Why not Khabib vs Barboza?

I'd like to see it, clash of styles!!

No he doesnt. This guy does:

16-ufc-148-Gleison-Tibau-vs-Khabib-Nurmagomedov.JPG

Hes in the running for greatest TDD of alltime, he has a 92 TDD% for his career and he shut down Khabibs TD game to the tune of 0/13 on TDs

He was also roided when he fought Khabib

He was also roided when he fought Khabib

Roided when he fought Tony Ferguson, the rightful number 1 contender and that didn't seem to matter. Finished him in like 2 and a half minutes.

Roided when he fought Tony Ferguson, the rightful number 1 contender and that didn't seem to matter. Finished him in like 2 and a half minutes.

Well we all know what that means. Tony is obviously WAY better than Khabib.

Which reminds me. This gets to get even more solidified very soon. Tony and RDA are fighting soon. Khabib completely dominated him, so obviously Tony is going to finish him in round 1.

But wait, wait....What if RDA wins?

Well we all know what that means. Tony is obviously WAY better than Khabib.

Which reminds me. This gets to get even more solidified very soon. Tony and RDA are fighting soon. Khabib completely dominated him, so obviously Tony is going to finish him in round 1.

But wait, wait....What if RDA wins?

Then Khabib will be number one contender via RDA beating Tony. But wait, you tried to get me but you didn't.

But wait..... What if Tony finishes RDA in the first? What then? Khabib has no grounds for anything, other than his undefeated record.

Then Khabib will be number one contender via RDA beating Tony. But wait, you tried to get me but you didn't.

But wait..... What if Tony finishes RDA in the first? What then? Khabib has no grounds for anything, other than his undefeated record.

The RDA vs Ferguson winner will be next in line against the winner of Khabib vs Alvarez. RDA vs Ferguson is on Nov. 5th. The time frame doesn't work for either of them to be Eddies first challenger.

Khabib is the only option that makes any sense right now and he is the #1 contender so I have no idea what people are complaining about.

LOL...maybe, for the whole 2 seconds it will be standing...
If Barboza comes with good movement early in the fight, like he usually does, it will only take a few leg kicks to make things become reaally interesting

He has to connect early with those though, if he wants to reduce Khabib's mobility and dictate the pace and the range of the fight (just like he did against Melendez, an elite wrestleboxer with a heavy pressuring style). He can't let Khabib wears him down early. But remember that each round begins standing and Khabib looks quite hittable. Barboza has good chances imo.

Huge Khabib fan but Barboza is probably the worst matchup for him in the division.

Then again Jamie Varner managed to KO him so I'd still favor Khabib anyway.

That match up makes the most sense to me in the division besides RDA/Ferguson.

Rumor had it that it was going down at 205, but the triangle of Khabib, Alvarez, and Conor had to happen.

Why not Khaib vs Barboza?

Because Khabib is fighting Alvarez for his belt at 206. That's why.

The RDA vs Ferguson winner will be next in line against the winner of Khabib vs Alvarez. RDA vs Ferguson is on Nov. 5th. The time frame doesn't work for either of them to be Eddies first challenger.

Khabib is the only option that makes any sense right now and he is the #1 contender so I have no idea what people are complaining about.

Why can't Khabib fight barboza, exactly?

He doesn't deserve a titleshot. Plain and simple. Beat some top guys and earn it would be pretty neat.

Tony already has better wins than Khabib and he needs to win more compared to the guy with the more boring style and less the marketable guy?

That's pretty neat.

Why can't Khabib fight barboza, exactly?

He doesn't deserve a titleshot. Plain and simple. Beat some top guys and earn it would be pretty neat.

Tony already has better wins than Khabib and he needs to win more compared to the guy with the more boring style and less the marketable guy?

That's pretty neat.

Ferguson is fighting in November. He is out of the equation right now. Why does his name keep coming up?

Alvarez will be signing to defend his belt at 205 or 206. Who do you think he is supposed to fight?

Ferguson is fighting in November. He is out of the equation right now. Why does his name keep coming up?

Alvarez will be signing to defend his belt at 205 or 206. Who do you think he is supposed to fight?

They fucked up, I get it and now they are going to default a guy a TS over someone who deserves it more.

I'd be cool with them pulling Ferguson and have him sign to fight Alvarez and Khabib can go fight Barboza...

Figure something out with RDA.

They fucked up, I get it and now they are going to default a guy a TS over someone who deserves it more.

I'd be cool with them pulling Ferguson and have him sign to fight Alvarez and Khabib can go fight Barboza...

Figure something out with RDA.

They won't do that. Obviously they aren't going to pull ferguson out of the fight with RDA. Khabib is figting Alvarez, and Dana white confirmed that. It almost sounds like you don't want eddie to lose his belt to Khabib, which he will. lol

Back