Why Justin Gaethje will ktfo Michael Johnson

Well, I was thinking it's because he is better than Johnson everywhere. I used to think MJ was ok, until the TUF season where he hid behind Spong and talked alot of trash to ATT.

Well, I was thinking it's because he is better than Johnson everywhere.

MJ has consistently fought the best fighters in the world in the sports deepest division.

We can't say Justin is better at anything yet because he's been fighting B and C grade opponents. If you let UFC fighters face exhibition level competition, you'd get a similar result.

He's exciting and I think he'll do well, but this is a huge step up. We're about to find out where Justin is at for the first time.

Interesting fight,

Michael Johnson will try to lay ontop this dude though

Have you ever watched a Michael Johnson fight?

He's much more likely to get lay n prayed than the other way around.

MJ has consistently fought the best fighters in the world in the sports deepest division.

We can't say Justin is better at anything yet because he's been fighting B and C grade opponents. If you let UFC fighters face exhibition level competition, you'd get a similar result.

He's exciting and I think he'll do well, but this is a huge step up. We're about to find out where Justin is at for the first time.
You may be right. Maybe I'm just a little biased against MJ

I hope Gaethje wrecks Johnson just for the fucking dumb shit Johnson spouted at that press conference. Talking about killing a man in there? Firstly you just made yourself look like a kid in high school talking huge and ridiculous exaggerations and secondly what happened to the days of trying to get away from "human cockfighting" exactly? That quote was beyond dumb and makes the whole sport look like shit. Embarrassed for non-MMA fan friends to hear or see that type of thing. Along with Garbrandt and TAM on TUF, UFC looks exactly like the stereotypical meathead jock idiots trying to act like big hard men.

The side Johnson showed or fabricated at that press conference was a side he should keep tucked away he made a fool of himself and I hope this dude fucks him up just so that head never shows its ugly face again. If he was pulling the McGregor card that card does not fit him.

man.. couldnt have said it better.
i like mj but that jiberish was cringe, talking all 'playa', yep that explosive typo didn't fit him.
hes a playa though <45>

I don't like Johnson but he's better everywhere than Gaethje

This isn't gonna be Luis Palomino here, this is a seasoned UFC veteran that has been fighting the best

Sure, Johnson got smashed by Khabib, but there is no shame in losing to Khabib imo

Gaethje is gonna get put away like Poirier I think.. Michael will just be too quick to handle
Yah, people are oblivious to MJ's potential owing to his losses, who those losses came against and why they happened: he let his ego get in the way vs Nate and there is no grappler in the UFC on the level of Khabib, nm Justin. Like you pointed out, this ain't Palomino, who had multiple wars with Justin and has 1/10th the power of Michael. MJ may be the hardest hitter at 55 and is going to hit Justin in a way he has never been hit. I love Justin's fights but there are certain dudes you can't get hit square by, namely Rumble, Conor, Lineker and TWood, and I would arguably even put MJ in that class. What is scarier for Justin is that his entire game is predicated upon his ability to take a hit: that is a model bound to go up in flames while fighting in the UFC.

You know, this match up kind of reminds me of the UFC trying to make 'an example' out of a different orgs champ (i.e. Cerrone vs Eddie) and is just a horrible match up for Justin.....I wont be surprised to see him KO'd in a few minutes, and even if he lasts, it is a 3rndr and that is bad for Justin, who depends on the later 5 rnd type fights to get his game going.

I genuinely think Gaejthe is a masochist. He'd prefer one of his fight go like Rory-Lawler 2 over a KO 10 seconds into the first round.

Gaethje beat up people in the nobody league, remember that before saying he is going to beat a guy like MJ, who's beat up top people in the top talent pooled promotion.

Michael Johnson is a legit Gatekeeper. I look forward to this fight!

I hope Gaethje wrecks Johnson just for the fucking dumb shit Johnson spouted at that press conference. Talking about killing a man in there? Firstly you just made yourself look like a kid in high school talking huge and ridiculous exaggerations and secondly what happened to the days of trying to get away from "human cockfighting" exactly? That quote was beyond dumb and makes the whole sport look like shit. Embarrassed for non-MMA fan friends to hear or see that type of thing. Along with Garbrandt and TAM on TUF, UFC looks exactly like the stereotypical meathead jock idiots trying to act like big hard men.
The real problem is that you're soft. It is "human cockfighting" and it is filled with meatheads who get paid chump change to beat the shit out of each other. The sooner you accept this, the less stressed you will be.

The real problem is that you're soft. It is "human cockfighting" and it is filled with meatheads who get paid chump change to beat the shit out of each other. The sooner you accept this, the less stressed you will be.

See now while I get that it's fighting, I prefer athletes who get the job done without spouting too much garbage and throwing themselves around yelling how tough they are. Saying you're going to take a man's life in the octagon takes the cake for the most laughable shit you could say. It was Dana himself who used to make a big fucking deal on TUF about not tarnishing the image of the sport and giving those calling it human cockfighting good reason to say so. I guess now he's not that bothered anymore? Seems just another thing of the new era where everyone has to pretend to talk shit because it "sells fights" or more accurately, comes off as more WWE than WWE manages to do.

Back