Why McGregor will never be an MMA great.

If some people see Conor as a legend, you can't prove them wrong. "Legend" is an unofficial title, based on point of view.

Even Ricardo Arona is seen as a legend by a niche group.

It's a matter of opinion, not of fact.

this is weak and im not gonna go through all the reasons why. heres a few

not 12, 13 seconds, ask the man himself
mendes had him down in 5 seconds. literally took 5 seconds. mendes was tearing his face up with elbows, so i dunno, perhaps use another fight as an example?

his cardio isnt fine at all. hes a tiny man and he has cardio like dada 5000. ive never seen someone literally flee their opponent, as in, turn their back and literally run away, because they were gassing out so bad. ive never seen this happen in a single other fight.

you can listen to his own comments on his cardio problems after the floyd fight, this is no secret. you are trying to defend him here and he admits himself that he has a problem.

fame doesnt make him an all time great mma fighter, it makes him...famous.

going back to mma prehistory to talk shit about chuck and nog is fucking lame, it was a very young sport back then and at least they didnt gas out in 1 round, right?

his legacy is totally mediocre, and once the cult of personality dies down people will remember him as privileged trash

I listed so-called "all-timers" as reference points. They set the bar.

Gus turned and jogged multiple times in the DC fight. BJ Penn gassed all the time.

Boxing for 12 rounds at a fast pace is exhausting. Even two fantastic fighters in Canelo and GGG were sucking wind in the latter portion of their fight - forget a guy that was participating in his first professional match. Combat sports are tiring and Conor relies on explosiveness. It's not from a lack of training - Dominic Cruz said it best - he just can't sustain his quick-twitch capacity for a hard 5 rounds.

Mendes took him down and landed a couple shots before attempting a submission that Conor used to create a scramble and escape (from what I recall). He out-wrestled Holloway and swept Nate Diaz. I'm not claiming he's a BJJ menace but he's clearly not inept. I'd say above average.

And 12 seconds, 13 seconds, who cares? The point stands.

It becomes obvious when a great is great because people start picking at them for any reason to chop them down. With Conor it's "he never defended" and "he gets tired sometimes." With GSP it's "Scared to fight Anderson" and "couldn't finish a fight." With Anderson its "he got popped" and "he fought in a weak division." With JBJ it's "he's too big for the division" and "he popped!" and "he's a dirty fighter with the thigh stomps and the eye pokes." And Fedor is a "can crusher" who "got KO'd by a middle weight."

Wait..what?
Conor got fucked up by an undefeated mauler named Khabib.
Conor is NOT as good as Khabib. Period. End of story.
I dont think conor has ever been defeated in recent memory.
then mendez fight?
Conor defended like absolute ass vs Mendes.
He did better in the Khabib fight in defending. And yes, he is pretty shit on the ground.
I think all of his losses have been to almost the EXACT SAME METHOD of a rear naked choke.
I could maybe give a pass for Khabib and Diaz , because they are gods on the ground but the scrubs that beat him did the same shit.

Anderson silva could be considered a great over conor because silva has not only KOd people in dramatic fashion, but hes also SUBMITTED high level grapples.
When was the last time conor submitted ANYBODY lol

I love how you try and diminish the accomplishments of EVERYONE but dick ride conor like hes some fucking god....

Oh..btw when was the last time conor....are you ready?

DEFENDED THE BELT????

I'm not bashing anybody and I'm not dickriding Conor. All I'm saying is you can go to lengths to discredit any all-timer. Conor is a great fighter. I'm not saying he's better than Khabib, who is likely an all-timer himself. I'm saying he's great and deserves to be recognized as one of the sport's most dynamic talents.

Getting choked by two great grapplers is not an embarrassment. There's levels to this game. Conor is good, but those guys are better, and everyone knew that. Stop acting surprised or like it makes Conor bad because he lost to high-level competitors. If you had ever been in a fight, you'd know that the other guy trains hard and wants to win too. Conor has provided elite performances on the biggest stages. No shame in taking a dangerous fight on short notice (Diaz) or taking a bout with the man everybody said he was scared of, the worst match up in the division (Khabib).

It's pathetic how far people will go to hate on a tremendous athlete and fighter because he rustled their jimmies in a press conference.

How is Silva solid on the ground? His TDD is absolutely horrible and he could do nothing against Sonnen but was able to land a sub on a guy with 56% (9) of his losses coming by sub.

I'm a huge Silva fan and of course I think he's one of the MMA greats, but you have to be an idiot if you think a fighter needs to be well rounded to become an all time great, especially if you use Silva as an example who's a striker. It is obviously easier to become an all time great if you are very skilled in each are, but if you are able to control where the fight takes place then it doesn't matter if you have zero sub defense and face a BJJ back belt.

It would probably be a good idea have a quick think before you create a thread.

I listed so-called "all-timers" as reference points. They set the bar.

Gus turned and jogged multiple times in the DC fight. BJ Penn gassed all the time.

Boxing for 12 rounds at a fast pace is exhausting. Even two fantastic fighters in Canelo and GGG were sucking wind in the latter portion of their fight - forget a guy that was participating in his first professional match. Combat sports are tiring and Conor relies on explosiveness. It's not from a lack of training - Dominic Cruz said it best - he just can't sustain his quick-twitch capacity for a hard 5 rounds.

Mendes took him down and landed a couple shots before attempting a submission that Conor used to create a scramble and escape (from what I recall). He out-wrestled Holloway and swept Nate Diaz. I'm not claiming he's a BJJ menace but he's clearly not inept. I'd say above average.

And 12 seconds, 13 seconds, who cares? The point stands.

It becomes obvious when a great is great because people start picking at them for any reason to chop them down. With Conor it's "he never defended" and "he gets tired sometimes." With GSP it's "Scared to fight Anderson" and "couldn't finish a fight." With Anderson its "he got popped" and "he fought in a weak division." With JBJ it's "he's too big for the division" and "he popped!" and "he's a dirty fighter with the thigh stomps and the eye pokes." And Fedor is a "can crusher" who "got KO'd by a middle weight."

Gus sprinted to a more advantageous position, he was avoiding dcs takedown threat and ran so fast that if he was gassed it would have made him worse. I dunno if you are really just dumb or if you are drunk on conors stink but either way man i don't have anything else to say to you, have a nice life

Money talks. He will be remembered over all on your list.
200w.gif
So by your logic CM Punk > Matt Hughes cause he made more money?

Gus sprinted to a more advantageous position, he was avoiding dcs takedown threat and ran so fast that if he was gassed it would have made him worse. I dunno if you are really just dumb or if you are drunk on conors stink but either way man i don't have anything else to say to you, have a nice life

You don't understand fighting, what it means to be a fighter or a competitor. All you know is that trying to defame Conor gives you a sense of purpose as some faux MMA purist.

Back