Why McGregor will never be an MMA great.

I never thought I'd say this but you hit the nail on the head. Conor absolutely destroyed the former FW and current FW champion and ran through the division like a hot knife through butter. Moved up to face RDA who pulled out, then fought Diaz at 170 which is 2 weight classes above where he usually fights. Then made Eddie who had faced a murderers row to get to the belt and starched RDA in 1, look like an amateur, not a world champion.
Khabib couldn't hold a candle to Conor in terms of achievements, legacy and general success in combat sports.

giphy.gif

I bet you know how his butt tastes. Pathetic!

Too late TS, he already is, and he lives in your head rent free to boot.

Conor McGregor, a true GOAT? Ha!

With only 5 quality wins in in his career, and only a 2-year span of elite wins, Conor is closer to being just a "Flash-in-the-pan" rather than a All-Time Great.

Top-10 Ranked Opponent
= 5 Wins

• Aldo
  • Alvarez (LW)
  • Mendes
  • Nate (LW*)
  • Poirier
Longevity = 2 Year-Span of Greatness
  • First top 10 win = Sept 2014
  • Last top 10 win = Nov 2016
The true All Time Greats have at least TWICE or as many Top 10 Wins, if not TRIPLE, and their Greatness spans for about a decade or more.

GOATS? No.
But Greats? Absolutely yes.

Nobody wins 2 titles as easily as he did without being great.

He think he was made Khabib' bitch by tapping to a face squeeze like that but you guys are discounting Ginger way too much since this last fight.

He is still absolutely top tear.

His FW title run was impressive. His LW title run wasn't even a run. It was a gratis title shot.

But he is a one of a kind MMA pioneer that will be remembered by more casuals and have the most career earnings for a long time to come

9-2 in the UFC
Won 2 belts
Knocked out the FW GOAT in 13 seconds.
Knocked out the LW champ with ease..

Yes he is an MMA great.. And likely not done. He will win more big fights..

5 wins over Top 10 opponents
2 years of beating elite opponents (as of now)

That's laughable compared to the TRUE All-Time MMA Greats.
That's arguably not even 2nd tier-level MMA greatness.

Rich Franklin >/= Conor McGregor

But he is a one of a kind MMA pioneer that will be remembered by more casuals and have the most career earnings for a long time to come

MMA Icon Scale (1-to-10)
Conor = 10
Randy = 9
DJ = 5

MMA Great Scale (1-to-10)
DJ = 10
Randy = 9
Conor = 7 or 8

*Other fighters for comparison/perspective

Lotta triggered Conrad cuckboys in this thread

Didn't knock out Alvarez, tko and ko are not the same.

That is like saying when somebody shoots a basketball and it swishes straight through, it is not the same thing as somebody that banks it in. They both count for 2 points. And they both won the game. But because I am trolling, I randomly decided I respect one and not the other.

I disagree that Khabib has hands, said in the first post.

He has roughly the same reach as Holloway and is a bit taller than Woodley. T rex arms basically. Very easy for a real fighter like Ferguson or GSP or Woodley to counter.

When he throws an overhand it's basically at a normal punch distance for anyone else. It was quite lucky and a fluke one off.

Conor didnt lose cos he sucked. Its cos khabib is so good. Conor is still one of the best counterstrikers in mma history.

Conor did zero damage to Khabib on his feet. Perhaps you haven't seen this gif yet:

Conor04.gif

I think I've seen this gif in so many posts. Still never gets old

Must be so painful for nuthuggers as they grab at every straw to somehow, some way defend daddy.

Yes yes I know, "Conor has more money,"

But then you get this gif again... and mic drop

Sorry dude. All of your butthurt won't change the fact that no one else will be able to do what McGregor did. No one will dominate 2 champions at 2 different weight divisions like he did. All the butthurt in the world from his haters can't take that away. No matter how much you gargle Khabib's nuts, it's not going to change this.

And nothing's gonna change the fact that Conor ran from the FW division to avoid losing his title, fought a zero-prep post-holiday gate-keeper Diaz and tapped like a bitch, and got absolutely dominated by Khabib who made him tap like a bitch... again.

giphy.gif

Conor03.gif

If he had stayed retired after the Eddie Alvarez fight, many would still consider him one of the GOATS and definitely an all time great
Its crazy that after one terrible fight, he is now seen as an overrated bum.
I think he is an all time great, but that doesn't mean I won't make fun of him
I can insult him, but I still give credit to him at the same time
5bb94ab310e7f.jpeg

Back