vs Barboza?

They won't do that. Obviously they aren't going to pull ferguson out of the fight with RDA. Khabib is figting Alvarez, and Dana white confirmed that. It almost sounds like you don't want eddie to lose his belt to Khabib, which he will. lol

I couldn't give less of a fuck if Khabib wins. I wont be surprised if he defends one time or less a year if he wins.

They fucked up, I get it and now they are going to default a guy a TS over someone who deserves it more.

I'd be cool with them pulling Ferguson and have him sign to fight Alvarez and Khabib can go fight Barboza...

Figure something out with RDA.

Khabib would not be the first fighter who found himself in the right place at the right time to get a title shot. Alvarez was also in the right place at the right time to get a title shot. It is what it is.

Khabib would not be the first fighter who found himself in the right place at the right time to get a title shot. Alvarez was also in the right place at the right time to get a title shot. It is what it is.

Alvarez had 4 fights in the UFC and in those 4 fights, fought better comp than Khabib has in his entire career.

Alvarez had 4 fights in the UFC and in those 4 fights, fought better comp than Khabib has in his entire career.

No, Alvarez had 3 UFC fights before his title shot. He went 2-1 with both wins coming by split decision. That is hardly a strong argument for a title shot. He was in the right place at the right time and he made the best of it. Props to him.

And I like Alvarez a lot and have absolutely nothing against him.

No, Alvarez had 3 UFC fights before his title shot. He went 2-1 with both wins coming by split decision. That is hardly a strong argument for a title shot. He was in the right place at the right time and he made the best of it. Props to him.

And I like Alvarez a lot and have absolutely nothing against him.
That is 4 UFC fights.... I didn't say 4 then a title... I said he's had 4 UFC fights.

Who did Khabib fight in the last 2 years?

That is 4 UFC fights.... I didn't say 4 then a title... I said he's had 4 UFC fights.

Who did Khabib fight in the last 2 years?

We were talking about where the fighters were respectively when they got their title shots. Reread the post that you responded to.

And your reply was:

We were talking about where the fighters were respectively when they got their title shots. Reread the post that you responded to.

And your reply was:

So who did Khabib fight in the last 2 years again?

Barboza on fighting Alvarez:

"I would never fight a training partner, especially because he’s a good friend. If he was only a training partner, I’d fight him, but he’s a friend."

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/7/7...efuse-to-fight-eddie-alvarez-for-the-ufc-belt

I said it before. Khabib is the only choice that makes any sense right now. Right place, right time.

Alvarez shouldn't fight yet until the 4 guys close to a TS fight.. I'm cool with that.

Alvarez shouldn't fight yet until the 4 guys close to a TS fight.. I'm cool with that.

So your answer is that no defense at all makes more sense than fighting Khabib who is currently the #1 ranked contender. Really? That is genius Joe Silva just retired. You should apply for his job.

And how does Alvarez get paid if he isn't fighting? The man has a family to take care of.

Last edited:
I dont think Khabib would give Barboza the space to use his striking. If he used his kicks like he normally he does would be on his back very quickly, and that's bad news vs Khabib.

Khabib would ragdoll barboza. Barboza isnt known for having the best takedown defense and doesnt really have an effective game off his back either. Barboza is on a tear right now but khabib would be the worst matchup for him, khabib would give him no space and will just ragdoll him over and over. The only guy i see in the 155 division right now that could honestly trouble khabib is el cucuy ferguson. Ferguson has crazy submission skills and finds openings in grappling exhanges that no other fighter uses. Thats a fight i want to see !

Back