Why not an Interim MW Belt: Romero vs Jacaré 2

09-Ronaldo-Jacare-Souza-Yoel-Romero-UFC-194-w-750.jpg

Time to give another garantueed shot at the champ with an Interim Title Fight between Romero and 'Jacaré' Souza.

Winner fights the champion, or becomes champion if GSP doesn't like to defend it if he beats current champion Bisping.

Fan of both these guys. I'd hate to see either one end their career without having held the strap.

Romero was already guaranteed a TS. And didn't get one.

But fuck it.

Romero vs Jacare 2 take 4

In my opinion, these threads are always made by people that simply want to see top contenders eliminate one another. No interim anything. They should wait patiently for their shot.

True but you know they'd make the rematch a main event fight, which would be extremely bad for Yoel. He should just run with the split decision win honestly, Jacare is his worst match-up.
Any interim belt fight is going to be 5 rounds whether it's the headline or the first fight on the prelims. It's a title fight.

Any interim belt fight is going to be 5 rounds whether it's the headline or the first fight on the prelims. It's a title fight.
A potential rematch between these 2, interim title fight or not, would surely be a 5-rounder. That's what I meant to say.

or they could just stop with this interim bullshit and let the champ fight the actual no.1 contender like they used to once upon a time

Neither of them should take this fight. They both deserve a title shot. It would be ridiculous to knock off two deserving top contenders. Give one a shot...then the other. Neither of them can take a loss at this point in their careers and expect another shot at the title.

While we're at it, let's set up Anderson Silva vs. Robert Whittaker for the Television Title:

vlcsnap-2011-06-01-15h38m53s140.png

Because interim belts are a joke and should only be created in rare circumstances.

Mother fuck an interim belt

But, seriously, i feel i can pretty much guarantee that that is exactly what will happen.

No need for an interim belt, Bisping is actually defending it here for the 2nd time.

Unlike Conor.

If they hadn't already fought it'd be perfect. Still works though. What's sad is we all essentially know this fight would be for the real championship.

I support it.

This is the problem with there being so many belts: What's one more?

The UFC had 5 champs for so long. So when they added FW and BW it was a big change.

But now there's 14 or so champs, plus some non-champs who might be the best in their divisions, like Cain, Rumble, etc. So 1 more isn't really significant

One of those rare occasions where the 'Interim' champ is considered by many to be the real champ.

Do it. Makes more sense for these two to fight for a belt than to have both of them sitting out doing nothing.

Much like the LW fight this weekend, we all know it would be for the real championship. #1 and #2 fighting each other.

Damn. That's a fine idea. Come to think about it...GSP would vacate the Midleweight Title instead of fighting either. Michael is ducking like crazy already, he can't beat Romero and Jacare.

This is a riot!!! What a big fucking mess!!

Back