Why isn't Sergei Kharitoniv in the heavyweight grand prix?

Yeah, and he's hot and cold. You never know if it will be the Sergei who showed up tonight or the one who fought Ayala or Monson.
What? Hot and Cold? So you think being 28-6 is hot and cold?

Sergei Kharitonov isn't in the Bellator Heavyweight Tournament because SCOTT COKER. The man left out Bobby Lashley, Cheick Kongo, Justin Wren, didn't over Augusto Sakai a contract extension and let him walk right into the UFC, where he will probably become a big name, and he left out Sergei Kharitonov. And the results have been a bunch of uncompetitive heavyweight tournament fights.

IMO sergei has a very strong chance of beating black beast (~30%) and black beast is getting a UFC titleshot...

TBH I wanted Kharitonov in the tournament as well. But that loss to Ayala for me has to be the reason he wasn't included. But man he looked very good here against Nelson. I'd say give him the winner of Kongo and Johnson next.

His loss to Ayala was a fluke.

He'd probably destroy him in a rematch.

Winner of Kongo vs Johnson is probably going to fight Kharitonov for an alternate spot in GP or first HW title shot after GP.

Fedor vs Sergei would be swell, even in this late stage of their respective careers.

Around the time they were putting it together, this happened

tumblr_og5pftDgPd1qd4esao1_r1_500.gif

Javy is a beast for the 1st 5 minutes and Sergei hadn't fought in a few years

If Kongo vs Johnson sucks, I'd make Kharitonov the alternate in the GP. If Kongo vs Johnson is good I would let the winner fight Kharitonov for the alternate spot. Then I will pray Fedor beats Sonnen and Bader gets injured so we have Fedor vs Kharitonov for the finals. That would be exciting for 1 round.

Hey fka. Yeah but he has won 5 fights since then. I'd like to see him as an alternate at least.

I'm not at all saying he isnt worthy especially after finishing big country.

What I meant was literally that fight was a tourney qualifier for Sergei but he got dropped dead.

I would be perfectly fine with kharitinov as an alternate after last nights performance.

Coker said Kongo vs Big Country would be the alternate spot but...

That's Minakov's spot.

Minakov is not an alternate he will face the champion whoever that may be.

Coker a couple days ago said it would either be Roy Nelson or Kongo as the alternate. After Kharitoniv's dominating KO performance over Nelson he just might have put himself in as the alternate for the HWGP title shot.

What? Hot and Cold? So you think being 28-6 is hot and cold?

Yeah, when you look how he's done against known, semi-respectable (and better) opponents. He lost to a WAY past his prime Monson and Ayala. That's the not the definition of elite.

Sergei could be the baddest man on the planet or a complete amateur on any given night.

Yeah, when you look how he's done against known, semi-respectable (and better) opponents. He lost to a WAY past his prime Monson and Ayala. That's the not the definition of elite.
You mean like Stipe, who lost to Struve? Or how about Fedor, who lost to Mitrione? Or any of the other elites. They basically all have lost to a scrub here and there

You mean like Stipe, who lost to Struve? Or how about Fedor, who lost to Mitrione? Or any of the other elites. They basically all have lost to a scrub here and there

Sergei has lost more than once or twice to guys who were way less-than-elite. This isn't GSP losing one time to Matt Serra. He's inconsistent and has a poor ground game....though he can look very good, like he did last night against an ancient, already punch-drunk Nelson.

Strictly cause of name recognition. Coker has big hopes for the HW tourney.

Mitrione is/was a ranked hw in the world not a scrub.

Sergei lost his qualifier against javy ayala that's why he's not in......he didnt qualify lol.

He can be alternate though

Back