Why isn't Sergei Kharitoniv in the heavyweight grand prix?

CauseImbetta

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Kharitoniv is a monster. Over the span of his career beat the whose who of MMA, why isn't he in the grand prix? He has a chance to win the whole thing. He is only 38 years old.

I started watching him back in pride. Always was a scary dude. Man those uppercuts. Unbelievable.

He is a striking monster, but his overall game is usually pretty weak.

It didn't help when he got knocked the fuck out by Ayala in his first fight in Bellator.

Maybe they just couldn't secure him for 3 fights straight. Some people value their ability to fight anywhere. Especially guys like Sergei whose careers are mainly in Russian orgs.

Around the time they were putting it together, this happened

tumblr_og5pftDgPd1qd4esao1_r1_500.gif

He is a striking monster, but his overall game is usually pretty weak.

Yeah, and he's hot and cold. You never know if it will be the Sergei who showed up tonight or the one who fought Ayala or Monson.

Sergei jab is amazing. Great punch selection.

I think he should have been in the GP as well. He is a legend and is still fighting top level competition. He finished Nelson so he should be an alternate.

Kharitoniv is a monster. Over the span of his career beat the whose who of MMA, why isn't he in the grand prix? He has a chance to win the whole thing. He is only 38 years old.

I started watching him back in pride. Always was a scary dude. Man those uppercuts. Unbelievable.

He's not in the GP because he got knocked dead by Javy Ayala.

He's not in the GP because he got knocked dead by Javy Ayala.

Hey fka. Yeah but he has won 5 fights since then. I'd like to see him as an alternate at least.

I think the real question is why isn't Cheick Kongo in it.

Around the time they were putting it together, this happened

tumblr_og5pftDgPd1qd4esao1_r1_500.gif

Javy > Kharitoniv > Roy > Javy

Interesting fact: Javy has wins over Eric Prindle and Thiago Santos, who fought twice with both of their fights cemented in Bellator legacy as the most nut-busting fights in mma history. These two have been scheduled to fight four times in total.

9783826.gif

REALLY?
Dude looks a fucking hard 48 at best.

Javy > Kharitoniv > Roy > Javy

Interesting fact: Javy has wins over Eric Prindle and Thiago Santos, who fought twice with both of their fights cemented in Bellator legacy as the most nut-busting fights in mma history. These two have been scheduled to fight four times in total.

That's not the Thiago Santos you're thinking of.

That's not the Thiago Santos you're thinking of.

I watched both their Bellator fights. Its exactly who I'm thinking of. I knew about him long before I knew of the UFC fighter.

Too old. He also did a bunch of K1 fights mainly using his boxing skills which most likely lowered his future quality of life. He did stop the one of the incarnations of Ubereeem when he was starting his bodybuilding career....

Modern Sergei would give modern Fedor and Crocop problems.

Back